It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone going to blame OBAMA for these wonderfully low gas prices this morning?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blindmancc
a reply to: theySeeme

No, I will thank him for all the unemployed, the general weakness of our military, the death blows to our coal mining, the civil unrest, the death of babies and use of their body parts, making our national dept twice as high as when he came to office, with no real benefit to the people except higher health cost.
I will thank him for the new words like PC, and how it's bringing down our country. Thank him for the thousands of refugees he's bringing in, so that we can share in the worlds terrorist activities. Thank him for a gaping wide border with Mexico and his unwillingness to deport those who come in illegally. Thank him for releasing drug dealers from prison, but hey, they never hurt anyone. Thank him for closing Gitmo, our edge in intelligence gathering which strikes fear in those who would kill us. Thank him for apologizing for being American, to China and other nations. Thank him for throwing the constitution away when it gets in his way. Thank him for Benghazi, he saved fuel and manpower by not rescuing an ambassador to the United States, when a US base was just 1 hour away by C130. But he got a good sleep so he could deal with it 13 hours later. Thank him for giving up and pulling out before the job was done in Iraq, thus wasting the lives of those who fought, and those who must fight again. Creating the vacuum which created ISIS. Thank him for giving the most dangerous country in the world, Iran, Billions of dollars and an open road to a nuclear arsenal. Which in part they already have through their cooperation with N Korea. Thank him for the rise in confidence of Russia, China, because of his weakness. Their new ships, subs, missiles and weapons and China's new aircraft carriers. While our fleet is being sold one by one for a dollar and then scrapped; Our troops are being diminished below even mission capable levels. (Understatement)

I know I have missed many things to be thankful to him for, but my hands are tired. It seems, any more time under this type of leadership, and we won't have a country to call our own anymore.......Just my opinion. But he is a good talker, that's for sure

while you're at it make sure to thank him for completely bankrupting and dismantling our country into a bloody civil war after turning America into a Islamic, communist caliphate and taking away all our guns and rights, oh wait he hasn't done that? I know, I know he still has 9 months left to do what all you Obama haters said he would. and when that doesn't happen you will say he paved the way for it and its a slow process well thought out plan that will take hundreds of years.....smh

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Economic war can be fun ...if you win.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Where the Hell did I say anything about soldiers? I said my son works In The Oil Fields. How could you possibly not get that?
Do you always move the goal posts when the debate isn't going your way?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Lifting the sanctions on Iran has had a direct impact on pump prices. 77 cents/gallon in Michigan. Fracking permits have had some indirect affect on prices - fracking itself hasn't increased domestic supplies by much, but it did motivate Saudi Arabia (and OPEC) to ramp up production to compete or drive out fracking resulting in the world-wide 'oil glut.' Add Iran now selling oil free of sanctions and we have an excess of production. So in many ways, Obama does have some 'blame' for these low gas prices.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: reldra

Still does not grasp a ton of oil was added to the market as a direct result of deal with Iran. This is an example where POTUS has an influence on the price of gas.

No oil has been released by Iran as of this juncture. They are still trying to determine what their capacity will be and there are varying numbers being used, the recent price drop has more to do with speculation then actual oil on the market.

Regardless, I believe this still has had en effect on prices. Some of the speculation COMES FROM the the Iran Deal.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Plus all industries around the oil fields are suffering as well. Hotels that used to house the workers, restaurants that used to feed the workers, suppliers of the equipment, drivers, etc etc

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Obama really has nothing to do with the price of gas.

Neither did Bush.

Yet, the Repubs still blamed Obama when they were higher too. And this was back in 2014.

"Fox News Slams Obama For Low Gas Prices After Slamming Him For High Gas Prices"
thedailybanter.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

unfortunately some people will never give credit where credit is due.

And some will keep their heads in the sand, never realizing they've backed a loser. He's had almost 8 years to improve this country, but it's been down hill since he took office. He blames any one and every one for his failures and thanks only himself for what little he has accomplished. Probably because he has followers blind enough to believe he has accomplished something.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Why am I still paying 1.79?

*shake fist*

OHBAAAAAAAHMAAAAAAH

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Shhh.

Don't shatter their fantasies.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme
One dollar and 19 cents here in new york for an entire gallon of gas! 22$ and my tank is full. I know everyone hates Obama (personally, he's a charming guy in my opinion, with all of his achievements overlooked by that other group), and everyone blames Obama for everything, so is anyone going to blame the man for these great gas prices which are a direct result of his deal with Iran, something NO republican would have done!

It's great he was elected, because had a republican took office, we'd be paying well over 4$ by now.

I can blame the Corporations which made substantial increases in domestic Production.

I can blame nations for investing in technology and research to challenge the CARTEL known as OPEC.

Obama's deal with Iran hasn't even come to fruition yet, which will likely make prices go down to almost nothing.

But we're seeing a baseline price that SHOULD have been, and OPEC is losing it's grip.

OBAMA's Iran deal is just one part, that hasn't even really fully been seen yet.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Regardless, I believe this still has had en effect on prices. Some of the speculation COMES FROM the the Iran Deal.

While it will have impact in the future, most likely not as much as initially projected due to their infrastructure issues, it has not had much impact at the pump currently and will not for some time.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

And now they are the same after a decade of inflation. Meanwhile in the uk , we will still pay 5 times the price...
edit on 18-1-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

The Obama administration wanted to push energy prices upward as a matter of policy.

If anything, this is a catastrophic failure of his policies, not a vindication of them.

exactly! low gas prices means that Obama`s energy policy is a failure.

This president and his secretary of anti-energy, Dr. Chu, have as a goal getting us to pay European-level prices of $8 or $9. Dr. Chu was clear about that before he became secretary. He wants us to get to be a European-level price structure of $8 or $9 a gallon

abcnews.go.com...

When Obama was campaigning for president I seem to remember him saying that $5 a gallon for gas would be good for America because it would help us conserve energy.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Same commodity. All part of the same global market.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I am pointing out that for every action there are tons of related effects.

Right now, people who were making their living in South Dakota are being laid off, out of work. Right now, businesses that were thriving as a result of the boom in South Dakota are out of business because they no longer have the customers because those customers longer have that money. How many of those businesses will also die and the jobs with them?

Yes, you hate oil companies. I get it. You think they gouge consumers, I get it. But people work for them and get paid and make a living. People on the same economic scale as you or I. People who have families. And the money they spend goes into the same economy you and I interact with.

The crash of entire economies will impact us one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

LOL.

We pay twice as much here in California...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Gas drops much lower and the world economy implodes......thanks Obumma........a reply to: theySeeme

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Actually, I wasn't paying much attention to the price of gas this morning.

I was mad at Obama for fighting Global Warming. If the temperatures had risen unimpeded like the IPCC had said they were going to, I wouldn't have been out there freezing my butt off in -2 degree F temps filling my car up.

Of course, I blamed by husband first. Once for not having to work today and twice for leaving me the vehicle empty of gas to drive.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I was mad at Obama for fighting Global Warming. If the temperatures had risen unimpeded like the IPCC had said they were going to, I wouldn't have been out there freezing my butt off in -2 degree F temps filling my car up.

God bless New Jersey. Cheap gas and we do not have to pump it ourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join