It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanders Rocks The Democratic Debate By Dropping A Medicare For All Bomb In SC

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Lol listening to Americans talk about socialized healthcare like they know what they are talking about is hilarious. Adorable. There is nothing like watching people fight tooth and nail for the rights of the insurance industry to rape them. You couldn't make this stuff up.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

In a nation that now spends $3 trillion a year on health care – nearly $10,000 per person – Sanders’ plan would save consumers money by eliminating expensive and wasteful private health insurance.

I have mixed feelings about this. I can support a single-payer national healthcare plan that guarantees everyone can get the medical care they need when they need it; but not if private healthcare plans are totally eliminated. Several countries (like Australia and France, if I recall correctly) have public and private medical providers existing side-by-side. Given the ridiculous amounts of taxpayer dollars given to the healthcare industry as a whole, there is absolutely no excuse for so many people to lack appropriate healthcare. However, neither is there any good excuse for restricting anyone's access to healthcare from other sources.

The plan would save taxpayers money by dramatically reducing overall health care costs and bringing down skyrocketing prescription drug prices which are far greater in the United States than in any other country.

In my opinion, Big Pharma and their price-gouging (among other things) is the biggest challenge to making quality healthcare available to all. They are the epitome of "regulatory capture" and the "revolving door" between government regulatory agencies and private enterprise. If nothing else, I hope Bernie's proposal helps to inform the masses, and forces the issue in the public debate.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Oh so you like Obama care and see no need to improve it,

I hear a lot of people say it has been a real life saver!

Thanks for your very informative post!

Fascinating. My health insurance premiums increased roughly 10% a year from 2001 to 2008.

In 2009 they doubled.

They continue to increase 10% a year afterwards.

My co-pays do not cover the majority of costs, I owe more from every doctor's visit than I did before 2009.

Basically, Obamacare has been the opposite of beneficial in my experience.

I would love to see it repealed. I would love to see regulations on health insurance go away, and allow doctors to freely deal directly with their patients without middle-men insurance companies.

That would be *TRUE* single-payer.

Even more fascinating is Obama care rolled out Oct- 1, 2013...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Sander's wants to basically tax us all to death.

And all the other politicians currently running want to send our kids to wars to die in support of corporate profits. Where will the money from those wars come from???

I think I will take my chance with Sanders and know my kids will have healthcare.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
a reply to: greencmp

Really, at least pretend to be objective, it would help lend credibility.

You have been here long enough to know that certain people have preconceived or partisan ideas that will not be changed through debate.

Yup, and they seem to lean left.

Don't believe me? Look at your comments in this thread. You're ok with taking Obamacare further than it went, but most likely you'd be opposed to any other possible solutions.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yup, and they seem to lean left.

Honestly that just a matter of perception and nothing but a partisan opinion.

The topic is healthcare, not what you've heard before.

That's like me saying all republicans are crooks, because nixon was.

Sanders has not pledged his alliance to Goldman Sachs and Wall Street, Obama and Pelosi & many others did and they gaves Obummercare. Obummercare was and is for the corporates, not the people!

edit on 18-1-2016 by AlaskanDad because: changed corps to corporates

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Its just really funny how some Americans can completely block out the reality of the fact that every other 1st world country on earth has successfully implemented universal healthcare.

Its as if they just get stuck in there own heads when talking about subjects like universal healthcare and can no longer comprehend the fact that there are thriving societies living outside of the US of A.

Fact is, Americans would be paying far less though taxes for healthcare, if it had a federally regulated healthcare system... Every other 1st world country on this earth is evidence of this.

Then there's that other irrational misconception that some Americans have, which is that a universal healthcare system would require obliterating the private healthcare sector... which just really highlights the ignorance and paranoia involved in opposing a federally regulated healthcare system.

People seem to be so paranoid, that they believe if they gave the federal government the power to implement a free healthcare system, it would somehow result in the end of Freedom in America or something. As if the governments going to start rounding up Americans and marching them into fema camps... lol.

