It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone going to blame OBAMA for these wonderfully low gas prices this morning?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme
One dollar and 19 cents here in new york for an entire gallon of gas! 22$ and my tank is full. I know everyone hates Obama (personally, he's a charming guy in my opinion, with all of his achievements overlooked by that other group), and everyone blames Obama for everything, so is anyone going to blame the man for these great gas prices which are a direct result of his deal with Iran, something NO republican would have done!

It's great he was elected, because had a republican took office, we'd be paying well over 4$ by now.

Funny, when gas prices were much higher, the media claimed Obama had no control over gas prices. You all should probably decide on a set of standards and keep it.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: theySeeme

Damn you OBAMA! Saving me money and such! Grumble grumble grumble grumble.

So, what are your thoughts on Obama and his supporters blaming Bush for everything?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

One dollar and 19 cents here in new york for an entire gallon of gas! 22$ and my tank is full. I know everyone hates Obama (personally, he's a charming guy in my opinion, with all of his achievements overlooked by that other group), and everyone blames Obama for everything, so is anyone going to blame the man for these great gas prices which are a direct result of his deal with Iran, something NO republican would have done!

It's great he was elected, because had a republican took office, we'd be paying well over 4$ by now.

LOL. Yes, let's credit Obama for Fracking, for shale processes, for the milder winter in New England that has left storage problems for fuel and hence the increase in price drop.

Credit Obama for being a supporter of oil development and a proponent for lower expenses for the average citizen.

After all, there's nothing else to credit him for....

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I think it's adorable how Obama supporters are desperately searching for something...anything to try and positively validate his last 7 years.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If Obama takes credit for the lowering of gas prices, can we blame him when they were high? Can we blame him when they rise again?

No, because imposed sanctions were on contracted time - time contracted before he took office. He had no power to change them until this time, as the clock has run out.

So Obama can take credit for lower gas prices (he has) but he can't be blamed for higher gas prices.

Sounds like a liberal alright.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
Funny, when gas prices were much higher, the media claimed Obama had no control over gas prices. You all should probably decide on a set of standards and keep it.

He didn't and now still does not. It's far more a wild west scenario now that the US can sell crude on the open market for the first time in many decades. The OPEC thumbscrews have been shattered.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: tkwasny

originally posted by: TheBulk

He didn't and now still does not. It's far more a wild west scenario now that the US can sell crude on the open market for the first time in many decades. The OPEC thumbscrews have been shattered.

And yet when Bush was president:

edit on 18-1-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
By the OP's logic...if we give Obama credit for lower gas prices...we can also credit him for allowing us to drive our SUV's around a lot more and increasing Global Warming...or Global Cooling...or Climate Change...or whatever.
Thanks for the next Ice Age, Barry.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Still does not grasp a ton of oil was added to the market as a direct result of deal with Iran. This is an example where POTUS has an influence on the price of gas.

No oil has been released by Iran as of this juncture. They are still trying to determine what their capacity will be and there are varying numbers being used, the recent price drop has more to do with speculation then actual oil on the market.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Oil is falling because the Saudis won't cut production in an attempt to bankrupt US oil producers. The Saudis are actually raising the ire of OPEC because some of the other members want supply cut to raise the prices as it is also hurting their economies as well. The Saudis are driving the price down so that the US oil producers cannot make a profit and will eventually file for bankruptcy. A barrel of oil needs to be around $70 bucks for the current fracking technology to be profitable.

We are seeing the benefit at the pump in the short term, but there will be a world of hurt for those that live in areas where the local economy is dependent on oil production.

Falling gas prices are the anti-thesis of what a progressive like Obama would want. Higher gas prices provide an economic incentive for electric cars, green energy, etc. As gas prices fall, there is less consumer desire for electric vehicles, etc because the cost benefit simply is not there.

edit on 18-1-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
the room was in awe of the presidential Press Release concerning the administration driven low-cost of gasoline....

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

the room was in awe of the presidential Press Release concerning the administration driven low-cost of gasoline....

LOL, sadly they look like they would have asked tougher questions than the normal scripted news-press.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Hey, Don't forget to give credit to Obama for giving us MLK day as well while you are at it.

