It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19.6 Trillion Dollars in Tax Increases...Can you feel the "Bern" now?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: elitegamer23

I do have a problem with some of the candidates, but not with all of them. I like Rubio, Christie, Kasich, and Carley Fiorina. I'm very much opposed to Trump, Cruz, Clinton, and, of course, very opposed to Sanders. But, once again, they would all raise the debt with Sanders raising it the most. There are many other very important issues in addition to the national debt issue outstanding with which we have to deal.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just read through all 22 pages of this thread. Oh man, what a headache.

It's spectacularly humorous how many people actually believe in voting & spectacularly terrifying how some people don't give a crap about the well being of the human race.

There's more than enough money in the world to eradicate poverty in all forms, & much more.

People who defend millionaire/billionaire/trillionaires are the true enemies of humanity.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

Well supporting people who will just do more of the same isn't going to save what's left of the United States of America.

You support Rubio , and he has promised he will increase the military a lot which of course will add a huge amount to the debt.

It doesn't matter if these people borrow more money to pay for the military or health care for all. They are still adding to an inane debt.

no matter who is elected the debt will pass the 20 trillion mark in their tenure .

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You're right, of course, but we have to bolster the military given the threats from Iran, Russia, and, of course, global terrorism and particularly Isis. I'm afraid there are just no free lunches and military expenditures are high by nature. But we simply have to do what we need to keep America strong and safe.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

How about giving $3billion to Israel every year? I fully support military spending but our priorities are totally screwed.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

What good is a military if you have only poor people to defend ? Or maybe that isn't how It works.

Do you support Bernice's stance on supporting our vets, the men and women who have already given it all to keep America strong and safe ?

berniesanders.com...
edit on 31-1-2016 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Bernie gives good lip service and rhetoric to the V.A. issue out of political correctness, but there won't be anything left to fund the military or to bolster the V.A. either after he taxes Wall Street and small business to death and sees all the unemployment that results among the tax paying public. With a depleted treasury, what will Bernie use to pay our soldiers and fund the V.A.? There are only so many free lunches left!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

he will try to rob from the rich to give away free things

The rich have been robbing from us and the government has been giving away free (or nearly free) things to them for decades, so why can't we switch roles for a bit?

If it's Ok from them to extort all of our money from us then why can't we take some of our money back and get something useful out of it?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Its not good either way. In America every person should have a right to work hard and achieve his or her life goals. That means being able to keep the bulk of what each one of us earn in a free enterprise system. Unfortunately, that is not the Bernie Sander way!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

Agreed. Israel needs as much help as America can provide. She is surrounded by enemies on all sides who want to destroy her and won't even recognize her basic right to exist as free and sovereign nation.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Then we don't agree. That is money that could be far better spent on ending homelessness & hunger in America. But no, we'd all rather sit here & bicker about class wars & wealth while much of our money is squandered overseas.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

Do you really think this money would be spent to ease hunger and homelessness in America as distinguished from lining the pockets of special interest groups and greedy politicians on the take?

At least, with more aide from the U.S., Israel might be better able to protect itself from rockets fired at her southern border from Hamas terrorists hiding behind human shields and be better able to try to prevent Israeli citizens from being stabbed in the back on an almost daily basis by persons encouraged to commit acts of murder by leaders in the P.L.O.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Now that's closer to a proper answer. Thank you.

I'm still of the firm belief that the government should stay out of the "healthcare" business. Let the providers compete for customers, we all benefit that way. the ACA is an unmitigated disaster, and is completely unconstitutional as well..i couldn't care less what the supreme court says on the matter; they've demonstrated that they don't give a fig about the constitution. The federal government has ZERO constitutional authority to require citizens to purchase a product from a private company, under threat of fine.

All they've done is create a captive customer base, and the insurance companies, recognizing that, have raised the price of this mandatory product up, and up, and up.. The ACA was nothing more than a blank check to the health insurance industry, drawn on the collective bank accounts of the american people.

Now, if i'm understanding this kooky plan of his, the idea is that if there's a "single payer" system in place, similar to the NHS, that we won't be paying all this money to the insurance companies, and the increase in taxes will be covered by the money we're saving by paying these crooked companies for a product that we don't want, can't afford, and can't ever use.. the idea is that we actually come out ahead.

