It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Jump start (NATO)for an aircraft.

page: 1

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:47 AM
Just purchased a Factfair lombarginie 4.5kva military generator For a backup off grid power sourse.

I was querying my bro when he mentioned the Nato slave fitting on the control panel of the Genie There are two 110v and a single 240v power ponts plus the NATO slave fitting for most NATO military vehicles,

I'm not sure if this was a windup or not but one off his friends said the NATO socket could also slave start NATO Military Helicopters

Anyways ill leave it to yous Guys with a higher IQ than most people I know to suss out if true or a wind up,

edit on 18 1 2016 by foxhound2459 because: edit edit.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:10 AM

Generally referred to as "slave starting" in military parlance, the jump starting procedure has been simplified for military vehicles. Tactical vehicles used by NATO militaries possess 24-volt electrical systems and, in accordance with STANAG 4074, have standard slave receptacles for easy connection. A slave cable is plugged in to the receptacle on each vehicle, and the dead vehicle is started with the live vehicle's engine running.

Seems like your friend is telling the truth

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:47 AM
a reply to: foxhound2459

It most likely was used as a ground power unit for helicopters. It supplied power so they didn't run the batteries down before starting the engines. We used to do that with aircraft because they had such a long preflight. If they didn't have an auxiliary power unit the batteries were used to start power flowing then we switched to external power.
edit on 1/18/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:13 AM
nice purchase there my friend ;-)

if you dont mind me asking what did you pay for it ? I have only seen them come up a few times at Mil auctions.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:45 AM
Got Her all in for about £700.00
Had to purchase a Muffler and steel coiled exhaust extension,
Then the Jerry cans 10litre,

So quite expensive in the End Snoopy

But should last me a life time plus some,

An earl lume for the Kids if you like.
Worth its weight in Gold if and when everything goes Pear Shaped.

a reply to: snoopyuk

new topics

top topics