It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids born into super wealth get free everything not just education and health care

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I can't be mad at anyone, some of us have, some of us have not.

Just tell 'em to keep away from my wine.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ya know someone once told me, to set a goal and then forget that goal it was not good enough I would never reach that goal unless I set my sights on a higher goal, then I may just reach that first goal.

Your personal happiness is where YOU choose it to be not where others tell you it is.

If you are in an Uncomfortable place look where you are, what tools can you get your hands on, and start climbing. It IS as simple as that.

When the tools are put down and you say your done, sorry to say others around you are also trying to climb and if you stay put they will eventually pass you, wait long enough and you will be back where you started, compared to everyone else. Even though you are higher up the mountain then when you began.

The neat thing about the mountain of life paradox is the summit has enough room for everyone, some people climb it and make it or make it for their kids, others get a hand up it. But no one but yourself can push you down it. The only reason you go down is perspective, or you do something stupid like trying to throw someone else off the mountain that never works. You will always be where you stop until you get to climbing again.

The Trick is not to try and follow the Jones's that mythical family that seems to have it all, yeah they got it all, A double mortgage, credit card debt flowing out of their ears included.

Either climb until you give up or make it, if you reach your personal goal on the mountain the carve you out a cave a Niche and enjoy the view.

Just because the summit keeps getting further away it does not mean to give up... and if your waiting for help up that mountain then you may be waiting a long time...

You see someone higher up on the mountain then you are, the question is not why are they so much better then you to be up there, the question you should be asking is how do you get there then finding a path to do it...

Something to chew on while enjoying a

CoBaZ

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The thing is, that people forget to be content with what they have, while striving for better. My wife and I currently live in my mother's basement, and are happy and content here. We know that when she is gone, we will need to look for other accomodations. We are considering a much smaller living space that will accomodate the two of us. We are on the downsides of our life, and have both enjoyed relative wealth, and abject poverty, you have to appreciated what you currently have.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
From what I can tell, both my parents were the brightest in their immediate family, started from the lower middle class, worked their way up the ladder and now have given me opportunities to step it up a notch. I don't see what's wrong here.

I grew up poor, then we moved to middle class neighborhoods, then upper middle class. I see how some might jump on the bandwagon of viewing your average "privileged" as having more opportunities outright, but what I've witnessed is that at the upper levels your connections is what matters, and those connections are a direct result of good behavior and character, among other things. You can't be the idiot son in charge and command respect from your subordinates. You'll lose the privileges over time and ruin whatever your family provides.

My parents didn't break the mold by complaining, or asking "why me"... they worked insane hours and out thought most of the people around them while keeping to good character. Why should their offspring not benefit from the good deeds?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: Xeven

At one point, an ancestor of those rich kids worked hard, saved money, and left a legacy for their children. This accumulates over generations. This is something anyone with half a brain can do.

Blame your own family, not someone else's.

Or they lied, cheated, stole or screwed over people for it.

Either way...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
How is that fair? It is not fair period.

What makes you think life is fair?

Perhaps their parents/grandparents/great grandparents worked very hard to build up the family, whilst yours did not work as hard and had different priorities.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

How do you balance the playing field? I was born to hard working but poor parents and got nothing except what I have earned. I had no chance against the Romney kids or Chelsea Clinton. They are born to life with EVERYTHING. How is that fair? It is not fair period.

Now what to do about it? I was born of this Earth, how come some rich kids can be born owning most of it without working a moment for it? This has gone on long enough.

I can kick many of there rear ends and take it back. Why is that not the law of the land and will it be again one day? I think it will if they keep letting it go this way. Maybe 20 years? Less?

Don't feel bad. I was born into a family that eventually became wealthy. Most of them VERY wealthy. I did not follow some directions and went off the beaten path a bit, and being financially challenged- at some points in my life I have had to literally beg for money that they would spend on a fancy lunch. One aunt is very helpful. But being born to it doesn't often make anything better. At times it can make it worse.

The wealthy will probably never allow what you ask.
edit on 18-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

How do you balance the playing field? I was born to hard working but poor parents and got nothing except what I have earned. I had no chance against the Romney kids or Chelsea Clinton. They are born to life with EVERYTHING. How is that fair? It is not fair period.

Now what to do about it? I was born of this Earth, how come some rich kids can be born owning most of it without working a moment for it? This has gone on long enough.

I can kick many of there rear ends and take it back. Why is that not the law of the land and will it be again one day? I think it will if they keep letting it go this way. Maybe 20 years? Less?

