It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Officers Wounded, Suspect Killed After Shootout in Utah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, not much right now. A woman may still be at large. Let's keep an eye on this. Seems just to be random.

Investigators were still trying to determine what led to the confrontation in Holladay, just south of Salt Lake City, Bell said. It happened Sunday morning after an officer stumbled onto a non-fatal traffic accident at 11:51 a.m. ET and discovered that two people had left the accident on foot.

Officers were then dispatched to search for the suspects, Bell said, adding: "The next thing that happens is one of our officers is shot." A second officer was also shot, as was the suspect, who was pronounced dead at the scene, Bell said.

A resident told NBC station KSL that he heard a gunshot and saw an officer lying in the driveway; less than a minute later, he heard a barrage of gunfire. "Breathe, stay with us," a neighbor recalled hearing fellow officers telling their injured colleague.

LINK

edit on 17-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Here is another website with tweets, piks and video.

www.ksl.com...

Prayers with the officers.....

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

1 police officer dead, another wounded after Utah gunfight

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Saddens me....

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

The Salt Lake County Sheriff's Office said Sunday that 31-year-old Cory Lee Henderson had a prior criminal record but did not go into further details.

Sheriff Jim Winder says Henderson was being sought by a gang task force and had a "propensity" for possession of weapons.

Authorities say Henderson fled the scene of a traffic accident and then fatally shot Unified police Officer Douglas Barney.

Career criminal, and I bet the weapon(s) were obtained illegally. ...

abcn.ws...

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Wow, crickets.

That was so sad, "Breathe, stay with us".

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

#so true ... I guess it is the age we live in. No more shocking than a new baby on the way from a Kardashian. ... sadly....

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I live just up the street from this. In the two years we've been here we've seen a huge upswing in violent crimes. There not gang related just individuals that are broken. I had a stupid kid pull a gun on me last year thinkin he was a badass. I challenged him and luckily it was a bb gun. Two days later he was shot and killed in the street behind my house by someone that didn't ask questions.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: iwontrun

Wow, IWR...that's crazy and glad you are ok.

Kids these says

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader
a reply to: intrptr

#so true ... I guess it is the age we live in. No more shocking than a new baby on the way from a Kardashian. ... sadly....

Imo, More to it than that. We are subjected to official propaganda on many levels, the way people used to present on subjects like this seems to have evaporated. Either lots of people are driving official agendas or as a lot they are really shallow and frivolous.

Last year this was ten page thread, this year… 'ah well, dead cops, meh'.
edit on 18-1-2016 by intrptr because: additional

top topics

join