So all Americans just end up getting the ankle grab from the pharmaceutical, private medical and insurance industries, since they know Americans have no other choice.

The irrational paranoia of the American people is a guaranteed multi billion dollar a year industry... it would be hilarious, if so much people weren't needlessly suffering because of it.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

So, you rather be "forced" to adopt a policy that has bankrupted most nations adopting this same policy?...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

Be careful the pill pushers will have you addicted to big pharma medications for the rest of your life for now on.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

The increases began as soon as ACA was announced. I watched my health insurance costs increase at the same time. The insurance companies were 'preparing' for their increased costs as soon as they learned what ACA would cost them.

And I say this as a fan of universal healthcare. This stuff really happened.

What I worry about Medicare for all is do we get treated like current Medicare patients? I currently pay good money for health insurance, but I seem to have more options than Medicare patients. Which is something I enjoy. I enjoy the freedoms that I have with my insurance. It's very important when you have kids that were born with medical issues.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Clearly you've never visited a VA healthcare facility. Visit one, because that'll be your healthcare utopia. The motto will be "hurry up and die". You've now cease to be a patient, and become a burden.

Your delusional if you think some childlike moron like sanders is going to give people decent healthcare. Maybe when he stops saying "americerr" I believe he has a working plan.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Serious question here: Why the f*ck is health care even a campaign topic for any Democrat running for office when Obamacare was voted into law and "gifted" to the American public? Some democratic pols were even saying it was their party's greatest achievement.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head

Sanders seems to be a thinker and he has shown that he plans ahead.

That said do any of you doubt, that there was a correlation in both medicare for all and free universities.
There will be a need for more medical workers and professionals with everyone having healthcare.

We need lots of engineers and techs or will always be paying to import manufactured goods and technology.

And increased workers fixing our countries infrastructure, more middle class jobs.

All of these things would add jobs hence more taxpayers paying into the system.

Bernie has been talking about removing revolving door politics in both defence and banking; what about healthcare and pharmaceuticals??? I have no doubts Sanders has planned for this.

Of course we should really think of getting the gmo carcinogens out of our food supply, and the toxins out of the water, to keep healthcare costs down.

A sugar tax might be a great idea, a little less sugar might be good for the US and curb the diabetes epidemic.

Funny with a little thought this could be quite successful, but with corporate politicians working to wring as much profits as is possible for their overlords, not a chance.

Who know if congress is not being dysfunctional, we could see the most positive change the US of A has ever made.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I had to go to a hospital in France. I got in, had blood work and a CT (cat scan) done. I was in/out without any waiting around or being left to wonder if I was forgotten about. This was at one of the largest hospitals in Paris -- a huge city.

I have never been to a hospital and been seen so quickly, nor had I ever been to a hospital and been taken such good care of before.

On my way out I stopped at the reception area or whatever by the exit/entrance. I tried to give them my insurance information or basically just find out if I was OK to leave. After I said, "here's my insurance information just in case..." I got weird looks, and then they just kind of laughed at me an waved their hands like, "go go, get out of here".

I left with my blood work results as well as the brain scans on film for my doctors back home.

I had a better experience in a French, socialized hospital than I ever have had in an American hospital.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I know when Americans will get universal healthcare...

When Americans can somehow pretend and convince themselves that they invented it and that their healthcare system is far superior to everyone else's.

See, there's this little thing called "American exceptionalism" here in the good old USA. If we didn't invent it or come up with the idea -- it's crap. If we see something from another country we like, we "Americanize" it and pretend like we made it much better.

Americans never want to admit that every other 1st world country has something that works better than what we have. Americans would rather come up with all kinds of excuses, and peddle stupid and insane propaganda like "death panels" (you do realize your insurance company can deny procedures and medications, right? Isn't that kind of like a friggin death panel already folks?)...

Americans would rather lie to themselves about how much better their healthcare system is than try to overhaul it and make it a shining example to the world, and something to be admired and emulated.