90% of the population of this planet look at YOU and think the same thing. Be careful what you ask for, US Welfare recipients rank in the top 15% of income earners in the world!

YOU are the entitled Rich SOB to the rest of the world

Hint: Someone is always going to "have more" than you. Wake Up, you are already in the Top Tier!

edit on 18-1-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

Perhaps their parents/grandparents/great grandparents worked very hard to build up the family, whilst yours did not work as hard and had different priorities.

If that is the attitude then might makes right brother.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Lots of modern wealth started in slave trade and work.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Chelsea Clinton. They are born to life with EVERYTHING. How is that fair? It is not fair period.

What about Chelsea Clinton's parents?

What about Bill Gates.

Sometimes people have a focus and work to make it become a reality.

Personally, I get really tired of the "why can't I have what they have".

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

You had no chance against them? I can tell you for a fact Bill Gates, Michael Jordan, and many others weren't born with a silver spoon. Here's a $2 Billionaire example, the CEO of Starbucks. He grew up in a housing project:

Growing up I always felt like I was living on the other side of the tracks. I knew the people on the other side had more resources, more money, happier families. And for some reason, I don’t know why or how, I wanted to climb over that fence and achieve something beyond what people were saying was possible. I may have a suit and tie on now but I know where I’m from and I know what it’s like."

Business Insider Humble Beginnings

Is it easier to start out with wealth and connections? Sure. Is it necessary? Absolutely not. I could have been a billionaire by now, I just honestly don't have the will to do what it takes. I do have the means (a functioning brain.) I have other interests which fast outweigh obnoxious amounts of money and/or power. At no point though, have I ever sold myself on the illusion that I couldn't do so if I wanted to because my parents didn't serve it to me on a platter.

There's plenty of examples of people who have become very successful - enough to prove it can be done. It sounds like you just want easy money like the priviliged few.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

And if that is the attitude, then good luck matching your might against theirs (keep in mind, they likely have more allies and better weapons.) This isn't 2nd grade, you don't just get to "beat 'em up and take their lunch money."

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

They certainly get to beat you up and take your lunch money.

This world is sick, and it's getting sicker. If things continue along the same path, eventually, violent revolution will take place. Whether or not it will be successful I cannot say, but it will happen.
This is a fact.
edit on 18/1/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

"Kids born into super wealth get free everything not just education and health care."

I would warn against getting jealous of rich kids. I'd love to be rich myself, make no mistake about that but we just have to accept that everyone is on a different path in life. Everyone of us is a work in progress otherwise we would not be here. Those kids were born into those families for a reason.

Here's a question for those of you who are less than middle aged.

Lets just suppose you had something good coming to you in this life and lets say we agreed that wining 10 - 20 mil was 'something good.'

Would you like that 'something good to still be in front of you or would you like it to be behind you?"

Think about that a bit before you answer.

eg,

I suppose this is all a bit easier for me because I happen to believe in re-incarnation and I take the view that perhaps I was wealthy in a previous life so I have nothing to complain about or perhaps I'll be wealthy in a future life so I've got something to look forward to.

edit on 19-1-2016 by Azureblue because: z

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

And if that is the attitude, then good luck matching your might against theirs (keep in mind, they likely have more allies and better weapons.) This isn't 2nd grade, you don't just get to "beat 'em up and take their lunch money."

The first wave will be about 7 billion against around 62 Families. Ill take those odds.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

In this special place, a secret place that most don't know about, there is this thing. It's called "opportunity". Since we all have the ability to find this place, and even have the ability to find the elusive "opportunity", it's hard to get too angry at the rich folk. Sure they have it easy. And if they lost it all, they wouldn't have a clue how to survive. But you do. I do. We know what it takes to get by. But.....if you pay attention, you realize your income is limited to how hard you are willing to work.

I don't mean hours and overtime shoveling concrete, or cutting grass. I mean working two jobs and going to school to educate yourself, then finding a better paying job and making the money you wish you had. It's hard to do. It's a lot to take on. But it's how those few, driven individuals get it done. They put themselves out there, work twice as hard as others, complain less than half as much as others, and believe they can make it happen. I admit, there aren't as many of them as there should be, but they exist.

So before you drink the hateoraid, think about your situation. Is there anything you could do to better yourself? I bet there is.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Meanwhile the other 7 billion will be killing each other for scraps and survival...

I find it ironic that you are lamenting about people born into entitlement, while advocating that you are yourself entitled to take from those people via force.

The first wave will be about 7 billion against around 62 Families. Ill take those odds.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join