It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Is Really Unpopular With General Election Voters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Even this type of discussion must put the fear of GOD in those that see Donald as their "Great White Hope"....

Which is the point of the thread I think.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The GOP establishment is now trying to back Cruz, who they hate, but they know that they could eventually control him. There is no controlling Trump.

Thus the very reason the RNC will throw Trump under the bus.

edit on 18-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Any of you that feel he is a liberal plant 'really' need to read his book. He is not a plant. There was a reason that they asked him if he would split early on because they did not want to lose his vote if he did well. He has. He has nothing to gain by running a campaign, spending all of this time and his own money.

The GOP establishment is now trying to back Cruz, who they hate, but they know that they could eventually control him. There is no controlling Trump.

The DNC is the same way. No matter who is elected, Bern or Hill, it is 4 more years of the same old song.

I don't think most people can imagine all the ways that manipulating an election could prove to be profitable...even for the 'losers.'

I do agree with everything else you wrote though.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Actually, Trump is a bit of an enigma politically. I think he represents, in many ways, a lot of people that long...hunger...for a third party that can actually win. Some of us feel that neither party represents us. Maybe 2016 is the sign of the times when a 3rd party could rise up and win.

Take his stance on abortion. He is anti-abortion, but pro-choice. Same as a lot of us. We think abortion is wrong, detestable, and yet, if you choose to do it, it is legal and you are the one that has to live with the psychological and moral consequences. But, nobody wants to take your legal right away from you to do it.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well that is certainly a discussion for another thread.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I am just curious about how someone polls in the negative?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Trump is aware of his standings with the general electorate. That's why I maintain that he has another agenda and being POTUS isn't it.

Bizarre circus is American politics. It's hard to take it seriously.

Watching the Donald at Liberty U now. He even looks like a clown with those white eyes and fake tan.

Yup he stinks of controlled opposition.

Plus I bet he has been promised a contract to build his "wall" if he plays the good puppet.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UnBreakable

If that is true than Donald Trump will have played most of the American conservative base for fools.

Not exactly hard

Just look at the derptastic posts on ATS.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
"ALL OTHERS ARE SELF SERVING CORRUPT DUPLICITOUS CAREER POLITICIANS" SAID MRS EVI DENCE.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

If that is true than Donald Trump will have played most of the American conservative base for fools.

Yes. At the behest of Bill Clinton. At the end of all this Donald will write a book about all this saying what a farce the whole system is, the conservative base are a bunch of fools falling for his outrageous viewpoints that he knows will never come to fruition, and he's always been a closet liberal being a pawn of the Clintons. This is how the game is played, with both Trump and the Clintons benefiting for the next eight years.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What I take most from this is the statement that Bernie the "unelectable" is the ONLY one with a net positive.

- Feel the Bern!!!
edit on 1/18/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The last two presidents played their supporters for fools, IMO.

The last two Presidents won their elections doing it though. Trump would be doing it an losing.

Kinda like Gore won the popular vote in 2000 which wasn't following the TPTB agenda, so they coronated Bush using an antiquated electoral college system and a friendly Supreme Court judge.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

And then no one would ever vote Democrat again.

Sounds like a great right wing Trojan horse to me.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have a sneaking suspicion that last round late voters who are embarrassed to actually admit they AGREE with Trump, will pull the lever for him if he were the nominee.

What other option on the ballot would they have? Hillary? Bernie?

I think the "Silent Majority" is very silent indeed. People have been made to feel criticized and guilty for even mentioning they agree with Trump, which causes people to go underground and vote in silence..which throws off "polls" no matter how you slice it.

The more you PUSH people underground, the more you cannot predict what is going to happen. Trump is an enigma because he has tons of supporters and voters which are like Sleeper Cells, waiting for the right time to strike, which in this case is a vote on an Anonymous BALLOT

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
He has already written a book on how screwed up he feels the country is based on the current political status. He is not handing this election to anyone...at least on purpose. I mean, folks, you talk about what a billionaire, narcissistic, egotistic jackass he is so why would he do that?

Someone with those 'qualifications' does not stand in as a patsy to take a fall for nothing and he does not need to build a wall. That is not his gig but he knows the people to use if he is elected.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The last two presidents played their supporters for fools, IMO.

The last two Presidents won their elections doing it though. Trump would be doing it an losing.

Kinda like Gore won the popular vote in 2000 which wasn't following the TPTB agenda, so they coronated Bush using an antiquated electoral college system and a friendly Supreme Court judge.

Off-topic, but the election chaos in 2000 and 2004 brought about election reforms that have made the system less-secure and put state voter registration lists on centralized databases (in most states) -- including Florida and Ohio.

In Ohio, that voter registration database is the very one breached to smear Joe the Plumber on his child-support record. So it's certainly not safe from being exploited to smear political enemies during election season.

Perhaps Gore and Bush (and Kerry) are all players on the same team for TPTB?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
I have a sneaking suspicion that last round late voters who are embarrassed to actually admit they AGREE with Trump, will pull the lever for him if he were the nominee.

What other option on the ballot would they have? Hillary? Bernie?

Don't discount the ruthlessness of the neocons and don't count out Jeb Bush. Trump could be playing both sides of the fence in some surreal political theater that the electorate is not privy to. That seems more likely to me than an election on the "up and up"

Trillions of dollars at stake on the 16 elections....I just don't see how Trump fits in with the corporate oligarchy's plans and the voters have little or nothing to do with much of anything except as an audience for the campaigns.
edit on 18-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

And then no one would ever vote Democrat again.

Sounds like a great right wing Trojan horse to me.

Republican, Democrat, doesn't matter. It's the person, not the party, that matters to TPTB. The parties are a two headed snake. They just take different methods to tear this country down. Bush was too much of a doofus, so they will settle for Hillary this time around. To paraphrase Stalin, "it's not the voters who decide an election, but it's who COUNTS the votes". See my above reference to Bush vs Gore in 2000.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Trump is upsetting a lot of people and tilting the balance. The rebel in me likes that fact alone.

The Status Quo needs to be challenged, and the Ds and Rs in power are scared of him.

I don't know if it's fear based on genuine feeling he is dangerous, or just dangerous to their power structure. I think more if not most of the latter.

edit on 18-1-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I am just curious about how someone polls in the negative?

It's a favorability rating and not a polling number. When asking people if they approve or disapprove of Trump, more people said they disapproved. Then you subtract the disapproved from the approved and you wind up with a negative number.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join