Americans, if we didn't build or invent it -- it's crap!

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I like out Canadian health care system and see the American system as corrupt and immoral and from what I understand most of the money goes to insurance company profits. I'm glad if I ever get sick I won't go bankrupt in the process.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
Its just really funny how some Americans can completely block out the reality of the fact that every other 1st world country on earth has successfully implemented universal healthcare.

Its as if they just get stuck in there own heads when talking about subjects like universal healthcare and can no longer comprehend the fact that there are thriving societies living outside of the US of A.

Fact is, Americans would be paying far less though taxes for healthcare, if it had a federally regulated healthcare system... Every other 1st world country on this earth is evidence of this.

Then there's that other irrational misconception that some Americans have, which is that a universal healthcare system would require obliterating the private healthcare sector... which just really highlights the ignorance and paranoia involved in opposing a federally regulated healthcare system.

People seem to be so paranoid, that they believe if they gave the federal government the power to implement a free healthcare system, it would somehow result in the end of Freedom in America or something. As if the governments going to start rounding up Americans and marching them into fema camps... lol.

So all Americans just end up getting the ankle grab from the pharmaceutical, private medical and insurance industries, since they know Americans have no other choice.

The irrational paranoia of the American people is a guaranteed multi billion dollar a year industry... it would be hilarious, if so much people weren't needlessly suffering because of it.

I can understand that not living in the USA may not give you enough facts to judge the situation. You see...our government here in the US uses its power to control people and businesses to do it's bidding. They decide that soda is a bad thing and on their own decide to tax it into oblivion. Obama utilized the IRS to attack right-wing groups for political gain. Our State Department won't enforce the law when it pertains to illegal actions on the side of the democrats...Hillary Clinton, Mexico gun running, etc.

Our government is so corrupt that anything they have control over is used as a weapon against the people. They believe stealing from one person to give to another is a good thing. They believe that the citizens are ignorant and need to be dictated to instead of realizing that the citizens are supposed to be empowered. Until you know where the USA really is, until you see the corruption...it is difficult to see why the majority of us don't trust our government at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lanisius
Serious question here: Why the f*ck is health care even a campaign topic for any Democrat running for office when Obamacare was voted into law and "gifted" to the American public? Some democratic pols were even saying it was their party's greatest achievement.

Because those candidates are bought out by corporations.

Sanders is an independent. He's running for the Democratic nomination, because we all know running as an Independent never works in Presidential campaigns. Hell, most of the Democrats don't even like the man.

The DNC is filled with friends of Hillary and will do anything to get her elected it seems. Just look at the ridiculous attack they attempted recently with the data breach. Funny everyone involved worked for Bill or Hillary in past campaigns, which includes the company's CEO that had the "software glitch".

Bernie is a pure grassroots politician, just look at his past voting record and ideologies. I haven't supported any presidential candidate ever in my life. All you ever get from these bought out politicians is empty rhetoric. Nobody has been as transparent as Bernie has in all my days.
edit on 19-1-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Don't forget, the entire House of Representatives is up for reelection every 2 years. And 33 or 34 Senators are up for election every 2 years. So all of those seats can be replaced in this election cycle, too.

So yeah, Bernie may not be able to get anything passed in this Republican majority Congress. But he doesn't have to, because Congress's makeup can be very different after the 2016 elections. But people who support him need to seriously push for and support progressive candidates in those elections, too.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lanisius

Because the ACA doesn't go nearly far enough. It wasn't single payer, which is what a lot of us wanted. It wasn't universal healthcare, though it could've reached universal healthcare status if the individual States would've picked up their end of the bargain (like expanding Medicaid). And it didn't even include the "Public Option" that was promised and desired.

Instead we got the watered down program we have today. Even when it was first passed, Democratic leadership kept telling us not to worry because it was just the beginning & could be improved over time. Well, time's up. lol A single payer system like "Medicare For All" would've been better from the beginning, anyway.

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join