It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Is Really Unpopular With General Election Voters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Lol, according to the chart you showed the only one with a chance is Kasich, which is a load of bull.

Well that is a chart showing the overall favorability of Republican candidates across the full political spectrum of the country. I guess Kaisch is the most palatable to the non-conservatives among the bunch. Hard to argue with numbers, though I see they can make you angry.

Just recall back to a moment after 9/11, when Hillary went to the podium at a NY baseball stadium that was packed. She got booed off the stage when real people instead of handpicked lackys were making up an audience.

There aren't enough diehard commies in this country for Bernie to be a factor, he is the handpicked easy opponent for Hillary so she doesn't get upstaged by another Obama coming out of nowhere.

Your opinion of her or people's opinions of her from 2001 doesn't trump the hard numbers that say that Bernie and Hillary have more support than Trump. Bernie especially.

Way to use an (outdated) anecdote to try to overcome hard polling data though. 2001 was 15 years ago now. Almost a whole generation of voters has come of age since then.

Trump will bulldoze her like a new plot of real estate.

Unlikely, though I see you aren't letting reality get in the way of your cult of personality. Gotta keep the lie alive right?
edit on 18-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
What I take most from this is the statement that Bernie the "unelectable" is the ONLY one with a net positive.

- Feel the Bern!!!

you know there is hemorrhoid cream for that bern. It's called logic you apply it directly to the fantastic claims old bernie has made and watch as the bern simply vanishes.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Lol, according to the chart you showed the only one with a chance is Kasich, which is a load of bull.

Well that is a chart showing the overall favorability of Republican candidates across the full political spectrum of the country. I guess Kaisch is the most palatable to the non-conservatives among the bunch. Hard to argue with numbers, though I see they can make you angry.

Just recall back to a moment after 9/11, when Hillary went to the podium at a NY baseball stadium that was packed. She got booed off the stage when real people instead of handpicked lackys were making up an audience.

There aren't enough diehard commies in this country for Bernie to be a factor, he is the handpicked easy opponent for Hillary so she doesn't get upstaged by another Obama coming out of nowhere.

Your opinion of here doesn't trump the hard numbers that say that Bernie and Hillary have more support than Trump. Bernie especially.

Trump will bulldoze her like a new plot of real estate.

Unlikely, though I see you aren't letting reality get in the way of your cult of personality.

Reality is a junior Senator out of nowhere upstaged Hillary and stole the podium from her last time around. She is unelectable. She is so unelectable that a nobody like Bernie shows well in her Party. The fix is in for her to win her Party's nomination but in the General election she is going to make the Democrat Party look like they disappeared. Trumps landslide will leave her with no protection from all the shady stuff she is being investigated for. She may have to bow out to save her hide from going to the slammer when she gets the real numbers during the general election run.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

What are you basing this opinion on exactly? Personal anecdotes of course, because the numbers say differently. It's likely this "silent majority" Trump supporters are all going on about are likely silent because they wouldn't mind supporting Hillary if push came to shove but are afraid to speak out about it.

I mean she CLEARLY has support. SOMEONE is supporting her. So pretending like she has no support is just dumb and naive. There are literally zero numbers you can post showing that Trump would fare better than Hillary.

And I'm saying all this as someone who doesn't like Hillary either. You are literally deluded yourself with your posts here. Choosing to ignore raw data and substituting anecdote instead. I mean, there isn't much I'll say to you to get you to change your mind if actual numbers and evidence do little to sway your opinion. So go on and keep believing the lie. Though keep in mind, you are only setting yourself up for disappointment. I wonder if you'll rationalize that as corruption in politics though despite me telling you back in January to expect this result...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What are you basing this opinion on exactly? Personal anecdotes of course, because the numbers say differently. It's likely this "silent majority" Trump supporters are all going on about are likely silent because they wouldn't mind supporting Hillary if push came to shove but are afraid to speak out about it.

I mean she CLEARLY has support. SOMEONE is supporting her. So pretending like she has no support is just dumb and naive. There are literally zero numbers you can post showing that Trump would fare better than Hillary.

And I'm saying all this as someone who doesn't like Hillary either. You are literally deluded yourself with your posts here. Choosing to ignore raw data and substituting anecdote instead. I mean, there isn't much I'll say to you to get you to change your mind if actual numbers and evidence do little to sway your opinion. So go on and keep believing the lie. Though keep in mind, you are only setting yourself up for disappointment. I wonder if you'll rationalize that as corruption in politics though despite me telling you back in January to expect this result...

