It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PetroDolllar and the USD

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
It is the last gasp. The dying breath of greed.

Oil is losing it's final grip on mankind.

And it will get ugly until it no longer owns us.

The dollar was propping up the constant US deficits by financing the worlds oil. The likes of China was using the dollar to prop up its currency and its industrial expansion.

In the end, the winners will be mankind when all this is done washing out.
edit on 18-1-2016 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Not sure where to ask this question but as it has to do with oil I will put it out there. I already know the answer but wanted some other opinions. So........if I knew an Israeli who was an oil baron and he said he traded oil from Hamas and got his other oil from Turkey would you say this is wrong and that the oil from Turkey would be via isis?
Mods you could move my post if you want but can anyone give me an opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Cloudbuster
This is the heart of the matter that the majority of people do not want to accept or question. When talking about money or profits THERE IS NO ENEMIES. Just dealers. This has been proven time and time again. Nations or peoples can be the worst of enemies on the world stage, but when it comes to money deals ARE done behind the scenes to profit themselves. So when it comes to Israel buying oil from Daesh nothing suprises me.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I cannot see any big oil producer dropping production, it would allow rivals to take up the loss, all the big oil producers will sink together, until all storage space is used up, for crude, gas, engine oil, and everything else that oil cracking produces.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

Actually the USD does have, now, a means of support. It is those very new and vast oil reserves.

Now there's something, asset-wise, where there was none before.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

If oil remained above $70 it would be a wonderful asset but the oil and gas producers are losing 2 billion every week at current oil prices.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend

If oil remained above $70 it would be a wonderful asset but the oil and gas producers are losing 2 billion every week at current oil prices.

I understand.

Yet during this period of dropping oil prices, the USD has gained ground on the rest, not lost it. As a national asset-oil reserve serves as an asset not unlike gold...to a limited degree. It is a national wealth. If one looks at the Russian or Canadian currency, they dropped due to the lowered value. In the case of the U.S., the increase in the sheer volume of the reserves as a result of shale/fracking has more than offset the dropping price.

In fact, I'd go as far as to say the dropped oil prices may be the only thing that has saved China's market/economy from complete collapse. To a lesser degree, the Eurozone as well. Both are saving billions daily.

Profits are up in areas outside of the oil industry as those monies not spent on oil/gas/diesel is diverted to back-bills loans, consumer goods et al.

The grocery chain sure haven't lowered their prices....the jerks. So even their profits, or at least ledgers, are looking better.

Add in an approval to export U.S. crude will keep the USD in demand as well, albeit, less, perhaps.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

USD has gained ground on the rest, not lost it

US certainly isn't the worse horse in the glue factory but the rise of the US might also be the result of people running to cash because they fear a collapse. Impossible to prove one way or the other. I agree the fall of oil price is helping many. It might have been planned to try turn the worlds economic system around.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

for USA low oil prices is wonderful news

for other countries not so much

Saudi Arabia could be bankrupt within five years, IMF predicts

Saudi Arabia’s cash reserves are in free-fall and the country could have only five years of financial assets remaining due in large part to the fall in oil prices, according to a report by the International Monetary Fund (IMF). In its World Economic and Financial Surveys, released every October, the IMF said that the kingdom will suffer a negative 21.6 per cent “General Government Overall Fiscal Balance” in 2015 and a 19.4 per cent negative balance in 2016, a massive increase from only -3.4 per cent in 2014. Saudi Arabia currently has $654.5 billion in foreign reserves, but the cash is disappearing quickly.

Who will bail them out ?

Saudi Arabia’s King Salman has met senior US executives in Washington as the country seeks to lure foreign investment to help diversify its economy amid sustained low oil prices.

johngaltfla.com...
edit on 20-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Interesting info, thanks Layaly.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

That explains why Obama vote against it.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

ok I wrote my reply i honestly don't remember writing that .. I read your op I think it actually says exactly that .. or not ? I hate economy (Especially trying to get it in English lang and on global level .. No way
my brain goes into shut down)

a reply to: onequestion

I have no idea what I did here but you answered like my reply sounds normal I just don't know what this means or your reply
I would love to comprehend this if someone explained with simple terms or examples

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Venazeula blinked so hard their eyes are still closed but OPEC wasn't having that.

