It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ending Poverty is Impossible without Globalization

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: forkedtongue

Obviously part of such a system is bringing cash back to equivalent worth. As a globally enforced economy, 15 dollars should be 15 dollars in worth everywhere.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: ketsuko

Humans operating as a unit is the next step in our evolutionary change.

At this point we will be able to focus our resources on developing AI, exploring the deeper parts of the cosmos and mastering control of the elements.

I don't think so.

We are individuals for a reason.

If we were meant to be one unit we would have a hive mind like ants.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You don't know what being humans means.

Give me a break.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

How do you know we don't have a hive like mind?

None of us know anything about what we are or are suppose to be!

Don't even try to sell me that line of bs.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

We're not talking about laws to regulate people, we're talking corporate and bank regulations as well as human rights.

Or are you fine with slavery and sweatshops as a culturally protected trait? I'm not, and yeah, I'd be willing to kill and die to make that stand if I had the backing to make that change. I'm not going to one man suicide for it though.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Currently, Afghanistan men rape young boys and for them, it is culturally acceptable.

Would your one-world government recognize cultural practices that the rest of the civilized world find repulsive?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

How do you know we don't have a hive like mind?

None of us know anything about what we are or are suppose to be!

Don't even try to sell me that line of bs.

Um because it is obvious we don't.....

We are all individuals

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

originally posted by: ketsuko

And what should that wage be and in what currency?

I always wonder why people ask such questions. Without our first setting up a means to enforce this, is impossible to determine such things. We'd need to know the state of the world after setting up a system to make such changes, as well as what other regulations are in place.

This is a brainstorming session and debate. What you ask would require me to write up an entire constitution, and know the rough estimate of the economic status of every country, bank, corporation and business in the world to answer.

I ask because I want you to think about it.

Because of all those things you mentioned, imposing a global minimum wage is grossly impractical without a period of chaos approaching WWIII first.

You are basically giving me the same answer as to why global command economies do not work, and why a nationwide imposition of a $15 minimum wage even in the US is terribly impractical.

Living standards from state to state are terribly uneven. In some places, it is much cheaper to live than in others. So a person making a $15 minimum in Iowa lives to a much different standard than one making the same amount in a place like New York or LA.

Now consider imposing that kind of minimum wage in a place like Nairobi ... You'd make someone fairly wealthy by comparison.

Of course, because each economy is tuned to the local price structure, you would also destroy most of them in most third world countries as businesses, especially small local ones, could not pay their workers. The only possible game in town would be work for the very large businesses you hate because they would be only ones who could POSSIBLY absorb that kind of cost of labor and even then, they would suffer a hiring slowdown.

So, in world without legal labor because no one could actually afford to pay anyone what you are legally forcing them to, how do you enforce your laws? You would have massive black markets that are really just the old economies because people would have to survive somehow.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You don't know what being humans means.

Give me a break.

Well that's not insulting at all.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I just said I'd fight and die for human rights issues such as slavery, so what do you think my opinion on such is?

I don't think that multiculturalism is more important than human rights. So yeah, I'm personally not going to accept, "It's my culture" as an acceptable excuse for every depraved action under the sun.

That being said, that's not actually what this is about, the main focus here is a global regulated and enforced economic system with constitutionally inbuilt human rights protections.

It's not actually about micromanaging every facet of government. My goal is to create an economy not so easily taken advantage of by dodging regulations meant to protect the people.

Your trying to muddy the issue by bringing in things not actually related to the economy and work force.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

We're not talking about laws to regulate people, we're talking corporate and bank regulations as well as human rights.

Or are you fine with slavery and sweatshops as a culturally protected trait? I'm not, and yeah, I'd be willing to kill and die to make that stand if I had the backing to make that change. I'm not going to one man suicide for it though.

I won't ever own any apple products because of exactly that.

But if it works for the Chinese who are we to demand they do it differently?

If the Chinese people wanted it differently they would have it.

All they would have to do is through off their chains.

It should be easy, it is only China, and throwing off a world tyranny would be easy according to you.

So they must want it to be this way right?

Or is throwing off tryranical rule for an unarmed populous in fact all but impossible like some of us keep saying?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The entire world is inter-twined with the central bank system.

All nations are in debt.

How did that happen?

World Debt Clockers

edit on Jan-17-2016 by xuenchen because: sorosism

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That's why we'd need an economic reset to do this. Let's face it our global economy is broke. It cannot be fixed. We need to reset, redefine currency, a create a constitution with regulations that cannot be circumvented by corrupt business practices.

We keep bandaiding an unfixable problem, we need to amputate and start over with everyone in mind.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Yes or no, do you think the US government is corrupt?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

That's why we'd need an economic reset to do this. Let's face it our global economy is broke. It cannot be fixed. We need to reset, redefine currency, a create a constitution with regulations that cannot be circumvented by corrupt business practices.

We keep bandaiding an unfixable problem, we need to amputate and start over with everyone in mind.

Economic reset?! Have you any idea the kind of chaos, blood, death on a massive scale that would ensue, and the very same people you want to do this in the name of will be the ones who suffer and die the most?

Somehow, I think you romanticize this without really thinking this through.

Maybe you should go watch the opening scenes of something like Go Saving Private Ryan and then consider that's what you're consigning a good chunk of the world's poorest people too and the rest will starve to death or be raped, murdered and otherwise killed in various nasty ways in the name of trying to implement your grand utopian vision.

Oh, and then there are still going to be those of us who resist it. And I think you already stated that "sacrifices must be made ..."

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Absolutely. Is why we need to keep trying, evolving, looking for better. The more we try the more we'll see what works and what doesn't, each time, if we learn from the last, there will be with tweeking a harder and harder to corrupt system. But that can only happen if we're willing to start over and re-tweek.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Oh god you find that insulting?

Why don't you just admit it?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

That chaos is going to happen anyway, is just a matter of how long we want to drag it out til we get there. We're heading straight for collapse. We can try to do this in a controlled fashion, or fight it screaming tooth and nail til it happens anyway. One way has a lot more death because it includes everyone who died fighting to prevent this inevitable collapse first.

Do you honestly think our current economy is sustainable? Answer me that.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Oh god you find that insulting?

Why don't you just admit it?

What is your problem?

I disagree with you, so what?
edit on 17-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That chaos is going to happen anyway, is just a matter of how long we want to drag it out til we get there. We're heading straight for collapse. We can try to do this in a controlled fashion, or fight it screaming tooth and nail til it happens anyway. One way has a lot more death because it includes everyone who died fighting to prevent this inevitable collapse first.

Do you honestly think our current economy is sustainable? Answer me that.

The current government? No.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join