It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A big beautiful door in that BIG wall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Build a wall around Trump.

And make him pay for it.

Thats a wall not just Mexcio but the whole world would help pay for

edit on 18-1-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So you assume all of them were here legally? Funny how any Mexican in the U.S. is automatically assumed to be illegal yet here you are saying otherwise. Deny ignorance?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

How can anybody actually count "illegal" immigrants?

They Haff no papazz.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So what are you saying, legal U.S. citizens or Mexicans with work visas are leaving the U.S.? How do they know if they illegal? They just ask.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Sure.

Like the "illegals" actually cross at border checkpoints.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What are you talking about? The Mexicans leaving the U.S. are illegal, but their children who were born are citizens. So there ya go, some are indeed legal but probably not old enough to work.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Ever see Food, Inc.?

About halfway into here they show how immigration and corporations 'cover' for each other…

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You guys already know that there is a wall, right? 2000 miles of border that need to be shored up. The Secure Fence Act of 2006 set aside the money for it and it is more than half completed. It is almost half way completed.

It was estimated that 6 billion was needed for the project. How about we just stop aid to Afghanistan for 1 year and it pays for itself. Cut off Egypt and hire a billion dollars worth of border agents.

Or stop illegal immigration in Texas alone to pay for it

The Texas State Comptroller reported in 2006 that the 1.4 million illegal immigrants in Texas alone added almost $18 billion to the state's budget, and paid $1.2 billion in state services they used

18 billion dollars? They could build 3 fences...

The money is already there and being used for things that are not hurting our country.

As far as issues. Illegal immigration is a BIG deal. Sorry if you do not think so but it was not Trump that put the ides on my head.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You guys already know that there is a wall, right?

Yepp, and you already know that it doesn't work, right?

I do agree with you about cutting foreign aid, but lets use that money elsewhere not on a wall that will just fail.
Oh and Trump wants mexico to pay for it, and the he is going to make them.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

18 billion dollars? They could build 3 fences...

No

Building a wall that would cover the rest would cost between 25 to 35 billion with an additional billion every year just to maintain it. Add another 5 billion a year to pay for the additional people to guard it.

But, that is just for the same crappy wall that is already there and doesn't stop them.

The wall is stupid and worthless it would only stop people that can't climb or dig.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
No wall. Mexicans come here to work their butts off. Drive through your city. If it's like mine you will see them cleaning lawns, installing new roofs, building houses and commercial buildings, resurfacing roads, and they are waiters and cooks in my favorite restaurants. They help us more than they hurt us.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Where are you getting those numbers?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Oh, you want a link. I didn't see post any for your quoted material so I didn't think you cared.

Here is a link

One more thing, Trump claims he would make Mexico foot the bill, but they aren't idiots.

We only give them about 233 million a year and part of that funds border security of all things.

Let Trump cut it and see what happens.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I just asked for a link. I wanted to see where you were getting the numbers. Mine came from the GAO site that discussed the Act and how the funds were misappropriated.

The summary of a life-cycle cost study prepared by a contractor for CBP
shows that total life-cycle costs for all tactical infrastructure constructed
to date, including pre-SBI infrastructure as well as that planned for fiscal
years 2009, 2010, and 2011, are estimated at about $6.5 billion. The lifecycle
cost estimates include deployment and operations and future
maintenance costs for all tactical infrastructure, including the fence,
roads, and lighting, among other things. Previously, CBP had reported that
the fence is to have a lifespan of approximately 20 years, and plans to
obligate $75 million to operations and maintenance of the fence for fiscal
year 2009, and again requested $75 million for fiscal year 2010. A
significant use of the operations and maintenance funding is to repair
breaches in the fence. According to tactical infrastructure program office
data, as of May 14, 2009, there had been 3,363 breaches in the fence, with
each breach costing an average of $1,300 to repair. Because of its
construction, the older pre-SBI fencing is easier to breach and most
breaches occurred in these types of fencing. Of the newer fencing, the
fewest breaches occurred in the bollard-style fencing, while more
occurred in the wire mesh fence

Link

75 million a year to support not a billion....

Then there is Obama who said it is completed already...

link

but not to the standards of the act.

DHS reports that there is now fencing for 649 of the 652 miles described in the Secure Fence Act of 2006. But the vast majority of the requirement was met with vehicle barriers and single-layer pedestrian fence. The original act specifically called for double-layer fencing, and only 36.3 miles of double-layered fencing currently exist. However, the act was later amended to allow Border Security the discretion to determine which type of fencing was appropriate for different areas.

So Obama can make a case that the vehicle barriers and single-layer pedestrian fences meet the amended letter of the law. But we also think Obama misleads, particularly when he mocks Republican opponents, saying that even though the fence has been built, "They'll want want a higher fence. Maybe they’ll need a moat. Maybe they want alligators in the moat." The Border Patrol has not gone "above and beyond" what Republicans requested, as Obama claimed. What they originally requested was a double-layer fence, and they didn't get much of it. And so we rate Obama's statement Barely True.

As far as manning the border these are job opportunities that then in turn create more economic growth and even 'taxes'. ICS needs more funding as it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I wanted to see where you were getting the numbers. Mine came from the GAO site that discussed the Act and how the funds were misappropriated.

Well that would explain it then. If you noticed my link also uses the 2009 GAO numbers, but goes much further to estimate today's costs.

75 million a year to support not a billion....

That is for what already exists another 1300 miles would cost more as linked.

As far as manning the border these are job opportunities that then in turn create more economic growth and even 'taxes'. ICS needs more funding as it is.

Bigger government paid for by TAXES. Tax the pay paid for by taxes I am surprised that I need to point that flaw out to you.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It is not about bigger government it is about needed government. If we are paying federal employees the taxes stay here. If we are simply paying out benefits to illegals with tax payer funds it is putting us farther in the hole.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah, but think of the "shovel ready jobs"! Real ones! Not those "FAUX" ones Obama advertised about

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
"If we don’t have borders, we don’t have a country. We need to BUILD A WALL that will keep illegal immigrants out."

www.youtube.com...

This is a great video that is directly from his book. He is not against immigration or Mexico. He said build a wall to stop illegal immigration and why not. This is not just about illegal immigration but drugs and illegal arms shipments and other types of smuggling that needs to be stopped. We need to get ICE the resources they need.

Treating people fairly? Did he just say that...yes, he was right about immigration and it is a hot topic.

Why should there not be a wall and why do voters think we could not build it?

Well; I'm not American so its easier for me but I will suggest that things are they way they are because somebody with a lot of power wants them that way.

See, in politics or govt, nothing ever happens by accident, they cant afford that; so they take extensive measures to know what the implication of any given act or omission is long before the decision is made.

Govt has access to the best brains, resources and information there is.

This means they have the best people to ask and answer all the 'what if' questions there is to ask. They have all the best people around them to analysis everything and ask all these what if questions that comes out of the analysis.

Hopefully you can now see that if there is no border wall, its because somebody didn't want one there years ago. Its not like they were unaware of what would happen if there was no wall in 3 years 5 years 10 years time.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: crazyewok

Yeah, but think of the "shovel ready jobs"! Real ones! Not those "FAUX" ones Obama advertised about

But that just covers the unemployment.

The USA tax payer is still paying for that wall and it the US tax money that wll pay those wages.

All you are doing is creating busy work. But nothing of use is actually being created.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Clearly they need to consider NAFTA in this project.

1. use Mexican workers and materials delivered to the wall sight from the South.

2. use u.s H2B visa guest workers on the North side of the project.

3. use Canadian management teams as administrators and supervisors.

that about covers it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join