The one executive office she held, she got Americans killed. Her reaction was pure arrogance, something along the lines of don't dwell on the past, people despise her far more than a figure like Trump. If she was so greatly admired she would have been President eight years ago. Trump has alluded to these facts, and has stated more or less that it inspires him to run.

In the general election voters will see, Trump wants to make the country great again, Hillary wants to make her Clinton Foundations great again. The makings of a landslide.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The one executive office she held, she got Americans killed. Her reaction was pure arrogance, something along the lines of don't dwell on the past, people despise her far more than a figure like Trump. If she was so greatly admired she would have been President eight years ago. Trump has alluded to these facts, and has stated more or less that it inspires him to run.

So then it should make you REALLY question Trump's rhetoric if the public can find her more palatable than Trump after the things you said, because that is what the numbers are showing.

In the general election voters will see, Trump wants to make the country great again, Hillary wants to make her Clinton Foundations great again. The makings of a landslide.

Political rhetoric like this isn't going to sway people's opinions. It's only going to further convince YOU that you are right. The facts aren't on your side no matter how much you want to character assassinate Hillary. You can try to paint her as the devil, but at the end of the day, she STILL has more support than Trump. Much of which would be protest votes AGAINST Trump. I know I'd protest vote for Hillary over Trump.

PS: "Make America Great Again" is the most empty political rhetoric I've ever heard. It's right up there with "hope and change" and anyone repeating it tells me that they would have been equally fooled by H&C back in 2008 if they were a democrat. In other words repeating it like it is a factual statement or is a matter of policy is the mark of the gullible.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
These numbers come from,

Source: Huffington Post Pollster

These same numbers show Trump the least liked by Republicans, yet he is winning in the real world.

Those numbers and charts are the real wishful thinking that you have latched onto, with no association with reality.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Trump couldn't even win the ats poll agains Bernie....a site leaning so right its about to fall down.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Moderates win elections, as much as I hate to admit it. Hillary Clinton is still VERY popular amongst the general population that are not glued to Fox News or Breitbart.

ATS is a bubble where Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders are the front runners.

In the real world it's still Clinton and Bush or Kasich

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If Donald Trump is so unpopular with views , THEN WHY IS HE LEADING IN THE POLES. HELLO.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Fine. Prove me wrong with your own numbers. Let's see them. You keep refuting and challenging my numbers, well produce some of your own. Otherwise I'm just going to chalk all your words up to denialism.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
In the real world it's still Clinton and Bush or Kasich

It's actually something like Clinton vs Rubio/Cruz, but that demographic is switching to Clinton/Sanders vs Rubio/Cruz. Bush is pretty much hanging on by the skin of his teeth at this point and Kaisch is a non-factor.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: operayt
If Donald Trump is so unpopular with views , THEN WHY IS HE LEADING IN THE POLES. HELLO.

Polls among Republicans/Conservatives isn't the same as national polling among the general electorate. You might do well to learn the difference before making posts like this mr. caps lock. Hi.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How can there be so many BIAS people against Trump on A.T.S ? That in itself, raises RED FLAGS.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Only in the GOP polls and just barely ahead of Cruz. TRUMP won't get the nomination. Goodbye!!

edit on 18-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Go vote for a mulsim in office and just like all the other countries see all the chaos this produces. So, you want violence in America ?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

How can there be so many BIAS people against Trump on A.T.S ? That in itself, raises RED FLAGS.

Because it's an open forum? I wasn't aware there was a restriction where only Trump supporters were allowed to join this forum...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I've been saying it for years. Centrists make the difference in elections and Trump has zero shot at the Centrists.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If Trump Does NOT win , then all bets are off and America will be ready to be flushed, DOWN THE DRAIN.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Far right rhetoric only works in Republican primaries. It shores up their extreme right wing base, who is most likely to vote in those primaries. But it fails miserably in general elections because the majority of Americans aren't right wing. Even Dubya had to promote himself as a "compassionate conservative" with a "humble" foreign policy just to barely win in 2000.

Trump is probably the worse example of this. There's simply no way to pivot his positions into something that moderates and left wingers will support. If I'm not mistaken, Hispanic Americans make up the largest minority group in America now. Yet Trump burned a bridge with them and powerful Hispanic business leaders with his campaign's opening speech! The examples are too numerous to list, but I'm sure you get the point.

The right wing is going to be in for a rude awakening if they nominate Trump. They'll continue to ignore anyone who tells them differently from what their right wing media tells them, then they'll be blindsided when they get trounced in the general election. That's exactly what happened in 2012 when they got blindsided by Romney's blowout loss, even though nearly every non-right wing media poll predicted that outcome.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join