It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Allegedly Urged Drivers To Run Over Black Lives Matter Protesters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Cop Allegedly Urged Drivers To Run Over Black Lives Matter Protesters

The St. Paul, Minnesota, Police Department has put an officer on leave while it investigates allegations that he made a post on Facebook urging drivers to run over protesters who rallied against the police killings of two black men in the Twin Cities last year.

The social media message told people how to avoid being charged with a crime if they struck someone during the Martin Luther King Day march and rally Monday on a bridge linking St. Paul and Minneapolis.

"Andrew Henderson, who frequently videotapes officers at work because he says he wants them to be held accountable, noticed the comment from 'JM Roth' about 1 a.m. Saturday and immediately reported it to St. Paul police," the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported. "He filed an internal affairs complaint Sunday, naming Sgt. Jeffrey M. Rothecker."

Yo. What the heck! I can't believe this is real. I'm currently speechless. So here's the full Facebook text to read while I think of something to say.

Run them over. Keep traffic flowing and don’t slow down for any of these idiots who try and block the street. Here is the deal, you continue to drive and if you hit someone make sure you call 911 to report the accident and meet the cops a block or two away and you can justify stopping further away because you feared for your safety since in the past people in this group has shown [sic] a propensity towards violence. Since they are trying to block the street and/or cross where there is no crossing you should not be charged with anything. Now, these idiots could try and sue you in civil court, but remember that it will be jury trial and so most likely it will come out in your favor.

Man, that didn't get any easier... This cop needs to be fired immediately! This goes beyond callousness and into vindictive territory. I can't believe he said to call 911 and THEN have the car who just ran someone down park up the street to fear for their safety. Sick.

ETA: In any case, I'm glad that the police's tactic of arresting people posting crimes on Facebook has come back to bite them in the ass.
edit on 19-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I only wish this was unbelievable...

Here is the deal, you continue to drive and if you hit someone make sure you call 911 to report the accident and meet the cops a block or two away and you can justify stopping further away because you feared for your safety since in the past people in this group has shown [sic] a propensity towards violence.

Yeah, everybody knows how unreasonable "people in this group" are... they get all angry and stuff when people plow through them with cars... they must feel all entitled or something.

Since they are trying to block the street and/or cross where there is no crossing you should not be charged with anything.

So in other words, it's open season on anybody that is crossing the street where there is no cross walk? Or heaven forbid, holding a protest that inconveniences the good honest white folk that this is no doubt targeted to? So the next time any driver sees anybody in the street not in an oh-fish-oil crosswalk, they can target them, then claim they (the driver) were in fear of their life? Or does that only hold if the person they run down is black?

Mooks like this are why people distrust and dislike the police. Be interesting to see what happens to this guy... will he get the same reaction that this exact same posting would engender had it been worded slightly differently to target police instead of BLM?

Good find, S&F.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This guy sounds like a complete tool....

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Open_Minded Skeptic

Mooks like this are why people distrust and dislike the police. Be interesting to see what happens to this guy... will he get the same reaction that this exact same posting would engender had it been worded slightly differently to target police instead of BLM?

Good find, S&F.

EXACTLY! I mean the narrative in the news is that the Police are racist and this moron goes on a racist tirade telling white people (obviously) to run down pedestrians protesting in the street (on MLK day no less) and they'd have the Police's backing if they did! Sheesh...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Open_Minded Skeptic

Good find, S&F.

EXACTLY! I mean the narrative in the news is that the Police are racist and this moron goes on a racist tirade telling white people (obviously) to run down pedestrians protesting in the street (on MLK day no less) and they'd have the Police's backing if they did! Sheesh...

Fox News would say there is nothing wrong with this... I mean come on people need to get to work!

Yes that was sarcastic.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais

Actually I'm sure that some people will be along eventually yelling about political correctness and that this guy's freedom of speech is being violated here.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Something about that whole statement of his (on Facebook no less) reeks.

A cop for one, inciting murder, leaving the scene, and promising immunity?

I know they kill 'suspects' unjustly and some bad cop apples are in the mix, but usually they try and hide that behavior.

Until now? BLM is proving a lasting phenom and they are smarter than most. The idea they had here was stringing chain through the windowopenings of cars blockading the bridge, then sitting inside and locking the doors.

Pretty Newsworthy. So (imo) would a false Facebook post pretending to be a cop…

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This guy was turned in by a citizen who spends his time video taping police officers.

"Andrew Henderson, who frequently videotapes officers at work because he says he wants them to be held accountable, noticed the comment from 'JM Roth' about 1 a.m. Saturday and immediately reported it to St. Paul police," the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported. "He filed an internal affairs complaint Sunday, naming Sgt. Jeffrey M. Rothecker."

So he's a concerned citizen keeping government from over policing us. You know, one of us? Also, this officer has been known to post offensive stuff on his Facebook profile already.

