It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Actors Call For Oscars Boycott Over Lack Of Diversity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
If I ever win the lottery I'm going to send a Participation Trophy to everyone in the United States. Then I will push for legislation to see that every newborn is awarded a Participation Trophy at birth.

Fixed it for y'all.

That is not specific to this. It is also lazy logic.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
It's ok, some can keep arguing that this is a 'look at me move' or 'some sort of tantrum' to make themselves feel better. I have no objection to people making themselves feel better.

12 flags and 6 apages? I would think this horrible attack would have ended sooner.
edit on 18-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
well.. they didn't get nominated so i suppose its no big deal if they dont rock up!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
There is still a problem with these awards, though.

Go with the People's Choice Awards then. Better? I care not when millionaires salute billionaires.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

Thanks!
I feel better about myself already.

Won't argue with you about Titanic. I loathed that movie. Several hours out of my life that I'll never get back. Since I'm not a Nicholsan fan, I can't say one way or another...

It's political, always has been.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

There is still a problem with these awards, though.

Go with the People's Choice Awards then. Better? I care not when millionaires salute billionaires.

I am commenting on the OP. So, I stay on the topic of these particular awards and what might be wrong. I will not move to a topic of some other awards.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

So this was just a game to you. Thanks for wasting all our time.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Pardon? I am staying with the OP. How do you see a game? This topic is most definitely not a game to me or taken lightly. I don;t understand you.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yes, but it should appeal to you. It's how I FEEL.

You've hurt my FEELING. And it's the only one I have.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Nicholson is an absolute hedonist, which I should logically loathe, BUT I happen to think he is fab.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Good for them.

They are voicing their opinion on a matter that is of concern to them. They do, after all, work in the industry, and should, one would suppose, know what's going on in it.

If they see something that is of concern to them, should they not say something?

This is not one whit different, save in scope, from the Civil Rights movement of the sixties. Agree with it, or not, they are right to voice concerns.

Good on them!!

That would only be true if someone could prove that black people are purposefully not nominated. How exactly would they "know" the industry is working against them? They have "their" own black skinned awards ceremony, so how many white people in the industry know whats going on about that?

The whole thing is ridiculous if you ask me. Is somehow a black person winning an award the only way to empower black youth these days? Sorry kids, your skin color dictates that you will amount to nothing unless we can prove that a black man can be elected president.

I nominate Obama for a Razzie.

edit on 18-1-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Were? It still is.

But do we need to find a nominee of minority status every year now out of respect to history without respecting the reason for the awards?

the Oscars is about popularity, the reasoning behind it left long ago. If it DID go out to those for it's original reason, then there would be more non white people getting awards.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I think Titanic deserved some awards, but not nearly all of the ones it got.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Pardon? I am staying with the OP. How do you see a game? This topic is most definitely not a game to me or taken lightly. I don;t understand you.

Your post:

12 flags and 6 apages? I would think this horrible attack would have ended sooner.

Agenda driven... agenda trampled. Sorry. See it as a victory if you like.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: Konduit

It's the old "Poor me! I didn't get picked because I'm Black"! song being played on an old broken record player.

Not surprised Spike Lee is behind this though.

No, it's not. That is offensive on so many levels.

The truth is often offensive, and yes, I already know.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Nicholson is an absolute hedonist, which I should logically loathe, BUT I happen to think he is fab.

The fact that Nicholson can be someone you loathe and still be good enough at roles that you forget about that when you watch is one of the reasons why he wins awards for his acting.

More actors should be like this.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I have to say, I think this is pretty ridiculous.

There are the BET awards, and the Miss Black America pageant who, by their very name and nature, prohibit white people from participating.

Why are these events allowed to exist in this day and age? And how many of these hypocrites will boycott them for a lack of racial diversity?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Accolades for tech? Okay.

I liked Dion's song. Okay.

Best Picture? I repeat - W T F, over . . .

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The fact that Nicholson can be someone you loathe and still be good enough at roles that you forget about that when you watch is one of the reasons why he wins awards for his acting.

More actors should be like this.

I couldn't agree more!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

That's part of the "not nearly all that it got."

They did some amazing work on the historic detailing and things like that.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join