It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Is Really Unpopular With General Election Voters

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Trump and company know that. According to plan, he'll switch and run third party by August. It'll be Clinton(D) vs Rubio(R) vs Trump(I), virtually handing the election to Hillary, which was TPTBs plan all along. Bill Clinton asked Trump to run, knowing that this scenario would play out, coronating her. Bill is shrewd, been playing this game a long time. Trump, in turn, will get a lot of favors and influence in the Clinton admin.

"Bill Clinton reportedly had an intriguing phone call with Donald Trump weeks before his campaign launch"
www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

If that is true than Donald Trump will have played most of the American conservative base for fools.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

If that is true than Donald Trump will have played most of the American conservative base for fools.

The last two presidents played their supporters for fools, IMO.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I dare say that the bickering among the democrats is a summer vacation compared to the republican campaign. The General Public and the undecided voters have looked at trump and seen what he has to offer and now he is the butt of many jokes and memes that have nothing to do with his hair.

The republican campaign could be described as a colossal clusterfudge. Forget right field, they are not even in the stadium as I see it.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

The last two Presidents won their elections doing it though. Trump would be doing it an losing.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Yea. That's true. The monkeying around going on among the Democratic race doesn't hold a candle to the down right gorillaing that's going on in the Republican race.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The last two Presidents won their elections doing it though. Trump would be doing it an losing.

Well, I'd have to say McCain and Romney also played their supporters for fools.

McCain chose Palin and Romney completely softballed and fumbled on Benghazi. I happen to believe those were intentionally d*ckish moves.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Sticking to the simian theme, I'll be a monkeys uncle before the undecided 'swing' to the right this election

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This is a good article. I am not posting it to debunk the results of the HuffCo.This is more about showing perspective.

www.politico.com...

If I asked you what most defines Donald Trump supporters, what would you say? They’re white? They’re poor? They’re uneducated? You’d be wrong.In fact, I’ve found a single statistically significant variable predicts whether a voter supports Trump—and it’s not race, income or education levels: It’s authoritarianism.

Take activated authoritarians from across the partisan spectrum and the growing cadre of threatened non-authoritarians, then add them to the base of Republican general election voters, and the potential electoral path to a Trump presidency becomes clearer.

However, in Reuters polling there has been found

About one in 10 Americans who plan to cast a vote this election will do so for the first time in years, if ever, and Trump holds a decided edge with them, according to polling by Reuters/Ipsos. (tmsnrt.rs...)

These voters offer Trump a pool of voters who could be decisive either in the Republican primaries or a general election. They could be crucial for Trump in early-voting states such as Iowa and South Carolina, where his nearest rival, Senator Ted Cruz, is putting pressure on Trump and enjoys a strong base of support with more traditionally conservative voters.

In Reuters/Ipsos polling from June to December 2015, 27.3 percent of these “new” voters said they would vote for Trump, higher than his poll numbers among independents and Republicans who regularly vote.

By way of comparison, Cruz captures just 3.4 percent of these voters. And Senator Marco Rubio of Florida snags only 4 percent.

The big effect on this election will be the underwhelming turnout from traditional voters who will say fudge it and new voters who if there is a choice will not vote for the last 8 years again but could lean towards Bern.

Interesting to say the least.
edit on 01am31amf0000002016-01-18T11:35:50-06:001150 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have been listening to Trump a little closer, especially his speeches at venues where he is invited to freely talk without interruptions or being put into a box. He is much more impressive and knowledgeable than most people realize.

I also have asked around among people I know, and many that normally vote Democrat are voting for Trump should he win in the nomination.

I will concede that different areas of the country have different attitudes and "sensitivities", but I will pay Big Bucks to see a real one-on-one debate, gloves off, between Trump and Clinton.

But, I actually think Hillary is going to be arrested, or removed from being qualified at the very least. She failed to secure State correspondence and played lose with government material. Security clearances have been taken away for less.....she should not be too big to jail.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

McCain chose Palin and Romney completely softballed and fumbled on Benghazi. I happen to believe those were intentionally d*ckish moves.

I think you are missing my point. By saying that he is playing them for fools, I'm saying that Trump joined the race with the intention of gaining as much Republican support as possible then goes third party to split the conservative vote all as a trojan horse. It's a bit different than promising a bunch of lies then not carrying through with them.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

If this is the case with the emotional investment the conservative right has placed on Trumps candidacy; They might just say " **** it" and boycott the elections altogether.

This does sound very Clintonian....
edit on 18-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Well I'll agree with your first source that Trump supports have inclinations towards authoritarianism. That certainly makes sense.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Possibly. But news of Trump being a liberal plant wouldn't surface until after the election, so these people will already have been played for fools. Though if allegations such as this DO surface and have credibility, I can see his fanbase calling for his head on a stick.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I think you are missing my point. By saying that he is playing them for fools, I'm saying that Trump joined the race with the intention of gaining as much Republican support as possible then goes third party to split the conservative vote all as a trojan horse. It's a bit different than promising a bunch of lies then not carrying through with them.

And yet, it certainly seems he could do just that and right in front of their faces: Trump's shenanigans with the GOP loyalty pledge

Playing them for fools...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well that's why I didn't dismiss UnBreakable's post at the top of the page off hand. It very well could be the case. I wouldn't put it past either the Clintons OR Trump to try something like this.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I personally have stopped trying to dissuade people from supporting Trump. Trump will NEVER be President of the United States. Besides, what's the alternative? Ted Cruz?

When I speak to people who like Trump, I compliment him on the positions I agree with because he is the only viable Republican candidate saying them.

" Yes, we did spend 5 trillion dollars in the Middle East that would have been better spent here on bridges and roads. Yes, we have lost millions of jobs due to bad trade deals."

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Well that's why I didn't dismiss UnBreakable's post at the top of the page off hand. It very well could be the case. I wouldn't put it past either the Clintons OR Trump to try something like this.

I wouldn't put it past them and I also wouldn't put it past the two parties to work together, in secrecy, to get as much money as possible in front of Congress to misappropriate.
edit on 18-1-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Even this type of discussion must put the fear of GOD in those that see Donald as their "Great White Hope"....

Damn, I should be on Trumps staff as a writer of jingos and mantra themes.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Any of you that feel he is a liberal plant 'really' need to read his book. He is not a plant. There was a reason that they asked him if he would split early on because they did not want to lose his vote if he did well. He has. He has nothing to gain by running a campaign, spending all of this time and his own money.

The GOP establishment is now trying to back Cruz, who they hate, but they know that they could eventually control him. There is no controlling Trump.

The DNC is the same way. No matter who is elected, Bern or Hill, it is 4 more years of the same old song.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join