It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Iran Nuclear Deal----- A Safer World, or The Grand Appeasement!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's a good thing we have Israel in the mix out there. I'd hate to think of what this all important region would be like without them. I hope you try to think about that as well!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: kendix1960

What have they done to improve the situation?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

They maintain their existence.

That alone is worth it's weight in gold !!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Where have you been? It's your prerogative to live in an "Alice in Wonderland" world if you wish. I choose to to live in the real world.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Killed hundreds of women and children, blew up some hospitals and schools and radicalized a new generation of future...oh wait.. they haven't helped the situation. At least they let women drive though.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Of course Isis is the present and more immediate threat, but I'd sure hate to see a nuclear armed Iran down the road even though they, too, are fighting Isis now! A decade goes by faster than you may realize, and, frankly, I think Iran will be a nuclear power long before that given this pathetic so called deal!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Their existence is not in danger, it usually isn't when you are doing nothing but expanding.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

How about the option of leaving the sanctions intact and forcing Iran to make a better deal in the first place while we could still operate from a position of strength? All that has happened is that a very tangled web has been weaved.

So wait, your idea was to continually hold out on them until everybody got 100% of what they wanted?

Does anybody know what diplomacy is in the 21st century?

That was a good deal, if you consider the alternatives in place at this time. No giant weave has been tangled. Iran either complies or it doesn't.

Besides most of the sanctions don't get lifted for, wait for it:

TEN WHOLE YEARS.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Safer world for who? The United States disarms the countries they intend to conquer, they dunnit to Iraq, Libya and Syria.

Drawing the individual nations into private talks, bypassing the UN, securing "agreements" , when really the US has no business making demands of other sovereign nations no matter how evil a picture has been painted of them in World News.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You really don't think that the exportation of terrorism by Iran to surrogate groups like Hamas thereby increasing the threats against Israel is not ultimately going to be a serious regional issue for the United States sooner or later?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
You are not a nice person Sremmos80

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I hope you try to think about that as well!

I've been thinking about that for the last 30 or so years , my view of Israel is very different to yours.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kendix1960

We need Saudi Arabia as a coalition Partner against Isis right now as well as a buffer against Iran. They are a bad player, I agree, but we have to be careful not to shoot ourselves in the foot by alienating the Saudis when we still need a Sunni Muslim coalition to oppose the Radical Islamic Terrorists. BTW, Why can't Obama or Hillary utter those words?

Saudi Arabia has less than 2% of all Muslims in the world. And that number includes a relatively large Shiite minority. If we're really trying to have a "Sunni coalition", Indonesia would be a far better partner since it has roughly 10 times as many Muslims as Saudi Arabia. In fact, even Ethiopia has the same or slightly more Muslims than Saudi Arabia. So who are the Saudis to "lead" such a coalition?

However, the West isn't trying to have a "Sunni coalition" against extremists. Nearly all of those extremists are Wahhabi-Kharijites & Wahhabi-Salafis, just like Qatar and Saudi Arabia's majority. And the #1 victims for those extremists are other Muslims. The Saudi government is officially against those extremists, but the powerbrokers in Saudi Arabia & Qatar support them. Hence the widespread distrust for them.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Trust Iran?? You really have to be kidding! Just look at their history. I don't want to wait until they CAN actually do the harm they intend before trying to prevent same and this "deal" just isn't going to do it. In fact the agreement as negotiated makes an eventual nuclear armed Iran much more likely. You don't successfully resolve any issue by giving the store away to the other side. As a personal injury trial attorney for 44 years, I learned something about the process of negotiation for my clients, and I sure didn't negotiate settlements for any of them like Mr.Kerry and Mrs. Clinton negotiated this deal for the West and for the U.S.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Those peoples that are NOT with the ideals and social values of America DO NOT need encouragement or HELP to make nuclear weapons. The ideals and social values of some countries are a concern to all. Europe,germany,U.S.A, Austrialia, Canada, India, Russia, Italy, France, GEE I could name so many more that go against the Muslim ideals and cultural ways. GEE, I wonkder WHY. They have be fighting for thousands and thousands of years for their cultural views. SO TELL ME, did you get ANY progress towards PEACE ?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I can almost taste the fear....right through the interwebs.
2nd.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Sounds more like a neo-con/war-hawk talking point to me .

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Not only has Obama turned his back on the only democratic buffer nation in the M.E. and increased the real existential threat against them

Democratic buffer ? , guess that's one way to put it.
I welcome the deal but then I have no dog in the fight.

I had to laugh at that
If anything, Iran is streets ahead of the Saudis as far as 'Democracy' is concerned ...relatively speaking of course. I have to laugh too at the way the word, 'Democracy' is bandied about by the righteous almost as if it were a religion in itself, when in truth, the word is but relative, as is the comfort zone of the various religions all having the one true 'God' or the one true Messiah.
As for state terrorism, they are all good at that, Democratic or otherwise...relatively speaking.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Until those sick ideals and cultural ways change , I see NO Advancement towards a society that supports that way of lifestyle. It did NOT work then and it WILL NOT work now. They have been fighting for thousands of years. Talk about thick headed. IT DOESN'T WORK PEOPLE, GIVE IT UP. It's Pathetic. No wonder so many other countries don't like you. DO YOU SEE A TREND HERE. FK.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Sorry. I'm neither conservative nor liberal. Neither Democrat or Republican. Just a concerned American who trusts political labels and broad generalizations even less than I trust the republic of Iran!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join