It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Favourite Cheese?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My significant other and I recieved a strangely beautiful and expensive cheeseboard for Christmas. So we're saying f@$k the lactose intolerance, once a month we're having a cheese night.

So I need suggestions for delicious cheeses to try. My favourite cheese is Coeur de Lion, which is like...the Cracker Barrel of France. Today I discovered they have a delightful mini version.

Super creamy and buttery. Mm.

Sooo? What's your cheese?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Any!!!!!!! As long as there is wine.....

I love me some Colby jack!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Did someone say cheese?

I like smoked Gouda, Muenster, Brie, feta ... I think about the only kind I don't like is Swiss.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh yea!!!! Swiss!!! Yummmmmy.....

Or cheese "pizza"......

Score

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I love bleu cheese on a burger and in a salad other than that I love all fromage!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Cheese! I like cheese. I even like cutting the cheese (pick any meaning of that you want). I like any kind of cheese. Cheese with bacon is good. Cheese with a bit of spice, with jalapeno peppers is excellent.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Try finding some good charcuterie and possibly mixing the two.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Blue-vein Brie at room temperature served on Pear or Peach slices and with a little Maple Syrup (not the fake stuff) trickled over it. Better than chocolate.

Oh, and some Galway Pipe port, reclining in front of an open fire with some smooth Jazz playing.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Home made goat cheese mmmmm

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I like Pepper Jack, and Habanero Jack even more so.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

My favourite is good old fashioned English Cheddar. Mature, extra mature, it's all the same to me. It melts like nothing else on the face of the world, and I love it. It goes brilliantly with all my favourite dishes, and honestly, if they tax oxygen at some point, I won't mind as long as they stop taxing people who like a bit of English Cheddar.

That being said, I did have a particularly pleasant experience with some Wensleydale and date cheese, which had gone just slightly off, to the point where the fruit was turning alcoholic inside the cheese. That was a special night. I had it with crackers, piled high with the stuff, and drizzled with a fine port I happened to have to hand. I was utterly hammered, and well fed that night!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The cheese we often use for grilled cheese is Red Leicester. Mmm.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We usually make gravlax, and a friend up the road has a gorgeous meat shop, so we're never far from " treat meat".

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I prefer Cheddar, the sharper the better...
We do a cheese platter at every holiday gathering and I am surprised at the
number of people who don't like sharp cheddar!

edit on 17-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: (no reason given)

Also, I have learned, it is important to let some cheeses come to room temp before consuming.,...
edit on 17-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: more specific

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

We're not really the Jazz types. We'll try out some blue Brie while listening to The Arkells, or Queen.

edit on 17-1-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

They're obviously crazy! It's one thing to not enjoy cheese in general, but to specifically not like sharp cheddar? Who raises these people!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Admittedly I a know very little about the different types of cheeses, and have tried even less.

I am very interested in trying different kinds, but I can't get past the incredibly high price of many of them for such a small portion (although I would prefer a small portion if i'm just trying it).

I've only tried a small handful of different cheeses, all of which are very common. Cheddar, Swiss, Mozzarella, Brie, Ricotta, and Parmesan are the ones i've tried individually.

I would say mozzarella would be my favorite so far

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i have this big book of cheeses that I thumb through from time to time. I like a nice cheese block with fruit. I also like a cheese block with a charcuterie block.

My favorite cheese is a creamy goat cheese. But for a cheese block, I like something like a nice bleu to go with the fruit. Maybe a roquefort, or some other "blue". I usually will depend on the vendor to make a recommndation based on inventory (i use Veldhuizen Cheese, a small company here in Texas, for my fine cheeses). I really like a danish blue with marinated pears.

Im also a fan of some of the cheddars you can find. A smoked cheddar or chipotle cheddar is nice with nuts or mushrooms. Not as good with wine, though.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I DON'T KNOW!!!!!

The SAME conversation I have with "the old man"!!!!

My oldest daughter LOVES "hot" cheese...

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Secret....we know someone in the cheese department of our local grocery store, so they will usually set aside things that are about to go 50% off if they happen to be working when we grocery shop.

So we usually get to try things for cheaper.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join