It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant men banned from swimming pool in Germany due to sexual harassment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
So the ban has been lifted. The ban is not the issue here, the issue is this is yet another report of of migrants not behaving properly in a country that has offered the asylum and safety. For instance I cant walk around the streets of Dubai (chosen with no prejudice its just a well know to have a large Muslim population) in nothing but a pair of shorts sipping a bottle of Bud. I would be arrested, and as I have respect for other peoples laws and ways of life I would not do it anyway.

I am not blind or stupid so I know its not all migrants or all migrant men who are involved in this but the sheer amount of reports of this kind of behaviour is quite frankly shocking.

Or maybe this is all totally acceptable and I am just an ignorant prude.

edit on 20-1-2016 by lucagt1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
When I was a kid I went with my family to Egypt and Tunisia. It actually tells you in guide books that as a female you will be sexually harrassed. I was 11 and my sisters were 14 and 17. The whole trip we had grown men gawking at us, literally chasing after us, and shouting marriage proposals in broken English. We went to an outdoor market and my blonde sister had a trail of men following her like the pied piper, the ones in front pinching her but while she cried.

It's not just the men either. I remember being at the hotel pool in Cairo in our western swimsuits and a gang of Egyptian teen girls were shouting at us that we were filthy. We made friends with a westernized Arab girl who translated and told them to leave us alone. From what I understand, they all think we like it, that we're flattered. We wear clothes that show our legs because we WANT the catcalling and groping. So when you take them and drop them in a country full of beautiful white women, they think they're in Disneyland for wh@res.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Would it still be within ATS decorum to call these men savages? Or do I have to use pretty words because they are Muslim?

Really, would you consider boys of 14 or younger, that groped a 15 year old in a swimming pool to be "savages"?

I'd say they are on the wrong side of that fine line between experimentation and rape. Wrong, indeed. But a wrong that has existed waaaaay before we had refugees in Europe. Teenagers, clumsy, excited, sometimes driven by hormones, new to the feelings they now experience. Not mature, not balanced yet.

Yet another attempt to create news where there is none.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

It may happen a few times, here in the US but as soon the young men and adult males learn that is laws that will put them in jail for such behavior they will learn the lesson.

Also they will learn soon enough that the parents, husbands, brothers and family of the young women and adult women been sexually harassed carry guns for protections they will also get an eye opening of how the US treat sexual harassment rape and child molestation.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Hmm, I never did that when I was young.
Its in their genes, culture and religion.
And the fools imported more of these parasites.
We live in interesting times, and I think it will get worse soon.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The religion of peace..... and sexual harassment.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Siddharta
What happened was that some young men misbehaved in an indoor swimming pool in Bornheim, not far away from where I live. They used dirty language and made corresponding gestures. No crimes were reported.

The officials decided to forbid ALL inhabitants of a nearby asylum to use the swimming pool last week.
This ban was lifted YESTERDAY, because there was no reason to ban a whole group for some stupid guys who don't know how to behave in public.

German report: ban lifted

So a little bit away from the real situation and a little bit late in time.

Thanks for the Reality. I really mean that

A "cooling off period" - - - I'm OK with that.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The pool facility should also post some rules in the language of the young men so they can learn that certain behavior is unacceptable.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The pool facility should also post some rules in the language of the young men so they can learn that certain behavior is unacceptable.

That sounds like an excellent idea.

I always say: "Culture is the hardest thing in the world to change". I truly believe that.

The parents need to start smacking them up side the head at an early age to be respectful. My mom was raised in an era of race prejudice. She raised us not to be. She said because, we were not living her generation, we were living ours. A different time, different rules, different acceptance.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

What happened was that some young men misbehaved in an indoor swimming pool in Bornheim, not far away from where I live. They used dirty language and made corresponding gestures. No crimes were reported.

The officials decided to forbid ALL inhabitants of a nearby asylum to use the swimming pool last week.
This ban was lifted YESTERDAY, because there was no reason to ban a whole group for some stupid guys who don't know how to behave in public.

