It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists find hints of the soul at the quantum level.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Dr. Stuart Hameroff---Orch OR, microtubules (antenna of the soul).....

google this dude.

Here's his peer reviewed studies: www.quantumconsciousness.org...
edit on 18-1-2016 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Fascinating that at a quantum level the should may be an element of the cosmos. This concept fits in with my simplistic intelligent design acceptance of how the planet I live on provides everything I need. Its so simple yet so complex. I hope that the funding can be found to further this, but I can see a number of groups who would rather this was not dwelt upon.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

I read his work back in collage and back then is was ill proven.

On the op article I have issues. It does not attempt to define what soul is. The classic Descartes issue of physical and non physical interaction problem. The thing about wave particle duality is they are both physical.

I think they pulled a no true Scotsman fallacy, changing the definition to fit what they want.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

Well, to be honest, at least at the debate level and the general big bang followers, I can't really say just how the academics address it. But at my lay level, I heard for years that the beginnings of the universe was the 'big bang'.( Somewhere down the road, that was modified in the debate crowd to a 'cycle of the universe' rather than the beginning of it. A clever, and perhaps, wise back-pedal.)

The 'then where did God come from' argument becomes completely ignored when it come to the big bang crowd. Where did the condensed material come from, the dimension points that make up space? The chemical/physics-or whatever- process that initiated the big bang come from? ETC.

A balance in questioning. The latter never mentioned by the other side.

When I bring up that point, it is usually shrugged off science will find the answer eventually. I then rebut ah, you have faith, then, in science?....

Truth be told I trust neither side- at least as a collective- as vested interests abound.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightAssassin

Dr. Stuart Hameroff---Orch OR, microtubules (antenna of the soul).....

google this dude.

Here's his peer reviewed studies: www.quantumconsciousness.org...

Thank you. I will do so.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier
Thanks for the reference...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

You mustnt have been to college very long ago as his stuff is quite new, well, the progress he's made. Are you saying what he was researching, or theorising, was proven wrong?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

This is super old news.. If you want more logical science to explain all of this, and a model that has more answers than anything else out there, read 'My Big T.O.E.' by Thomas Campbell. TOE meaning theory of everything.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Shame on you, how dare you say such things and with a name Ghost147,

Do not pass go, do not collect $200

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Perhaps there is merge point between the spiritual and scientific world.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

Again, many scientists in complete awe of the symmetry of it all, intuitively have come to the awareness of 'soul'. This is not a broadly announced potential being, so far, only on Huff's site and Facebook, for obvious reasons, yet it may be the start to further deliberate investigation despite no real financial potential by the technocrat crowd.

One can only hope...

Every point in the Universe is 'occupied' by an individual unique Conscious Perspective (Soul)!
The 'size' of the Soul is a Planck volume, and the 'duration' is but a Planck moment!
A 'moment' is not a measure of 'time', but is a unit of 'perception', a single 'percept'!
Yes, this is at the quantum level , the Planck level!

And there is nothing 'physical' about the 'Big Bang', no dense matter, no explosion into everything (Occam would be furious! *__- )... it is all about 'Consciousness' and a moment of complete Universal Self Knowledge!

edit on 19-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm with Slayer69 in that this is an idea similar to something I've been thinking for a long time, although I prefer to call it "consciousness" rather than "a soul," as that conjures up religious ideas, and I don't subscribe to any of them (that I know of).

But I agree with many here that there is a severe lack of "hints," other than appeals to authority and theories, to show proof that this concept has scientific legs.

I wish it did, though, as the idea of "consciousness" and when it starts and where it goes in relation to "life" has always interested and puzzled me.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
I'm with Slayer69 in that this is an idea similar to something I've been thinking for a long time, although I prefer to call it "consciousness" rather than "a soul," as that conjures up religious ideas, and I don't subscribe to any of them (that I know of).

But I agree with many here that there is a severe lack of "hints," other than appeals to authority and theories, to show proof that this concept has scientific legs.

I wish it did, though, as the idea of "consciousness" and when it starts and where it goes in relation to "life" has always interested and puzzled me.

I will repost this link. There is some evidence possibly. Like anything has its skeptics. Interesting just the same.
www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Good story, and better written, but I still fail to see evidence of the evidence--only claims of the evidence.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Good story, and better written, but I still fail to see evidence of the evidence--only claims of the evidence.

It gives you the jumping point for the theories and the researches papers. Like this link on the page in red. You can also Google the researchers name and works from the article.
www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Thanks for the link...I missed it in the story, I guess, as it's was right there at the top of the article.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Thanks for the link...I missed it in the story, I guess, as it's was right there at the top of the article.

No problem. And i am not saying its the truth. Just its beyond a whimsical idea. And very interesting to me and based on your comments probably you too.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
See this is exactly why Huffpost has become a joke

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

I disagree, sir...
. The Razor perfectly fits the debate. It allows a definitive and easy position to be taken with the caveat of potentially being proven wrong at a later date...

If one 'knows' one loves someone, what need is there of proof?

edit on 19-1-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I dunno. I disagree. There have been plenty of scientists over the years that have tried to prove the existence of the soul. I see nothing wrong with wanting to believe it is true. If these scientists think it is so, then they just need to prove it. If Quantum Mechanics is the ticket to do so, then great. Looks like they are in the right field. But unless there is something to report it isn't exactly groundbreaking territory here.

But you aimlessly swear allegiance to those trying to prove the existence of The Big Bang.

They just need to prove it, like you say, and yet not a shred of it has been reported or ever will.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
But you aimlessly swear allegiance to those trying to prove the existence of The Big Bang.

They just need to prove it, like you say, and yet not a shred of it has been reported or ever will.

Uh, what about the CMB ? Or was that put there by Satan, like the dinosaur bones?

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join