It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should society consider mandatory sterilization?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
You will have quite a fight on your hands with the industries and corporations that make it their business to take care of and assist these "lesser individuals" with living their "inferior and non productive" lives.

There is nothing to contribute to any society in reality.

Society produces what it produces best.

Nothing important for anyone but the few near the top tiers of society, which are, in reality, the dumbest and most helpless and most needy.
edit on 19-1-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It is growing a plant. As in, a single, genetically identical one, en masse. If a disease comes through that it is susceptible to, the entire crop tends to be wiped. What happens in a diverse crop is that several may be resistant and survive, and they may be then used to make a new crop that won't die off like that (natural selection.) In case of a mono culture, it's all or nothing.
Imagine one thousand people in a theater, that are all the same person. That is what a mono culture is like.

The issue I am alluding to is, what if the plant that we chose as a basis for starting the mono culture, has a mutation that causes it to increase the risk of lung cancer? The problem wouldn't be that we genetically modified it, the problem would be that we produced hundreds of thousands of copies of the same plant.

You're better off asking Ghost147 about this stuff, though.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed
You know who else liked this idea? ...

Hitler

False Argument.

Hilter was a fan of the idea of vegetarianism. Does that make all Veggies nazis?

Anyway Hitler wanted to EXTERMINATE groups. His idea of sterilization was to KILL people.

No one is suggesting to killing people.

People with genetic problems can live long and happy lives.....but with out reproducing.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: BadBoYeed
a reply to: kumiho

So, just because you have above average intelligence, it's now ok to cull the population? There have been intelligent serial killers and rapists. But they were smart so it's ok....

Who said anything about culling? No is talking about exterminating people.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: kumiho

What you call pure, I call adapted, habituated to climate for millennia before modern transportation bridged continents. The sun in Africa darkened skin pigment, the lack of sun bleached skin white in Northern Europe.

They had to invent ships to begin mixing peoples genes from different continents.

You want to go back to 'pure', then burn the ships and planes, make it illegal to travel abroad.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I don't like this idea or its implications.

Who gets to decide who deserves to live or die? The government? Those awesome bureaucrats and the medical mafia/big pharma? yikes
edit on 19-1-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Should society consider mandatory sterilization? Is this the way to control population? Stop passing on genetic code that produces lower IQ people? Stop mental retard and other known diseases and illness that get passed onto their offspring?

Have you ever seen an entire family with mental illness and/or with a genetic disease that effects their lives so that they can not contribute to society? I have....and the numbers are outstanding..... and they continue to have more children.

Like Bill Burr says 80% of the worlds population should walk into the ocean - meaning dumb people keep making dumb children. Now this was HIS joke but if you closely look at it from a different angle WITHOUT killing off the population by having them walk into the ocean but instead use sterilization..... it makes sense. Those who are considered to have genetic defects that have offspring with low IQ's (under 70) and those who have gene defects would not be able to reproduce and could live out their life as they wish.

Not only should sterilization be considered, we should also consider the positive facts behind this idea. Controlling the population - this planet has too many humans on it. Control through sterilization. Next..... intelligence would rise dramatically maybe the first step in realizing wars can be stopped if people can sit around a table and talk like intelligent human beings but more importantly we would have healthy people who could stop from ever having the common cold or flu ever again? Rule out common illnesses and disease as they die off.... clean the genetic code.

Technology and science would faster expand making lives easier on this planet. Maybe closer to being able to feed and house everyone on this planet.... making poverty illegal.

As a licensed hunter in Europe we understand what it means by "thinning out the herd" and controlling wildlife by killing off the sick and weak animals so they don't mate with the strong and healthy animals. This DOES NOT mean we should kill off people so don't twist my words. I simply show how deer and other breeds better survive and how they have healthier offspring. We can use this example for humans HOWEVER instead of killing them we sterilize those and stop the problem by eliminating any possible offspring that end up becoming a problem on society.

What do you think should the world start a sterilization program?

If morrons should be sterilized, you would be the perfect person to be the first, but still think this is a stupid idea

May i suggest you move to North Korea, or a place similar, where they would properly like your idea

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It's pretty repulsive that we've gotten to the point where it has to be explained to people why mandatory sterilizations are wrong. Eugenics was a horrible thing. Selective breeding laws are horrible. And "population control" is a pseudo-intellectual way of saying "making sure all of the people I don't accept die off". After all, nobody who makes those "population control" lists ever puts themselves or their loved ones on it.

