It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bear Gryll's Insane?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Come on, that dude stays in luxury hotels while his film crew builds his rafts for him.

When you're crossing through a body of water in the cold, it is actually best to strip down so that you have dry clothes to warm yourself up in when you get out of the water. If you go in fully dressed, not only will your clothing impede your movement, but you'll also be bloody cold when you get out of your little nature bath, and have nothing warm to pop into.

I think he eats those bugs for the camera, by the way.

His show isn't really about teaching people how to survive. It's about making money, and giving people entertainment and something to comment on from their sofas. If you eat a sandwich, nobody gives a rat's arse, but if you eat a live lizard? Wooooo

Sometimes, when I get banished from the town for lewd behaviour, I go out into the wild and live as a yeti for a while. Sometimes I'm joined by other reprobates, and not a one of use learned our bitchin' campfire talents from some dude named "Bear". If someone genuinely wants to learn about survivalism, they'll read a book, or talk to people who have survived.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join