The Oil industry is a Oligopoly and they set prices as they please depending on their goal. Right now its about preventing future competitors from getting into the game.

edit on 46131America/ChicagoMon, 18 Jan 2016 10:46:48 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The stock market dropped a million points devaluing...everything. But thankfully my tank is 10 dollars less to fill.
edit on 18-1-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Your hero making a more than shady deal with a country that hates us, doesn't mean he's responsible for the low prices. There are many factors, the deal with Iran being a very, very small part.

www.bankrate.com...

American oil producers have been on a tear lately. Thanks to new drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and the increased use of techniques like hydraulic fracturing, or "fracking," on land, the U.S. is awash in crude.

Domestic oil production has increased every year since 2008, which has contributed to a growing world supply. Meanwhile, American refineries are buying fewer barrels of more expensive foreign crudes.

Read more: www.bankrate.com...
Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook

we have to keep our friends close and our enemies closer!! kudos to Obama for making the deal w iran which has directly led to lower gas prices, saving a little money for americans and kudos to Obama to making the deal w cuba as well!!!

its high time America drops it's grudges with our enemies and tries to work diplomatically to ensure a peaceful future!

unfortunately some people will never give credit where credit is due.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Your hero making a more than shady deal with a country that hates us, doesn't mean he's responsible for the low prices. There are many factors, the deal with Iran being a very, very small part.

www.bankrate.com...

American oil producers have been on a tear lately. Thanks to new drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and the increased use of techniques like hydraulic fracturing, or "fracking," on land, the U.S. is awash in crude.

Domestic oil production has increased every year since 2008, which has contributed to a growing world supply. Meanwhile, American refineries are buying fewer barrels of more expensive foreign crudes.

Read more: www.bankrate.com...
Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook

Iran hasn't attacked any country in over 250 years, what other country can say that? Cut it out, EVERY country hates America (in fact, many ATS members hate america), so I don't follow your logic.

Every country hates America huh, and many ATS members? Why don't you start dropping names, I got a feeling they do not fall far from the tree. Well, you go on and tell these "many ATS members" if "they" got a problem, there ain't nothing but air and opportunity.
edit on 18-1-2016 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

The Saudi's might be the first one to crack

See my link earlier in this thread. Saudi Arabia produces oil at 5 dollars a barrel, above that they are profiting.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

No, I will thank him for all the unemployed, the general weakness of our military, the death blows to our coal mining, the civil unrest, the death of babies and use of their body parts, making our national dept twice as high as when he came to office, with no real benefit to the people except higher health cost.
I will thank him for the new words like PC, and how it's bringing down our country. Thank him for the thousands of refugees he's bringing in, so that we can share in the worlds terrorist activities. Thank him for a gaping wide border with Mexico and his unwillingness to deport those who come in illegally. Thank him for releasing drug dealers from prison, but hey, they never hurt anyone. Thank him for closing Gitmo, our edge in intelligence gathering which strikes fear in those who would kill us. Thank him for apologizing for being American, to China and other nations. Thank him for throwing the constitution away when it gets in his way. Thank him for Benghazi, he saved fuel and manpower by not rescuing an ambassador to the United States, when a US base was just 1 hour away by C130. But he got a good sleep so he could deal with it 13 hours later. Thank him for giving up and pulling out before the job was done in Iraq, thus wasting the lives of those who fought, and those who must fight again. Creating the vacuum which created ISIS. Thank him for giving the most dangerous country in the world, Iran, Billions of dollars and an open road to a nuclear arsenal. Which in part they already have through their cooperation with N Korea. Thank him for the rise in confidence of Russia, China, because of his weakness. Their new ships, subs, missiles and weapons and China's new aircraft carriers. While our fleet is being sold one by one for a dollar and then scrapped; Our troops are being diminished below even mission capable levels. (Understatement)

I know I have missed many things to be thankful to him for, but my hands are tired. It seems, any more time under this type of leadership, and we won't have a country to call our own anymore.......Just my opinion. But he is a good talker, that's for sure

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I did. That's why I mentioned the war they have on their southern flank, they are burning through their cash reserves to pay for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join