I was looking for a word that best described my thoughts about this, and you hit on it with precision with the word "repulsive".

If we, as a nation, ever begin to wipe away people's constitutional rights like this, and begin to entertain the idea of such control over other people's lives, we will have become a nation of fascists no longer worth fighting for. The phrase "slippery slope" is sometimes overused and frivolously applied, but in this case it's essential. This it the MOTHER of slippery slopes.

ALL people have value. All humans bring something to the table. ALL Americans have protection under the constitution. We best keep it that way.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Should society consider mandatory sterilization? Is this the way to control population? Stop passing on genetic code that produces lower IQ people? Stop mental retard and other known diseases and illness that get passed onto their offspring?

Have you ever seen an entire family with mental illness and/or with a genetic disease that effects their lives so that they can not contribute to society? I have....and the numbers are outstanding..... and they continue to have more children.

Like Bill Burr says 80% of the worlds population should walk into the ocean - meaning dumb people keep making dumb children. Now this was HIS joke but if you closely look at it from a different angle WITHOUT killing off the population by having them walk into the ocean but instead use sterilization..... it makes sense. Those who are considered to have genetic defects that have offspring with low IQ's (under 70) and those who have gene defects would not be able to reproduce and could live out their life as they wish.

Not only should sterilization be considered, we should also consider the positive facts behind this idea. Controlling the population - this planet has too many humans on it. Control through sterilization. Next..... intelligence would rise dramatically maybe the first step in realizing wars can be stopped if people can sit around a table and talk like intelligent human beings but more importantly we would have healthy people who could stop from ever having the common cold or flu ever again? Rule out common illnesses and disease as they die off.... clean the genetic code.

Technology and science would faster expand making lives easier on this planet. Maybe closer to being able to feed and house everyone on this planet.... making poverty illegal.

As a licensed hunter in Europe we understand what it means by "thinning out the herd" and controlling wildlife by killing off the sick and weak animals so they don't mate with the strong and healthy animals. This DOES NOT mean we should kill off people so don't twist my words. I simply show how deer and other breeds better survive and how they have healthier offspring. We can use this example for humans HOWEVER instead of killing them we sterilize those and stop the problem by eliminating any possible offspring that end up becoming a problem on society.

If morrons should be sterilized, you would be the perfect person to be the first, but still think this is a stupid idea

May i suggest you move to North Korea, or a place similar, where they would properly like your idea

But what do you suggest then dealing with over population?

I dont see any better idea?

Choices to me are:

A) Do nothing and watch wars escalate, food shortages, pandemics and resources depletion.

B) Sterilization and controlled reproduction.

C) Extermination

link   

originally posted by: ShadowLink
Also, who gets to decide the criteria for this procedure?

Exactly. Right now we are only talking about the "dumb" people; the people on the lower end of the intelligence scale relative to everyone else. For argument's sake, let's say everyone with an IQ less than 70.

Let's also say it works, and the world is now rid of the vast majority of people with an IQ under 70. At that point, the people with an IQ less than 100 would be the "dumb" people on the lower end of the intelligence scale. Is it possible that they decide to sterilize THOSE people next? What if then the average "dumb" person has an IQ less than 130? Do the "smart" people (the decision makers of the world) then decide that those people with an IQ less than130 be sterilized?

Where does it end? Who decides?

On top of it all, who are we to say that a person with an IQ less than some number (70, as you said) do not contribute anything to society?

edit on 1/19/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: removed the "less than" sign; it was messing up the formatiing

link   
You know, some days I have a lot of hope for the human race..........then I come across something like this, and and I wonder why I even believe in my fellow human.

Sterilization.

Sure, why not? Easier to just keep people from having babies and children of their own.

Much easier that trying to find cures or fixes for genetic defects......that would be the hard thing to do. Easier to just keep 'em from being born.

Same thing for those who might have a lower intelligence level...instead of finding ways to boost those IQs, let's just keep them from reproducing.

Much easier!

Because we all know that those people have nothing to offer society.