Not sure i buy it, i don't care enough to run the numbers properly...besides, Sanders has zero chance of being elected, he's playing a part.. that part is the part of "mental old man"...they're all falling on their swords, to make Clinton look FANTASTIC in comparison.

I'd rather Trump won, but i have a strong feeling Clinton is going to get it, because Americans, at least the loud, vocal ones, are absolutely obsessed with gender, skin color, and ethnicity, and they will gladly elect another novelty president, no matter how corrupt he or she may be..

I think we're screwed.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Christie? seriously?

As someone who lives in the state he currently governs, i'd rather set myself ablaze, than vote for that pompus rat bastard.

He governs a state where Airsoft and paintball guns are classified as firearms, and, under the right circumstances, can land you in a state prison for up to a decade. Ammunition bans, may issue... this state has some of the most idiotic and unconstitutional gun laws in the country....and he fully supports every one of them.

We have some of the lousiest roads and bridges in the nation, the cost of living in this state is absolutely INSANE, and he thinks he's done just fine..

I was born in this state, i was raised in this state, and i wish i didn't love this state so much....because if i want to be able to live on my own, with some dignity, and with the liberties protected by the constitution, i'll most likely hafta move to another state...unless we get a governor who will actually do something about all of this crap.

No thanks...i'd just as soon vote for Deez Nuts.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Bulls**t.

If we pulled our forces back, and focused on defending the homeland, we could cut military spending DRASTICALLY. Now, i'm not saying gut the military...no, i love our armed forces, and i don't want to see a single one of them discharged for the sake of saving money... we bring them home, and we put them to work shoring up our defenses, and protecting the country.... no more sending them off to die meaningless deaths, in countries that your average high-school student can't even point out on a map.

No, we bring them home, we put them to work repairing federal roadways, building defensive structures along our borders, patrolling the borders, providing security at ports, and official entry points.. and if we absolutely NEED to fight an enemy, then they go out there, kick ass, and come home.

we've been in the middle east for WELL over a decade now....chasing ghosts, and losing people left and right. Enough is enough.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

I want to get the war with Isis over and done asap, and what I have proposed is what I think would be the most expeditious way to accomplish that goal. This is a war we must win and we didn't start it! To accomplish same, we have no choice but to bolster our military and that costs money. There are no free lunches, and the price of freedom has always been high. There are many who agree. I'm sorry you choose to see things differently but that is your right as a free thinking American citizen.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You know you did your math wrong? Right?

His plan is not extremely more expensive than other plans...

But your math is off. A trillion is a million times bigger than a million...

So let's act like his plan cost 200 trillion a year, for 200 million people.. That would be 1 million each.

20 trillion, 200 million people... 100k each.

2 trillion, paid by 200 million people ( pretty close overall estimate now ) 10k each.

Businesses would take on quite a bit of this, though. They already do in a way, this would just be a replacement cost ( not sure how much higher/lower to the business )

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

The discussion about Christie, in my opinion, should focus on his excellent record fighting and prosecuting terrorists together with the executive experience he gained while dealing with the serious problems of an important state. These are skills he could bring to the White House.

I see there are many things you don't like about Governor Christie but his potential skills as a presidential candidate cannot be minimized.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I maintain that Isis must absolutely be defeated first, and the battle must be taken to where they live before they bring the battle here to where we live! Don't forget that Isis wants to kill Americans and they declared war on us. Not the other way around.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You know you did your math wrong? Right?

His plan is not extremely more expensive than other plans...

But your math is off. A trillion is a million times bigger than a million...

So let's act like his plan cost 200 trillion a year, for 200 million people.. That would be 1 million each.

20 trillion, 200 million people... 100k each.

2 trillion, paid by 200 million people ( pretty close overall estimate now ) 10k each.

Businesses would take on quite a bit of this, though. They already do in a way, this would just be a replacement cost ( not sure how much higher/lower to the business )

The top 10% of earners take 40% of the total income and pay almost 50% of taxes in America.

Most people probably wouldn't see much of a tax increase if they are currently paying for their ACA coverage. The ACA was absolutely insane and the only options that least harm the average person financially are a universal healthcare (as opposed to insurance) plan or a la carte insurance plan.

-FBB
edit on 2-2-2016 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join