It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Favourite Cheese?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

I didn't realize that (even though they wrote it right there...i've never noticed what it said after the first few words, just thinking it was "we only ship inside the US" type thing).

Damn.

Sorry. But you can likely find similar things in other areas. Check this site out (another site I've ordered from):

www.dibruno.com...

I get cured meats from them, and have ordered a couple of cheeses in the past that I liked. They have some truffled cheeses.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: forkedtongue
YES!!!! Can you imagine that in macaroni and cheese? Bliss!

I just ate, but you are making me hungry!!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

My husband and I both love good cheeses there are too many to pick just one.
Extra sharp cheddar,bleu cheese and swiss are the ones we eat the most.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
What's the weirdest cheese you've all ever tried?

I had some lovely ash cured goat Brie a while back, which was acidic and delicious, but strange to me at the time.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Mmm. Squeeze cheese.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: forkedtongue
YES!!!! Can you imagine that in macaroni and cheese? Bliss!

I have a mac and cheeses recipe that specifically says use the sharpest Cheddar you can find. They recommend Cabot's, but we've used several different kinds including a raw milk one.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
What's the weirdest cheese you've all ever tried?

I had some lovely ash cured goat Brie a while back, which was acidic and delicious, but strange to me at the time.

Not me but my step dad

Casu marzu is a traditional Sardinian sheep milk cheese, notable for containing live insect larvae.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I used to put provolone on sandwiches, but a few months ago tried some smoked gouda. It makes a difference and is very good imo. Provolone is good too though.
Homemade ricotta is good. Cant compare fresh homemade ricotta to store bought, so much of a difference, really cant compare it, and its so easy to make. Really good for whatever calls for ricotta. Can add different things to it like herbs or lemon zest, etc... and add it depending on what your making to add to the flavor. But its so much better than store bought. And pretty much no difference in price once you get the kosher salt and white wine vinegar because those can be used multiple times over.

I just use (there's other recipes out there but I do this)
4 cups whole milk
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoon kosher salt
4 tablespoons white wine vinegar (not regular white vinegar, but white wine vinegar)

a stainless steel or non-reactive pot (why? something to do with science, so it says online, idk)
cheesecloth or a nut milk bag
something to catch the liquid as it drains

this makes about 2 cups

bring the whole milk, heavy cream and kosher salt slowly to a boil, add the white wine vinegar. turn off heat, let it separate, or curdle, then pour it into nut milk bag. the longer it strains, the thicker it will be, so do it to whatever thickness you like.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

No maggot cheese for me, please!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: C84K2

Thanks for the recipe, I've never seen ricotta made this way. We usually make it from the whey when we make mozzarella.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

a reply to: C84K2

Thanks for the recipe, I've never seen ricotta made this way. We usually make it from the whey when we make mozzarella.

Ohh, nice. I've never made it that way, and you get 2 cheeses from 1 batch. Ill have to look it up. Im guessing fresh homemade mozzarella is better than store bought too.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

a reply to: [post=20268850]chr0naut[/st]

What is a muso?

A musician.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
#1 havarti

#2 extra sharp cheddar

#3 mont jack

I used to work in a deli and honestly all cheeses are amazing when paired correctly but i do love Havarti because it isn't too strong and has a nice buttery taste and it can be used on almost everything.

Extra sharp is amazing with roast beef and horseradish dipped in au jus however the extra sharp needs to be cut thin as its pretty strong.

My wife uses Monterrey jack for everything its a mild cheese used in a lot of home made Mexican dishes

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Coeur de Lion is a brand, that market a few different types of cheese- (camembert, coulommiers, and brie)

At this time my favorite cheese is Beaufort- melted or not, it is delish.
In a general way, I am addicted to chèvre (goat cheese). In our area the traditional goat cheese is the Picodon.
We eat at least a little everyday.

Funny, because when I first came to France, my husband had me taste one and I actually spit it out, on the street, in the middle of the market. It took me a long time to get used to the strong cheeses! Now I appreciate them though- the stinkier the better.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Gorgonzola with a steak is amazing.

My girlfriend does these crispy bacon, brie and mango salsa sandwiches, might sound weird but they're awesome.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I can't say I've had one I didn't like. Top of the list would probably be smoked cheddar. I also have a thing for bleu cheese with candied pecans. Sounds weird, but it is a yummy combo.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   

as i get older - i have become increasingly snobish in my choice of cheese

and i find myself backed into an increasinly expensive and shrinking choice of suppliers who buy from small creameries with a low volume and regional market .

dont get me started on what 99% of american production attempts to pass off as " cheese "

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
My favourite cheese would have to be walnut cheese. It is a soft cheese with walnuts in it (obviously) and I think it only comes from Germany. Or smoked cheeses they are usually great.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I don't think I have ever turned down any cheese at any time ... a good cracker, wine and cheese such a heavenly combo.

I had a moment when I was 16 sitting at a family party squeezed into a corner alone (I wanted to be somewhere anywhere but there) ...then something happened I found myself enjoying the smell of something pungent
something nutty and so stinky, sitting in front of me was a table filled with cheeses wines fruits and crackers.

Then that was pretty much it for me wine and cheese... hooked I was!

I haven't had many chances to enjoy cheese and paired wine that way I did that night, but it's always been a very sweet memory for me.

Everyone has their own taste buds cheese is personal.

LOVE a good English Farmhouse Cheddar still trying to figure out what to sip with it??

Gorgonzola .....with Valpollicella or a Chianti = heaven to me.

Auricchio Provolone with Barolo. With garlic bruschetta topped with roasted red peppers in a very good EV olive oil.

Chavrie with Italian Prosecco

One of my very favorite things that I have eaten with cheese recently
mixed baby spring greens.. roasted beets .. dried cranberry.. honey-roasted pecans or walnuts.. roasted sun flower seeds.. thinly sliced red onion ..and chavrie salad with a raspberry dressing ...... so very very good.

It's naughty and personal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join