It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US West Coast Earthquake Warning as Cascadia Subduction Zone Surges

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
www.superstation95.com...

An ocean data buoy is alerting to an "event" in the Cascadia Subduction Zone off the west coast of Oregon. This is where a magnitude 9 earthquake hit in 1700.

This means a Tectonic Plate in the Ocean named the "Juan de Fuca Plate" has made a sudden, eastward movement and slipped beneath another Tectonic Plate named the "North American Plate." This type of event is usually followed by a massive upward movement of the North American Plate causing a very severe earthquake.

This seems pretty concerning. With the slow rumble we've been having for weeks. TRUEAMERICAN please tell me you are around and can put my fears to rest!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fasteronfire

Hopefully not.
edit on 18-1-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
NO. Superstation 95 is the one with the article about a sieche wiping out parts of Buffalo, NY.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

No.

The article is accurate.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: fasteronfire

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean.

The source. It carries the story I mention on the front page. It is all made up. Some of their articles appear real, but a lot do not.

BIN has this up without a source, along with GLP and lunaticoutpost. No one else.
edit on 18-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The buoy in question registered a meter drop of water column over a minute, not the sea floor.

I don't feel like looking this one up…

NOAA

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

No.

The article is accurate.

I know the article I mentioned was all made up and the OP's article isn't looking good either.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'd recommend everyone in the area take this as an early warning and make sure they are prepared. Make sure to go over evacuation routes with your family and neighbors, that way if an event does occur you can immediately implement it. In a disaster like this the 9.0 Earthquake will be the least of your problems, the massive tsunami that follows it will be the real killer. What will decide who live and who dies will be location and how much time you have to get to high ground. As we saw in Japan in 2011 seconds count, so be prepared.

I highly recommend having a bug out bag, with every thing you will need to survive for at least 7 days. Depending on the amount of damage that is done, it may take that long for help to arrive. Plus given the time of year (winter) make plans for possibly spending those 7 days out doors or at least in an unheated building.

If this event does occur in winter it will kill even more people.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here's the information for station 46404 for that date.

www.ndbc.noaa.gov... it.

Here's a link to the relevant event.

www.ndbc.noaa.gov... h=01&endday=17&submit=Submit
edit on 18-1-2016 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oh good Christ on a Pogo Stick, you can't be serious.

IF anything dire was happening, water displacement would be much more evident & widespread than limited to one lone buoy. You also have to consider that the Cascadia region as a whole is more wired than a person on life support. I would see evidence via GEE. TrueAmerican, Puterman, Muzzy would see evidence via their softwares of choice, also & not stay quiet about it. This is just a hoaxer site preying on the naive & banking on them to not fact-check their crap.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I would expect to hear something about it from true American .... Hope everything is ok will check back later.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Comments I made when I saw a friend had posted this to FB:

A single buoy?

I'm going with telemetry error unless somethng else shows.

And

Also, you can't displace that amount of land and not have it displace en equal amoubt of water. This would cause a tsunami itself.

Look up underwater landsalides.

This was 4 hours ago now. Something would have shown and as another poster mentioned, several of the resident ATS quaketards would have posted by now had this been something of actual concern.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
These buoys are anchored with very long cables.
There has to be some slack..
When the wind shifts the buoys change their location by up to several hundred meters.

edit on 18-1-2016 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The pressure transducer is on the bottom that's how they measure the depth

a reply to: Slichter

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Oh good Christ on a Pogo Stick, you can't be serious.

IF anything dire was happening, water displacement would be much more evident & widespread than limited to one lone buoy. You also have to consider that the Cascadia region as a whole is more wired than a person on life support. I would see evidence via GEE. TrueAmerican, Puterman, Muzzy would see evidence via their softwares of choice, also & not stay quiet about it. This is just a hoaxer site preying on the naive & banking on them to not fact-check their crap.

Yep. There would be more sources and also members here that follow these things and read them accurately. And I love the phrase you use.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

"The density of seawater at the surface of the ocean varies from 1,020 to 1,029 kilograms per cubic meter."

Wouldn't take much to create a .00037 error with a pressure transducer.

Do they correct for Barometric pressure?

I've seen all kinds of anomalies with these buoys so waiting for some corroborating sources.

edit on 18-1-2016 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Just on a sidenote, superstation95 also has a story about masturbation booths being set up on NY City streets, dated 16 January 2016.
Link: Masterbation Booths

A little research returned this from Snopes:

ORIGIN:In January 2016, a photograph purportedly showing an officially sanctioned New York City public masturbation booth called "GuyFi" started circulating around the internet:

While the above-displayed image is real, this isn't truly an officially sanctioned "public masturbation booth" that was installed by New York City. The "GuyFi" booth is a marketing gimmick for an adult sex toy company called Hot Octopuss.
Link: Snopes

Whether the quake story is honest or not, that kinda rips away value of the source site.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

KOIN channel 6 out of Portland just spoke about it and it is a hoax.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The ocean moves after the earthquake doesn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join