It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ending Poverty is Impossible without Globalization

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That's what the move to a cashless society is all about. If we don't have cash, we can't buy or sell without being part of the system.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

And we have all pointed out how there are some big problems inherent in your solution and asked you how you solve them and justify them.

You repeatedly side-step those questions.

And now it's our fault.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

We never said don't try, but we are saying that your solution may be as much of a problem as what we currently have.

And you responses seem to indicate that you are well aware of that simply don't care which to me is just as inhumane.

edit on 17-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's defeatist and inhumane not to try.

Striving to be better should always be a goal. Eliminating all may not be possible, it also may be, but to not try to improve things at all is defeatism pure and simple.

Things can get better. To not try is well, lazy and defeatist and the height of pessimism.

It's not defeatist. It's looking at the situation practically.

You cannot change human nature with a global law or global rule.

People will always exploit other people in order to better themselves.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I recognize those problems but don't see any other way. Sometimes sacrifices are necessary.

I told you what the end goal was, if you can give me a way to regulate the borderless corporations, businesses and banks without removing borders that's truly enforceable I'm all ears. Because if we can't remove their ability to just skirt human rights by shifting locations, then things can only continue to get worse.
edit on 1/17/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So what? Screw it, dog eat dog? Don't even try to look out for others? If that's the world I live in, can't wait to not exist.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

a reply to: forkedtongue

Sweat shops and slave labor exists. Why do you assume I only care about workers in the US? Would minimum wage and human rights protections not help them?

Since a MW of $0.35 an hour in China might help them maybe they should give it a go, but it would change nothing here.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

If every nation had the same equivalent minimum wage it would help everyone. And once again I'm not self centered enough to think only of my own country. If you haven't guessed I'm not very nationalistic. I see every human as my brother and sister regardless of origin or ethnicity.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

How does removing borders fix that? You seem to think it is the borders that create the cultures, but removing them all tomorrow will not remove the cultures and various different socio-religious groups.

The USSR tried for years to homogenize its people by forcibly uprooting various groups from one place to another, and it still did not work, no matter how many of them they killed in the attempt.

So how many of us are you willing to sacrifice?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

And what should that wage be and in what currency?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So what? Screw it, dog eat dog? Don't even try to look out for others? If that's the world I live in, can't wait to not exist.

By all means, push for your imperialism.

But just a caveat, there will be everyone else pushing back.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It's not cultures that's the problem I'm dealing with, it's laws and regulations that to properly protect the people of our world need to be global.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Humans operating as a unit is the next step in our evolutionary change.

At this point we will be able to focus our resources on developing AI, exploring the deeper parts of the cosmos and mastering control of the elements.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

If every nation had the same equivalent minimum wage it would help everyone. And once again I'm not self centered enough to think only of my own country. If you haven't guessed I'm not very nationalistic. I see every human as my brother and sister regardless of origin or ethnicity.

But that ignores quite a lot of things like for example, in China $15,000 a year is a lot, in America it is not.

They don't live like us, nor do they appear to want to, otherwise they would.

Since it is so easy for an unarmed populous to just rise up against a totalitarian regime as you have said right?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It's not cultures that's the problem I'm dealing with, it's laws and regulations that to properly protect the people of our world need to be global.

But now you moved the goalposts, earlier in the thread you said we had to be one people which implies homogeneity. And you also said we didn't need a global governance which we certainly must have in order to have any kind of actual enforcement behind these laws and regulations you previously claimed we did not need.

But back to the question ... What wage in what currency?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And what should that wage be and in what currency?

I always wonder why people ask such questions. Without our first setting up a means to enforce this, is impossible to determine such things. We'd need to know the state of the world after setting up a system to make such changes, as well as what other regulations are in place.

This is a brainstorming session and debate. What you ask would require me to write up an entire constitution, and know the rough estimate of the economic status of every country, bank, corporation and business in the world to answer.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

It is way over your head. You are completely missing the point she is trying to make.

We won't need a government if we choose to begin operating as a single unit rather than being so nuclear.
edit on 1/17/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I demand a solution now or your perspective is invalid!

Untrue.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

But you are failing to understand, 1 law cannot work for all peoples.

Hence there being so many different cultures and different laws, specific to each.

You demanding one law for all doesn't see it any more practical or workable.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

It is way over your head. You are completely missing the point she is trying to make.

We won't need a government if we choose to begin operating as a single unit rather than being so nuclear.

So we need to become like bees in a hive?

What you want is for us to become other than human.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join