Sorry, but all of you that are not smart, or may of had someone in your family line with a genetic problem of some sort, come forward please. Snip-snip. There you go, no children from you please because instead of using the mind set "All life is precious", we have decided that we hold the moral high ground, and that instead of trying to solve issues, find cures, etc, it's just easier to sterilize you.

We don't want your kind around.

smh....and walking away in disgust.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Who gets to decide who deserves to live or die? The government? Those awesome bureaucrats and the medical mafia/big pharma? yikes

I dont like either but dont see a better option.

And no one is deciding who lives and dies as no one is killing anyone.

Sterlization just means stoping some people from reproduceing not killing them.

And to decide?

Well that’s easy. Genetic tests are easy these days. Exclude anyone with hereditary conditions and only allow those who can afford to support a family without government assistance to reproduce.

O and I would be in the sterilized category as I have a genetic condition and would accept that.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It's disturbing to me to see how many people on this thread would support this. It saddens me to have lost so much respect for so many members today. I had no idea many of you were control freaks with superiority mentalities, ready to make such urgent decisions about other's lives with complete disregard for them as well as the constitution. As well as seeing posts from people I assumed were reasonably educated who as it turns out are quite ignorant. Ugh.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
It's disturbing to me to see how many people on this thread would support this. It saddens me to have lost so much respect for so many members today. I had no idea many of you were control freaks with superiority mentalities, ready to make such urgent decisions about other's lives with complete disregard for them as well as the constitution. As well as seeing posts from people I assumed were reasonably educated who as it turns out are quite ignorant. Ugh.

I hate the idea! And I would be first on the list for sterlization.

But I cant see any better option!

If there is one please enlighten us and tell me?

I can only see three choices:

A) Do nothing and watch wars escalate, food shortages, pandemics and resources depletion.

C) Extermination

None of them are applealing.

B seems the less of the evils.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Choices to me are:

C) Extermination

If that is your only choises, you have a problem. How about adding a
D) Any other idea, that might work

The main problem here is, Dictatorship! Everytime you say someone has to do what your decide, people will revolt - that is simple logic
The solution will be making a system where it doesnt matter what other people do, as long as it doesnt influence your life in a way you dont want to. So take responsibility of your life, doent blame others for whats wrong in YOUR life.
If you dont like people are stupid, and you are so much smarter, then educate them!!!
If we let society, and outside influence, DICTATE how our perfect life should be, we have a problem. Do you really want EVERYONE to be you??? instead adknowledge that we are not all the same, and we dont all want the same solutions - share your knowledge, instead of calling people dumb, some will learn, and maybe YOU will learn something to...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Choices to me are:

C) Extermination

D) Any other idea, that might work

Like?

Please tell us?

If you can find a D option let the world know! You would win a nobel prize.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Please stop comparing human lives to plants. Just stop.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I know right? They claim government is bad and that politicians are untrustworthy. Then they propose that some governing body decide who gets to have kids, families, and extend their bloodlines. And it's like they don't even think out how these plans would work in reality (as in, who specifically will go on that list). If they really believe this crap, then how can they claim any other government action is bad?

Them: Bernie sucks! His plan will just tax all his supporters into oblivion. Fools!

Me: So? You already want most of us to die off and/or not be able to have families. So why do you care if they tax my family too much? You don't even want us to exist.

Them: Oh great, another MIC war or crazy dictator killing his own people again!

Me: So? You already want most of the civilians in those countries to die off and/or not be able to have families. So why do you care if they get killed in a war instead of from your depopulation plan?

Them: So many of our troops died in Iraq! Then there was the Benghazi attack & the Paris terrorist attack!

Me: So? You already believe most of those people should die off and/or not have families. So why do you care if they get killed in wars or in terrorist attacks? Or does your list not include any of those people? And if any of those people from your list were just killed, are you still angry they were killed or are you relieved that they won't be able to populate any more?

link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Oh, I am very much a control freak with a superiority mentality, as much as I try to fight it. I am, however, also against eugenics, for a variety of reasons. Because it is pointless, for one. Not only is it laughably imprecise, the sheer truth of the matter is that mutations will once again show up regardless of what you try to do. Not to mention certain recessive traits that will be almost impossible to eliminate.

link   
a reply to: intrptr

No, nothing to do with "pure race" He had Arabs, Africans, Japanese in his army.. He wanted a "pure human"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join