German report: ban lifted

same is happening literally every other town in Finland

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AcerM

Same thing happens in Los Angeles with non-migrants.

Teen boys act stupid around teenage girls.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
How loud did people need to scream that this kind of thing would happen, before others listened?

SMH

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Konduit

Absolutely... those men/boys are savages....but no where in that article does it mention muslims so that is you making assumptions

Perhaps you should read the article again.

Men from a nearby asylum shelter would be refused entry until they "got the message", a government official warned, as Germany grapples with concerns about sex crimes committed by those who have only recently entered the country.

"At the public meeting, I made it quite clear that it was an extremely difficult decision and it's clear that many innocent refugees are also affected by this."

It comes after two schoolgirls were sexually assaulted by a gang of Syrian children in another leisure centre in Munich.

It clearly says that the actions were taken after incidents with refugees from an asylum shelter and sexual assaults by a gang of Syrian children.

Which country currently has refugees seeking asylum in Germany? Which secular group do the overwhelming majority of these refugees belong to?

Let's just deny the obvious because the article graciously uses the term "migrant".
edit on 21-1-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: AcerM

Same thing happens in Los Angeles with non-migrants.

Teen boys act stupid around teenage girls.

ok, this is totally new for us (such a large scheme), until this only retarded people didn't knew how to act in a spa
edit on 21-1-2016 by AcerM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: stosh64

.These refugees come from a putrid culture and while some male refugees are just like the rest of us who will admire a female body through sunglasses so they won't get caught gawking, others seem to think that they can waltz in and claim women as prizes.

They don't come from a putrid culture - the middle east is actually the cradle of civilisation with amazing art, books, architecture - mathematics and culture - they come from a place with amazing origins - particularly places like Iraq/ Iran and Syria - it is the modern day interpretation of islam that has ruined everything.

This 'groping' has been going on for years and it is a perversion - it happened to me when I was 18 years old when I was in Egypt - in front of my 6ft 2 boyfriend men would just grab at me as they walked past - it happened so quickly.

I also remember being 'groped' with friends in London on NYE in the mid 1980s by a group of North Africans.

I have been to Morocco, Egypt, the Sinai. Palestine, The Golan heights in Syria and Jordan and met some amazing people.

I think the problem with the modern day North Africans and some of the middle eastern countries - is that their society has been destroyed by a combination of wars, over population and a lack of resources - so this has thrown up some very unbalanced - probably mentally ill individuals - who are inflicting damage on easy targets - ie women.

I think allowing 1 million traumatised young men to walk into Europe - was always asking for trouble
edit on 21-1-2016 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: HelenConway

You been the Golan? cool, great place. Serious question...................................Did the Druze grope?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

There's much truth in that.

Part of the problem is it's not about sexual harrasment/assaults by over sexed boys and men, it's about keeping power over women in their culture. That didn't begin with Islam. That goes back to long, long before Islam.

It's not going to change over night, nor will it change by wishing it away. Only stern measures that leave no room for ambiguity will begin to change it. That's not going to occur in the ME anytime soon...but in Europe, there's no excuse for this happening, other than not wanting to do it.

MHO, of course...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Yes I have been to the Golan Heights after it was annexed by Israel obviously - but it is still Syria.
It was the most beautiful place I have ever been to - apart from the gun fire from the Israeli exercise that was happening at the same time.

It is probably ruined now - this was in the mid 1980s.

I guess you are being sarcastic so I wont respond to the last bit of your post - but not all men of middle east Origins ' grope' obviously - I can show you plenty of places in England where there are some pretty unsavoury British people - just because I am English - it does not mean I am like them or that others are either.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: HelenConway

It was a serious question. I personally think the Druze are very caring towards ladies. Put it this way I'd rather go shopping with my girl in a Druze area than an Arab area any day.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Oh ok - I don't remember meeting the Druze specifically.

I met quite a few Christians who were living in the middle east - but I am getting that has changed - they are being murdered.

The Bedouin didn't 'grope' women either.

When I was in Morroco I was told that 75% of the population was under 16 years of age - I am not sure if that is true - but that could be half the problem.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join