With prices so low, no one can afford to cut production. But you already knew that.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
my quick scan of the thread seen the oil-glut as the central factor...

actually there is an oil glut because there is a substantial decrease in the need to produce stuff/things/
the whole global trade is contracting, things are not being made, the work forces are being fired, the need for raw materials to make items is contracted, petrol & diesel are not so much in demand.... the world economy is going to a skeleton crew of operations level.

the USD will remain the Top-Dog for the near-term future
places like Japan are being coaxed into NIRP negative interest rate policy by Unkle Sam @ Fed.Gov
and Netherlands or whomever will BUY up excess Treasuries that other nations redeem (Russia & China are cashing US Treasurys/Bonds at around $30 Billion a month each]

so... the USA strong arm tactics will keep the strength of the USD up there at 'overvalued'...that is until the global economies say enough of this fraud-lies-treachery by the USAs Fed..... and all nations embrace the BRICS alternative System that is replacing the London/NYC-DC based Forex/gold & PM futures/commodities/USD/guarantee insurers & underwriters of Markets & accounting practices for 'true' valuations of equities/markets.... the corruption game is getting Its doors slammed shut by a overly screwed world community not in the loop with the Dark Western/North Atlantic Empire

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
my quick scan of the thread seen the oil-glut as the central factor...

actually there is an oil glut because there is a substantial decrease in the need to produce stuff/things/
the whole global trade is contracting, things are not being made, the work forces are being fired, the need for raw materials to make items is contracted, petrol & diesel are not so much in demand.... the world economy is going to a skeleton crew of operations level.

the USD will remain the Top-Dog for the near-term future
places like Japan are being coaxed into NIRP negative interest rate policy by Unkle Sam @ Fed.Gov
and Netherlands or whomever will BUY up excess Treasuries that other nations redeem (Russia & China are cashing US Treasurys/Bonds at around $30 Billion a month each]

so... the USA strong arm tactics will keep the strength of the USD up there at 'overvalued'...that is until the global economies say enough of this fraud-lies-treachery by the USAs Fed..... and all nations embrace the BRICS alternative System that is replacing the London/NYC-DC based Forex/gold & PM futures/commodities/USD/guarantee insurers & underwriters of Markets & accounting practices for 'true' valuations of equities/markets.... the corruption game is getting Its doors slammed shut by a overly screwed world community not in the loop with the Dark Western/North Atlantic Empire

How, in relative terms, overvalued is the USD to how undervalued is the Renminbi/Yuan?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

How, in relative terms, overvalued is the USD to how undervalued is the Renminbi/Yuan?

the info and value factors just do not allow for a straight currency-to-currency comparison

in the longer view the Yuan/Renmenbi will have a higher trade value than the presently over-valued USD

the USD has a 70+ year of global Status & the factors of Sea-Lane security for the civilized nations to conduct trade upon
the Policing actions/ Atomic Forces which can leverage any geo-political situation in the USA favor.... all add 'gravitas' and Strength to the daily USD 'value'

but let the dike spring some leaks & the general consensus of a domineering Dollar will fade fast ...
the long suppressed facts of hyper-inflation...dollar degradation will burst upon the markets in a devestating 24 hour collapse

in the last 10 days I have purchased another unspectacular 21 ounces of stackable silver (Ag)...
partly because that small accrual will attract NO attention & the greater factor that 21 units is the top amount of the PM I could afford to buy
edit on rd29145454279103392016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

in the future.... sooner than later....