Both the comment and the JM Roth account have since been deleted, the local independent weekly City Pages reported. "But Henderson, of cop-watching group Minnesota Cop Block, says JM Roth has often commented on the group’s Facebook page. Usually the barbs call their readers 'idiots,' say they couldn’t handle being cops, and question the size or existence of their testicles. But this was the first time he saw JM Roth preach violence. 'When I saw that coming from a police officer, a person who is sworn to serve and protect people, it really struck a chord with me,' Henderson says."

This is the statement released by the St. Paul Police Department:

We are aware of the concerns surrounding the comment posted on Facebook and are actively investigating. The statement is offensive, disappointing, concerning and does not reflect in any way—or align with—the views, values and practices of the Saint Paul Police Department.

The entire department, starting with Chief Thomas Smith, has worked tirelessly to develop partnerships throughout the community, and we have a long history of supporting individuals and groups who wish to express their opinions. There is no tolerance within the department for employees who insult, threaten or attempt to silence those exercising their First Amendment rights.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
All he stated was defend yourself.
Self defense is not unlawful.
A mob bent on violence will disable your vehicle and turn it into a flaming heap in no time flat.
Mob supporters want helpless victims, unending sympathy, and carte blanche to do anything they want.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Wow...remember kids, pedestrians mean prizes!

What the hell is going on lately? It would be bad enough if a police officer held a view like this in secret, but actually going right out there and announcing that he believes that a certain group of people ought to be run down by impatient drivers, while all that group would be trying to do, is engage with their rights under the law!?

Christ...people like that, who hold views like that should not be permitted to work as police officer. And note, I said people who hold those views. You cannot uphold the law, or the rights of citizens under the constitution of the United States of America, if you believe in crushing people who engage with free speech, under a tonne and a half or more, of metal, rubber and plastic.

Utter garbage. He should be fired, the person who hired him should be fired, the person who did his psychological evaluation prior to being made an officer ought to be fired, and if he has a wife, she should be fired as well, just for being seen around town with the creep!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Until now? BLM is proving a lasting phenom and they are smarter than most. The idea they had here was stringing chain through the windowopenings of cars blockading the bridge, then sitting inside and locking the doors.

I seriously hope you're joking

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Not unusual the same goes here if you hit an idiot they tell you to go to a safe place to wait for the police. Especially at 1AM they are just looking for an insurance claim. Thats the way the world works in the hood people!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wow, talk about fanning the flames of hatred. It's police officers like that that gives them a bad name over the place, I can see that Facebook post being used as fuel for that fire.

It's getting crazy in the USA, when black folks gather together to protest something or bring something to light, some folks get upset that they are upset with the way things are or with the way things are done. It takes two to tango and both sides are going to have to come together, neither side can afford to "dip their toes into the water" to see if it's too hot or cold.

That is a real doozie right there.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

If I was in a "mob" that just got ran down by a car on purpose, I think I'd be looking to tear that car apart too.

PS: Running people over with a car isn't self-defense.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You think the cop was? Ar least very stupid, shouting out on Facebook…

thats why I had trouble believing it. Obviously I was mistaken, cretins like that actually become Peace Officers.

(turns in citizenship)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

a reply to: charolais

Actually I'm sure that some people will be along eventually yelling about political correctness and that this guy's freedom of speech is being violated here.

But yet if it was BLM calling for cop killings they'd be all up in arms. Litterally......

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

You don't live there so you don't understand. A guy that worked here for a while hit a black woman that didn't stop coming of the projects driveway. Nobody hurt but she laid on the ground screaming. The cops took less than a minute to show up but by then 80 people had gathered and pretty much destroyed his car trying to get him out. She sued for 3 million dollars and got nothing. His car went from a $2000 fix to a total job. [snipped]

edit on 1.19.2016 by Kandinsky because: snipped offensive comment

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If I was in a "mob" that just got ran down by a car on purpose, I think I'd be looking to tear that car apart too.

PS: Running people over with a car isn't self-defense.

Then you would be acting out in violent retribution, which is the opposite of self defense.

Glad to know the thread starter is for unlawful violence, explains the premise of this thread.

When the only way to exit the violence you have no part of is to move your car forward, then your only recourse for self preservation is to move the car forward.

edit on 19-1-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

What are you talking about? This Police officer is telling people to run protesters over then park up the street because of self-defense. Are you trying to tell me that you wouldn't be extremely upset after being run down by a car under the presumption they had the full authority of the police to do so?

Me being for unlawful violence? What about the part where an officer is condoning running someone over with a moving vehicle and THEN saying they won't be ticketed/arrested for it?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Your comparisons are unsettling.

There is a difference between being a police officer, and posting on social media - honestly, forget it.

Remember, folks - whenever LEO's make comments and suggest how to break the law, it's all good!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join