It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina YouTube Democratic Debate Discussion Thread

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
They convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that voting republican was the right thing to do!

Sander's wants to basically tax us all to death. That dead horse has been beat to a new level of death! Nothing is free, the middle class can not take another blow and if the super rich keep getting taxed they will pull the plug and opt to other countries leaving us with nothing. (that's already happening a little more push and poof no more businesses) I know many people have a problem with the wealthy - but you better think long and hard about who you vote for and what the consequences will be long term.

Hillary is...laughable.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Annee

No your being a pessimist, . . .

Definition of pessimism: feeling or belief that bad things will happen in the future : a feeling or belief that what you hope for will not happen.

I did not indicate anything like that

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
If you do nothing, you will get nothing. Consigning yourself to an unpleasant fate is nothing more than apathy, something which I am personally quite familiar with.

How is change from within nothing? How is that resigning to an unpleasant fate?

You are injecting your fears.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Yeah, I mean look at all that taxing. If you earn less than $250K per year your income taxes go up by a whole zero percent! Crazy, right?

Oh, right, you know that awesome history America is so proud of? Here's what the top marginal tax rate was back then.
Click me.

Right, so.

Trump - Useless wall, international embarassment, (World War Three?)
Carson - Absolute insanity. Grain storage silos now shaped like pyramids?
Cruz - Theocracy.
Everyone else - No idea.

Rand Paul - The only relatively sane option.

edit on 18/1/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
They convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that voting republican was the right thing to do!

Sander's wants to basically tax us all to death. That dead horse has been beat to a new level of death! Nothing is free, the middle class can not take another blow and if the super rich keep getting taxed they will pull the plug and opt to other countries leaving us with nothing. (that's already happening a little more push and poof no more businesses) I know many people have a problem with the wealthy - but you better think long and hard about who you vote for and what the consequences will be long term.

Hillary is...laughable.

So which Republican is going to save us?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Money is the illusion of power, Look at the French Revolution for example, no amount of finances could save the Monarchy from losing their heads once the public got sick of their BS. All it takes is for enough people to stop complying with the status quo and you start to see where the real power lies.

Donald Trump is an example considering the political establishment on both sides completely hates him and has been trying to shut him out for months, yet he is still one of the most popular US presidential candidates. This is where the disconnect between the ruling class (politicians) and the people really starts to shine.
edit on 18-1-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

Money is the illusion of power, look at the French Revolution for example, no amount of finances could save the Monarchy from losing their heads once the public got sick of their BS. All it takes is for enough people to stop complying with the status quo and you start to see where the real power lies.

As "they" say ---- the rest of the story.

This thread is not about the French Revolution.

The following thread is: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

For once, a post of yours I agree with. Another example is Sanders. While the establishment tries to run a smear campaign against Trump (if he's a genuine candidate, still not sure), up until recently there was basically a total blackout on Bernie. I believe ABC gave him 20 seconds of air time for the entirety of 2015? (Trump was roughly 80 minutes.)

Nick Hanauer, a plutocrat billionaire, basically said that if something wasn't done about the inequality Americans face today, that in the future he saw "pitchforks."

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Bernie is change from within (utilising the political system), or at least the closest thing to that we will get. A peaceful, democratic change resulting from voters exercising their rights. If we lose him as an option, and someone else does not step up to take the plate, the only thing in the future I see is violent revolution.

Money might have power, but when it comes to politics, when people come together, they have more.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Bernie is change from within (utilising the political system), or at least the closest thing to that we will get. A peaceful, democratic change resulting from voters exercising their rights. If we lose him as an option, and someone else does not step up to take the plate, the only thing in the future I see is violent revolution.

Money might have power, but when it comes to politics, when people come together, they have more.

Good luck to you.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

We'd be more successful if people like you would take the leap with us.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I don't know why you wouldn't, honestly. Bernie is the ideal, and an ideal we have an opportunity to fight for. An ideal that has already taken flight. Perhaps he fails, but what do you lose? There are no better options at this time. Who will change the establishment "from within?" Clinton? Trump? Ted Cruz?

Relevant.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   

We'd be more successful if people like you would take the leap with us.

I will only say: you can't make change if you aren't elected.

Time will tell.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Actually, you can. Bernie is more than a presidential candidate, or a person, he is an idea. Even if he is not elected through some foul happenstance or Diabolus Ex Machina, the seeds for the future have already been sown and watered.

The difference is, will the uber wealthy end up losing a very minor portion of their fortune, or will they end up with their heads on the end of a stick?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

. . . he is an idea.

Been there, done that.

60s, 70s, 80s.

edit on 18-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Oh and thanks, was originally a character I made in champions, converted to this image by someone on ATS because they thought it would be interesting and good practice.

Off topic I know, but Champions Online? I have a lifetime to that one.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: IAMTAT

She looks terrible....

O'Mall is not bad tonight.....

she said "black" not African American. ...

African American is the "PC" term.

Should we be PC?

As a liberal you get to decide.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: IAMTAT

She looks terrible....

O'Mall is not bad tonight.....

she said "black" not African American. ...

African American is the "PC" term.

Should we be PC?

As a liberal you get to decide.

I'm not a liberal and I couldn't care less about all of this PC nonsense. Both sides of that debate are wrong, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

Yep champions online
Haven't played in forever though, no money and refuse to use their templates. Sorry for the off topic.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Punisher75

Yep champions online
Haven't played in forever though, no money and refuse to use their templates. Sorry for the off topic.

-off topic:
I touch in periodically but on the regular at all myself. I don't blame you on the archetype thing, there is always one ability that is in another tree that you just have to have, for RP purposes. LOL

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join