the China program to build new (unpopulated) cities... create internal transportation infrastructures, Dams/Mines/Bridges to the as yet vacant hub-of-industry... along with coal-fired electric generation plants (& damn-the-pollution) together with amassing other nations natural resources in the form of stockpiles of rare-Earth-Minerals and the massive accumulation of Gold Bullion will be a handful of factors which will make the future Yuan a more attractive currency to hold as a measure of tradable/transferable Wealth

than the (soon-to-be)despised USD

the Usa is over-run by muslim factions who live off the gov't, bring about ruin, contribute to the overall demise of the USA culture & society...the Fraud & greed driven markets and economic systems are become a pariah to the rest of the world...the Fed Reserve has been the secret, Covert engine of the collapse all along (we see it in hindsight only)
edit on rd29145454411703012016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

the info and value factors just do not allow for a straight currency-to-currency comparison

in the longer view the Yuan/Renmenbi will have a higher trade value than the presently over-valued USD

the USD has a 70+ year of global Status & the factors of Sea-Lane security for the civilized nations to conduct trade upon
the Policing actions/ Atomic Forces which can leverage any geo-political situation in the USA favor.... all add 'gravitas' and Strength to the daily USD 'value'

but let the dike spring some leaks & the general consensus of a domineering Dollar will fade fast ...
the long suppressed facts of hyper-inflation...dollar degradation will burst upon the markets in a devestating 24 hour collapse

in the last 10 days I have purchased another unspectacular 21 ounces of stackable silver (Ag)...
partly because that small accrual will attract NO attention & the greater factor that 21 units is the top amount of the PM I could afford to buy

in the future.... sooner than later....

the China program to build new (unpopulated) cities... create internal transportation infrastructures, Dams/Mines/Bridges to the as yet vacant hub-of-industry... along with coal-fired electric generation plants (& damn-the-pollution) together with amassing other nations natural resources in the form of stockpiles of rare-Earth-Minerals and the massive accumulation of Gold Bullion will be a handful of factors which will make the future Yuan a more attractive currency to hold as a measure of tradable/transferable Wealth that the despised USD

Thanks for the reply. I think after reading it 2 or 3 times I found my answer: the long-term value of the yuan will prove closer to the truth than the current short-term USD hoarding.

NEVER go wrong buying precious metals (Au or Ag). Nice play.

To give the abridged version without caveats, I'll say the bond market will be a haven and very promising once the global manufacturing (e.g. Chinese building unpopulated cities) base hits a real bottom.

Although, I don't buy into geopolitics of economics as much as some do, it does have its place (namely the MidEast and to a lesser degree your pointing of Trans-pacific shipping lanes). Good talking to you.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

good quick read-between-the-lines partner....

and to anyone else that wants to glam on the long-view message....
look at this recent report...-> www.marketwatch.com...

the text kinda-sorta hints at the long-term prognosis but does Not firmly or clearly put the Fed actions in a trash can where their policy needs to be...

this is a controlled destruction venture by the USA Fed (i.e.: Global central bank) so instead of telegraphing the roadmap in stone the Fed worms around with semi-vague guidance for the masses to react to and await the real twists-&-turns that are allowed to 'play out' like the Fed actually anticipated the future directions and money movement of the (now-less-than-Dynamic) USAs economy

we got maybe 4-5 years... mostly because there will be a natural rotation of leadership change and a new Government getting started with a different Administration...goals & the ways & means to achieve the new goals envisioned

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
good read St Udio.....I'm watching this 2016 year....it's about to panic....from outside the usual global fundamental throws.....I meter the crashes by the instrument...GBP/JPY....it's the canary....beat the stock market fall in august 2008 by 20 minutes.....

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

USD will remain the Top-Dog for the near-term future

Although unconfirmed, it appears china is restricting the buying of USD within its borders. So with oil price at 1/3 its all time high and world trade negligible, the need for USD is now at an all time low. Its a bubble about to burst. So don't be surprised if USD collapses within next few months pushing gold and silver higher in its wake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join