It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 10 Young Students Strip-Searched in Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Do you all think it is correct to compare the police power that the state has over me to the power teachers hold over students in the classroom? I was trying to make that connection in my last post, but maybe it was lost in my rambling.

I admire the sword and abhor the need to use it.

Gastapo patch on ARM!
Beating stick in hand!
QUIT RESISTING!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
That is one of the resons that I posted this article up. The reaction of the school is so over the top that its hard to believe.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by IBM
Well the Police have their reasons. They followed what was in thier best judgement the correct course of action. What if one of the demons had a weapon? The police were properly checking in order to be prepared.

Um did you read th article? The cops did not search the students, the teachers did.

OMG
The so-called police officers let the teachers conduct the strip searches...for 10 fricken bucks !! The teachers and cops involved should be prosecuted, plain and simple. The person probably just lost the 10 bucks...

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Wait, who was the guy who was talking about columbine and guns? TEN DOLLARS! They weren't looking for guns, they were looking for a Alexander Hamilton, not for drugs, but for half a Andrew Jackson, they weren't looking for a knife, but twice that of Abraham Lincoln.

WTF? Now, if it was say, 17-18 year olds and someone in the class had just been stabbed and no one would fess up then maybe a strip search, but 10 dollars? Strange. Sounds like some of those teachers want to be catholic priests.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is un-freaking-believable

If that had have been one of my kids they would have had more then ten bucks to worry about. LEGAL? When is people forcing 11 year olds to strip legal? I wonder if they filmed it the freaking perverts

I am mad I will go now

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'd say it's intolerable, but then again, anything can be tolerated for the greater good right? That's the message we'll be hearing soon, maybe after the next false flag Columbine we'll all get the message and fall in line. I for one would have taken great offense if my child came home and relayed that story to me. I would be speaking to those teachers, and those cops, that night. My lawyer would be standing right beside me, polishing his teeth.

I want to believe that this sort of thing is isolated, but the truth is, since Columbine and before, children have been more like prisoners than students in their schools. The American education system has no right to suck as bad as it does, given the size, wealth, and (former)reputation of our country. I remember once in high school I found two fifty dollar bills on the floor of class. I took them, spent them, and the next day I found out that it belonged to the teacher. If she had tried to strip search us, or have the cops do it, there would have been a riot, plain and simple. One year, the school tried to stop some seniors from saying a prayer at graduation for their classmate who had died in a drunk driving accident. The administration thought it set a bad precedent. Well, when the students heard they weren't going to be allowed to do a tribute, they picked up chairs and desks and easels and bats and they trashed the lobby of the school, en masse. The tribute went ahead as planned.

So these cops and teachers are picking on a bunch of ten year olds, they are at least smart enough not to pick on someone their own size. The administration should be removed, the police should be assigned a desk and lots of tedious paperwork for the rest of their careers. I wouldn't be surprised if the cops or the teachers got beat down in the middle of the night, little pipe massage if you know what I'm sayin..Now I wouldn't do the beating mind you, but as Edward Abbey once said "I'd hold the flashlight."

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
OffTopic
WyrdeOne, sounds like you grew up in a pretty rough area like me heh. I remember in my last school, the only person the students were actually afraid of was the Hall Monitor who was this HUGE Black guy who also was a bouncer for the roughest nightclub in town(forget which one, think it got raided then shut down a while back) well him and the Science teacher...Yes the Science teacher he was this tiny chinese/japenese(half of each) guy who was a grandmaster or somthing in some martial art(s) and he always had all his awards(or pictures of them at home 2 many to bring to school it seems) displayed so no one screwed with him either but he was a cool guy.

Ontopic
WyrdeOne, Amuk totally agree with you.
I can't even believe why somebody is trying to connect this to columbine and crap...whatever....
10 year olds have rights too, believe it or not, like them or not they do.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
"Nobody objected to it. Most of the kids didn't mind because they wanted to get their name cleared,"

These kids knew what was going on it wasn't like they were forced to do it.

If I was a teacher and $10 was stolen of another student (of those ages) I wouldn't let them just walk out of the door. Schooling these days is to soft.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Th0rIf I was a teacher and $10 was stolen of another student (of those ages) I wouldn't let them just walk out of the door. Schooling these days is to soft.

Kids wont object because they don't know any better. I agree schooling is too soft, but strip searching for a $10 dollar bill that was missing? CHrist, whats next a cavity search for the chalkboard eraser?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Kids wont object because they don't know any better.

They are 11 and 12 christ there not stupid, well maybe they are....

Stealing is stealing $10 then $20 then $50 then a car

Altho the money was not found it may make them think twice about the action of stealing in the future.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
My son was in a situation like that a few years back when he was in 10 grade, the school managed to get three students searched, but when they asked my son to strip he straight forward told them that it was child molestation and they took him out of the room and did not search him at all.

When I went to the school and asked them what in the heck they were doing the principal told me that, the children in question had "records" and they were searching for drugs.

I asked them what my son had to do with all that and the principal told me that it was a mistake that he was in the same room with the other students.

Well I would have filed child molestation charges if my son had being stripped with the others.

And it was not police involve but just the teachers.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thor,

What if you were at work and someone misplaced say a 20. Would you find it acceptable if your manager lined all of you up and strip searched you down to your birthday suit? Would you find this acceptable? If no, how would you consider it acceptable for your children?

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
$20 is pety cash for a grown adult (most) I would find it offensive and uncalled for, I would say no and walk out...

As for children it is different and they need to be taught stealing is wrong at a young age, no money was found but the teachers must of thought one of the children had taken it, in the situation I think what they did was right.

Say if $2,000 was stolen I would participate in a 'strip search' to clear my name just as the children did.

If you were the teacher what would you have done?
"To bad jenny there are bad people and you should be more careful with your money"? Could be appropiate but different people have different methods.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
You have to use common sence and the children in question had no choice let alon a consciense desire to clear thier names. If I were the teeacher, would I subject my students to a strip search? Not at all. Keep an eye on things in the future yes, but without ANY evidence to point to a suspect what exactly could you do? Even if $2000 is missing and impromptu strip search without proof or cause is a violation of our constitutional rights

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The Bill of Rights:

Amendment IV.
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I would love to talk to the children that were searched to see if they think it is so outrageous as you do.

As I said different people different methods.

The children are 12 years old, old enough to use common sense and clear there name as they did. They don't care about silly rights and fine print, it was probably over in 5min and probably no permanent damage would result from it.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

They don't care about silly rights

So just because someone doesn't care about thier rights then rights should not apply? Is that what you are saying?

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r
The children are 12 years old, old enough to use common sense and clear there name as they did. They don't care about silly rights and fine print, it was probably over in 5min and probably no permanent damage would result from it.

No permanant damage? Forced to disrobe in front of a stranger? Regardless of their age and understanding of the "silly" rights, they are minors and it is our duty and obligation to make sure that their rights are espected untill they can come of age and interpret them on their own.

Different methods: Yes, the Gestapo, the KGB, et al used differnt methods, that did not make them right though.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
disrobe lol, what do they do when they go swimming or get changed for gym class, they weren't making them dance naked infront of them... Stop trying to make it look worse than it is.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Th0r
disrobe lol, what do they do when they go swimming or get changed for gym class, they weren't making them dance naked infront of them... Stop trying to make it look worse than it is.

This is a big differnece in changing for gym class and being told to strip down for an inspection. :shk:

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join