It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big banks are cringing as crude oil is crumbling

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Oil needs to collapse.

What WHAT did I just say you ask?

Think about it - what funds Saudi Arabia and all of it's interfering little plans around the world? What mostly funds ISIS?

Yep.... oil.

Take it's value away and the terrorists will starve. Think I've gone completely mad? ISIS has cut fighters salaries in half due to financial hardship Guess they are not making that million dollars a day since Russia bombed the crap out of their tanker convoys and the stuff is nearly worthless if you have to sell it for far less than the going rate.

do you want another depression? oil provides work for millions of canadians and americans also, not just isis.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I hope a barrel of oil costs less than a gallon of milk some day. Even then we will still be paying an arm and leg at the pump though. While the price of gas has come down some (it's around $2 a gallon where I live) it hasn't dropped proportionally with the price of a barrel of oil.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Here comes another trillion dollar bailout. Time for some record bonuses.

No way. The American people will never submit to this.

Of course that is stipulated as to whether or not there is another super-secret, closed-door session to extort Congress.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Soon it will be cheaper for oil companies to leave it in the ground rather than refine and sell.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

We don't need to "submit" to another trillion dollar bailout. The government can borrow all the money it wants and add it to the public debt despite however much the people rage and scream against it.

The only way to stop them would be with another American Revolution. With guillotines and mass beheadings of politicians just like the French did theirs.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
I read an article today where they said the barrel cost more than the oil in it. Times they are a changing.

edit on 20-1-2016 by Tarzan the apeman. because: Spelled today wrong......forgive me.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I read an article today where they said the barrel cost more than the oil in it. Times they are a changing.

well that really puts the banks over a barrel doesn't it

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: MOMof3
Of course they are working up to bailout why let it leak out otherwise. Do colleges make financiers dumb or do they become so blinded by greed?

The highly educated are the very ones that have caused all the financial collapses.

The average grade school dropouts had nothing to do with those.

The poorly educated have caused several financial collapses throughout history. Up to and including 2008, by the time the ordinary people who are usually among the below average started investing, they were doing so on toxic assets. If the average person had never invested in the housing crisis and taken out loans, in particular the subprime loans there never would have been a problem.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

What's next if oil goes to $10 ???

Invest heavily in comfortable walking shoes!!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

What's next if oil goes to $10 ???

Invest heavily in comfortable walking shoes!!

Or running shoes !!!

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

? What ?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: peskyhumans
I hope a barrel of oil costs less than a gallon of milk some day. Even then we will still be paying an arm and leg at the pump though. While the price of gas has come down some (it's around $2 a gallon where I live) it hasn't dropped proportionally with the price of a barrel of oil.

Be careful what you wish for. With the costs of food going up as they have been your wish can easily be taken to mean "I hope a gallon of milk costs $100".

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
yes, right now oil is close enough to 25 dollars, it could reach right down and spike it......

how do the fed announcers keep the frightened look off their face.....??

edit on 20-1-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY
Oh their nervous.

On another thread I just post about how on the local news cast the report was telling everyone to keep ther money in the market despite economic woes, and I quote, "because your in it for the long haul".

What a joke, and not good. The typical person might not notice but I sure did.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

On another thread I just post about how on the local news cast the report was telling everyone to keep ther money in the market despite economic woes, and I quote, "because your in it for the long haul".

A long haul to the poor house.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Makes me wonder if the banks will be assimilating clients funds ?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: asmall89
Seems like just what Saudi Arabia wanted. Keep production high despite an oil glut. Crash the price of oil so shale companies in the US go broke. Goodbye competition.

We really shouldn't be allies with them anymore.

Guess who just arrived in Europe :

First US crude shipment arrives in Europe

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
No more enslavement thru currency!
Every one is equal if everything is free!
Free for all.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Grow a garden instead of war.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Such a shame, maybe we should start a GoFundMe page for those poor bankers. Sorry did I say GoFundMe?I meant GoF**kYourself page.

It's ok though, a good old fashioned war will send oil prices soaring soon enough...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join