It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ending Poverty is Impossible without Globalization

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: DBCowboy

So your against laws against people raping your wife or children? There's a balance between totalitarianism and freedom that must be maintained. Complete freedom is anything but.

So you equate freedom with my wife and kids getting raped. Classy.

Yes, there is a balance to be maintained, too bad you side for the comfort of totalitarianism.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
How so? I said I'd fight against slavery, sweatshops and your example which was the systematic rape of young boys.

You were the first to bring rape into this. Is it suddenly ok cause it's not your family? Cause that was the prime cultural example you gave. Your the one equating freedom to rape since you have a problem with me telling them no.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

That chaos is going to happen anyway, is just a matter of how long we want to drag it out til we get there. We're heading straight for collapse. We can try to do this in a controlled fashion, or fight it screaming tooth and nail til it happens anyway. One way has a lot more death because it includes everyone who died fighting to prevent this inevitable collapse first.

Do you honestly think our current economy is sustainable? Answer me that.

I think most of us recognize that it is circling the drain.

We agree on most things economic, especially how it should serve everyone not just the wealthy.

What we disagree on is the need for a world wide tyranny.

At least the many smaller tyrants we have now keep eachother in check.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Has anyone tried presenting a single solution to one of the problems they point out or it just them picking a part every detail of the message your trying to convey?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Most people don't get any of those benefits thanks to temp services and part time jobs that allow them to skirt those issues.

And many more people had full-time jobs before the government stepped in after the 2008 market correction to "help" everyone because the government obviously knows best.

Don't lecture me on how people do and don't get to have full-time work. I lost my own full-time position in that crash and have been stuck in part-time hell ever since. Not much work for editors here.

But unlike many, I connect the dots beyond A to B and go outwards to C, D, E, F and G. I also learn from history, and I don't lost sight of how my government has "helped" me over the past decade or so.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

How so? I said I'd fight against slavery, sweatshops and your example which was the systematic rape of young boys.

You were the first to bring rape into this. Is it suddenly ok cause it's not your family? Cause that was the prime cultural example you gave. Your the one equating freedom to rape since you have a problem with me telling them no.

You're for totalitarianism simply because YOU want to define pay scales and define a class system to suit your world view. You get to dictate morality to every culture, you want to define laws that don't take into account religious or cultural differences.

it's globalists who would see to the destruction of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights. You'd define free speech and gun rights, you'd define pay scales and what people are worth.

You'd stifle innovation and create a global slave-system to your one-world government.

link   
a reply to: onequestion

Pretty much. I keep asking for alternate solutions. I keep giving the actual problem, and main goal, and asking for a solution other than globalization. But no one seems to have one.

No one has or seems to care about global entities taking advantage of it's global status to get around and abuse all the non global nations of the world or finding ways to rein them in.

link   
My solution?

Instead of playing global tyrant and imposing what you think is the be-all, end-all solution to society, work one-by-one, starting with yourself and change each individual. If society is built of better people, then it won't matter what institutions we all choose to involve ourselves in, we will each be making individually ethical/moral choices which makes for a better society.

In other words, stop practicing trickle down morality and seek to build it from the ground up.

And yes, I know. My way is hard and you actually have to work at it and it will take years, decades, maybe centuries. But it doesn't necessarily involve any genocide or rape or economic system reset or anything like that.
edit on 17-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I can agree with that.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Seeing as slavery actually exists today thanks to the global power you worship that is the banking and corporate elite you have no leg to stand on accusing me of wanting to create a world of slaves. Unlike me, the people you worship are already doing it for a fact.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Seeing as slavery actually exists today thanks to the global power you worship that is the banking and corporate elite you have no leg to stand on accusing me of wanting to create a world of slaves. Unlike me, the people you worship are already doing it for a fact.

You'd create the same system, only change the slave masters.

Fail.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Reminds be of a De-motivational poster.

Idiocy: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

And

Teamwork: Because no one of us is as dumb as all of us.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

They just refuse to admit wrong or are just pedantic.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
My solution?

Instead of playing global tyrant and imposing what you think is the be-all, end-all solution to society, work one-by-one, starting with yourself and change each individual. If society is built of better people, then it won't matter what institutions we all choose to involve ourselves in, we will each be making individually ethical/moral choices which makes for a better society.

In other words, stop practicing trickle down morality and seek to build it from the ground up.

And yes, I know. My way is hard and you actually have to work at it and it will take years, decades, maybe centuries. But it doesn't necessarily involve any genocide or rape or economic system reset or anything like that.

Well, America as it is, has played the global tyrant for the last 50 years. As the primary capitalist nation, we have also invaded and destroyed more countries than, Iran, Iraq, Russia and North Korea combined.

At the same time, the same people who have directed government towards this policy are also the people pushing for globalism.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The only thing I see is that the banking and corporate elite are also the globalists.

It's a bummer

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The folks for globalization want it by force (admitted) and are for imperialism (admitted) and are for a dissolution of a variety of cultures (admitted).

And then you turn around and want to define it as freedom???

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have a solution, but it seems that its not in vogue anymore. It goes starts off something like this...

*clears throat*

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America..."

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Sociopaths, Psychopaths, and Narcissists will always exist, and they are the ones who seek power, you can't "better" them like that and have to account for it.

People, good people, decent people are simple, they don't want or need all that power. We'll never be ruled by those who actually care about us. Heck I could never be this totalitarian overlord you all think I am, because I have no ambition for power at all. The only thing I want or am asking for is the ability to create a world wide constitution to prevent narcissists, sociopaths, and psychopaths from gaming the system and screwing us all.

Why? Because I'm a simple decent person who's frustrated with the system and it's abuse by such people. All I want or need is shelter, basic entertainment, family, friends, food and time to spend with those friends and family. You know what, that's all most people want.

Meanwhile we gleefully support and make excuses for a system that uses and allows for child slavery. This whole topic makes me sick. I'm taking a step away for a bit.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: yesyesyes

Globalists and globalization are two different things. All globalization means at it's most basic definition is a world without borders.

There's multiple ways to go about it. Don't confuse one way with the only way.

So tired of supporting globalization meaning supporting corporate control of it.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: 83Liberty
There's plenty of resources, renewable resource and we have the technology to use it.

There's plenty of some resources, but water would be an issue, and the amount of land needed to feed everyone. Who's going to pay for it all to be implemented and maintained? The ones with the money certainly aren't.

originally posted by: onequestion
It looks like we don't have enough resources right now because we are acting like drug addicts culturally. We just can't get enough.

So because of this all of our current resources are being mismanaged.

And we will continually act like drug addicts culturally, I can't see that changing, it's getting worse in fact with being to easily buy rubbish from the internet etc. Even if we do change and become more sustainable, that doesn't provide water and food etc to the millions in Ethiopia for example.

Don't get me wrong I wish we could end poverty, but in doing we would have to dramatically lower the standards of our lives, rape the world of more resources, and force people to give up their money. And certainly until we have sustainable world population growth.

Sorry for not sharing your optimism. I still have a little faith, though can't see it changing in my lifetime.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join