It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ask a/about..." threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Why is it that whenever there's an "Ask a/about..." thread there are always people who aren't in that group, know about the subject or are getting their info from some bizarre corner of the web thinking they know more/better than the people who actually are in those groups/field/have the knowledge?

You see it in ask a mason, ask about physics, everywhere.

There's always someone who thinks they know better, but don't even have the basic understanding of what the subject is.

It's turned from asking to defending the subject. It's ridiculous.

Yes this is in rant.

Yes it annoys the hell out of me.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

What is it your asking? I'm an expert in asking...I know better than you so I will refrain form asking you so you dont have to defend your asking us to ask you!

Do not respond to this rant!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

What is it your asking? I'm an expert in asking...I know better than you so I will refrain form asking you so you dont have to defend your asking us to ask you!

Do not respond to this rant!

Haha

It's just with the ask anything about something threads some people seem to think they know more than the people answering the questions.

Take the ask a mason thread. There are a few masons answering questions, but there have been non-masons making bold statements and answering things they "think" is right.

I say leave the answers to the people who know, not people who have read something and believe it because it was on the Internet.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I used to save some of the better "I-know-everything" member comments over the years.

One of the best I've ever seen was an ATS member commenting that they had reached spiritual enlightment several years prior. They were advising the OP on "how the universe works", when it was clear they did not even understand what the OP was talking about.

I got ticked off recently by a member who left a couple snarky comments in a thread of mine. The topic was artificial intelligence, and I explained how there is a coalition of scientists, inventors, and A.I. design people who agree that there are many possible dangers involved in A.I.
The advent of super-intelligent computers coupled with robotics, nano-tech, etc could be extremely hazardous.

The commenter I speak of told me I was silly to even entertain such thoughts and that I watch too many 'Terminator' movies.

The haughtiness, the outright hubris of some people is shocking.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Take the ask a mason thread. There are a few masons answering questions, but there have been non-masons making bold statements and answering things they "think" is right.

Sure...trust the Mason just because it says it's a Mason. I know for a fact that they are actually flying lizard aliens who thrive on the energy produced by tiny crystals shaped like the great pyramid coursing through their nanotube vein analogues, which are amplified by the presence of baby tears.

How do I know this? I have my sources. I know the misinformation spread by the Dark Overlords of the Underworld posing as Great Workmaticians is false because I have stretched as far as The Interwebs go to find the TRUTH! I watched a YouTube video (since taken down...) posted by the grand-nephew of the neighbor of a guy who once adopted a kitten from the ex-sister-in-law of a former (dishonorably discharged) Coast Guard mechanic. It doesn't get any more legit than THAT!

Direct sources are stupid anyway. Dubious internet sites with horrible track records are the way to go if you want the real truth. You should stop listening to people with actual experience and knowledge in subjects and get your information from the One Person On Earth who knows more than everyone else (me, of course!) Now, excuse me while I extract yet another tracking device from my navel. They're made of these tiny filaments similar to lint - some real dummy poopooheads say "that's lint" - show's what they know! BTW, sometimes they taste awful!

Ah that was fun. Sorry, I'm deathly bored at work right now. My less fun version of a reply: YES. S&F. It all needed to be said!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Sure...trust the Mason just because it says it's a Mason. I know for a fact that they are actually flying lizard aliens who thrive on the energy produced by tiny crystals shaped like the great pyramid coursing through their nanotube vein analogues, which are amplified by the presence of baby tears.

How do I know this? I have my sources. I know the misinformation spread by the Dark Overlords of the Underworld posing as Great Workmaticians is false because I have stretched as far as The Interwebs go to find the TRUTH! I watched a YouTube video (since taken down...) posted by the grand-nephew of the neighbor of a guy who once adopted a kitten from the ex-sister-in-law of a former (dishonorably discharged) Coast Guard mechanic. It doesn't get any more legit than THAT!

Direct sources are stupid anyway. Dubious internet sites with horrible track records are the way to go if you want the real truth. You should stop listening to people with actual experience and knowledge in subjects and get your information from the One Person On Earth who knows more than everyone else (me, of course!) Now, excuse me while I extract yet another tracking device from my navel. They're made of these tiny filaments similar to lint - some real dummy poopooheads say "that's lint" - show's what they know! BTW, sometimes they taste awful!

Ah that was fun. Sorry, I'm deathly bored at work right now. My less fun version of a reply: YES. S&F. It all needed to be said!

The "YES. S&F" response would have been OK, but your actual reply? Way funnier!!

But it does seem that IS how it works sometimes for the "I know better than you even though I've never studied "subject in question".

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Haha

So you had to go and respond when I told you not to. Now about those Masons; I dont bother asking them anything. Its like asking a Christian if he believes in the Virgin Birth.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Haha

So you had to go and respond when I told you not to. Now about those Masons; I dont bother asking them anything. Its like asking a Christian if he believes in the Virgin Birth.

I don't like doing what I'm told. I'd rather do what I feel is right

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

edit on 19-1-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
When information is readily available at a few clicks of a button, it's easy to pretend you know stuff.

~ Copy and Past
~ skim through the article (maybe just the title of the article)
~ use overly used 'big words' and use them way more often than needed (showing that even your 'big words' are from a website you just looked up also, and you have no other articulate vocabulary to pluck from)
~ pretend you know what you're talking about
~ deny any of the oppositions information because "you got your information from a "reputable" website"
~ Collect Ego Points

Congratulations, you're a google-search 'expert'

And that's why they do it

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

thats your problem

its insane to expect the correct answer about fre-masonry from an actual mason

only someone who has personally fellated david icke can answer questions about the masons

i am not qualified to answer any questions about the masons

new topics

top topics

join