It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Is Really Unpopular With General Election Voters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

edit on 1jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

a reply to: UnBreakable

If that is true than Donald Trump will have played most of the American conservative base for fools.

The last two presidents played their supporters for fools, IMO.

The last two Presidents won their elections doing it though. Trump would be doing it an losing.

Kinda like Gore won the popular vote in 2000 which wasn't following the TPTB agenda, so they coronated Bush using an antiquated electoral college system and a friendly Supreme Court judge.

Off-topic, but the election chaos in 2000 and 2004 brought about election reforms that have made the system less-secure and put state voter registration lists on centralized databases (in most states) -- including Florida and Ohio.

In Ohio, that voter registration database is the very one breached to smear Joe the Plumber on his child-support record. So it's certainly not safe from being exploited to smear political enemies during election season.

Perhaps Gore and Bush (and Kerry) are all players on the same team for TPTB?

My point exactly. Clinton joins Gore, Bush, Kerry, etc. on that list. They're all members of the same team which is the CFR (Council on Foreign Relations) which is the public face of TPTB. There is a good book called "Shadows of Power:The Council on Foreign Relations and the American Decline" by James Perloff which explains all this. Excellent read.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Keep on believing this. The numbers say that you are wrong. If there is a "silent" anything, they don't number enough to overcome the left and independent's severe dislike of him. So you are only setting yourself up for failure by rationalizing away hard evidence like this.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I will check it out!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The Status Quo needs to be challenged, and the Ds and Rs in power are scared of him.

The status quo??....the military industrial complex with all the big guns, the banks, the corporate elite, CFR, Scull and Bones, are afraid of the Donald....??? don't be silly!

Trump could very well be a Trojan horse leading the proletariat into slavery for the powers that be....don't trust anyone in politics and make no mistake...Trump is in bed with plenty of politicians and his mantra of "I'm not a politician but a business man" is pure BS.

edit on 18-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I don't know what balance he is tilting, but he does upset a lot of people. So did Obama, Bush, McCain, Palin, Romney, and Kerry.

Everyone always hates the candidates they don't support.

I guess 'my candidate' is the kind who would rather listen to, reach out to, and lead as many people as s/he can in the U.S., than divide and polarize them at every opportunity.

Of course, my candidate doesn't exist though.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I try not to let the fact that I'm not voting for someone sway my opinions of them. Because of this, I've come up with a list of people I'd vote for in descending order: Sanders, Rubio, Clinton, Carson, Cruz, all other nominees except Trump. Trump doesn't make that list though.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

who reports the polls ??? thats a laugh considering everthing is controlled media included. i say however uninformed and stupid he sounds the fact that niether side likes him is a
PLUS. YES LETS TRUST THE POLLS!!!! GIVEN BY THE MEDIA???

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I can see another senario that Trump might play.....

He will become much less strident, more moderate, and advocate the decriminalization of weed, universal healthcare, one page tax return; in fact become much more progressive, now that he has the pissed off middle in his political pocket.

nah...I'm just fantasizing.

edit on 18-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carmilly123

Election polling is a science. It actually gets more and more accurate the closer you get to the election time. Naturally, there are exceptions, but there is a reason even Trump is obsessed with his polling numbers.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That would be odd. A complete change of tactics to the exact opposite of what he's been shoveling for the last year. Lol.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I am just curious about how someone polls in the negative?

It's a favorability rating and not a polling number. When asking people if they approve or disapprove of Trump, more people said they disapproved. Then you subtract the disapproved from the approved and you wind up with a negative number.

Ah.. That makes sense.

Those numbers are pretty much what I thought they would be. Not once have I thought Trump had a chance at winning the election. He does have a chance at the parties nomination, but for the presidency there is no chance at all.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Yea. The only people saying that are Trump supporters. The rest of the nation have all steadfastly said they can't stand the man. But apparently there is this "silent" group of Trump supporters who are going to vote for him. Though for the life of me, I can't think of a Trump supporter and the word "silent" in the same sentence.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That would be odd. A complete change of tactics to the exact opposite of what he's been shoveling for the last year. Lol.

The election's are a long way off and if Trump is an actual serious candidate; he knows full well this "tough guy" persona is a losing proposition.

If he does change, I'm gonna have to shave my head and eat my shoes....I made a bet!

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Well if Trump gets the nomination and DOESN'T change his rhetoric, expect the most lop-sided election ever. It would be so bad that the media would regret not having focused more on the true contest of nominees between Sanders and Clinton back at the beginning of the year.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I wonder if their so-called silent group are registered voters or just delusional hopes.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I'm pretty sure they are delusional hopes and a way for the brainwashed to continue to believe the lie. Trump support is almost religious in its devotion.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

In theory you’re right. Trump has too many people and groups that hate him. Hate him a lot.
Latinos, Middle Easterners, and I would imagine other immigrant groups probably fear him thinking they may be next.

Even amongst Republicans he has a huge group that hate him. Conservatives and middle of the road pundits on Fox news, for example, many there despise him, and even might vote for Hillary over him.

So it seems Trump just has too many groups and people who will run to the polls to vote against him.

Even Hillary is less hated that Trump

And now he is going to make enemies amongst the Cruz voters

Also consider this. Trump has no real base. He is too moderate to have the conservative base locked up so he is a politician running on a gas tank that may be running out of Gas….Hatred and anger is what he elicits and draws to himself.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Also consider this. Trump has no real base. He is too moderate to have the conservative base locked up so he is a politician running on a gas tank that may be running out of Gas….Hatred and anger is what he elicits and draws to himself.

Yeah. This is energy unfit to run for the long haul, and when he is forced to change tactics, he is going to alienate all the people he appealed to with his hatred and anger shtick, thus causing his entire support base to evaporate.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Lol, according to the chart you showed the only one with a chance is Kasich, which is a load of bull.

Just recall back to a moment after 9/11, when Hillary went to the podium at a NY baseball stadium that was packed. She got booed off the stage when real people instead of handpicked lackys were making up an audience.

There aren't enough diehard commies in this country for Bernie to be a factor, he is the handpicked easy opponent for Hillary so she doesn't get upstaged by another Obama coming out of nowhere.

Trump will bulldoze her like a new plot of real estate.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join