It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes Are Escalating Off Cuba Coast- Could Be Foreshocks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage

something tells me, something BIG is coming......

keep safe

Just out of curiosity and judging by the images and quakes that we're seeing here, is there any sort of time frame for when that big thing might happen? My intention is not to criticize, but we've been hearing about something big on the horizon for a while now. I've never really doubted that it was there, I'm just curious to know how much longer we have to wait until it happens.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
But outside of those general rules, I would have to disagree that all seismic events are related. Most have nothing to do with each other, and especially if separated by over 500 km.

But still, it might be curious to note that east of Dominican Republic, in and around Virgin Islands, there has been substantial quake activity over the past 7 days, and nothing around Cuba during the same period with the exception of these 4 quakes.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...
(don't know if anyone has posted this)

I've been monitoring this week. a bunch of small ones near Road Town Tortola BVI.

I unnerstand there was one close to D.C. today also
3.0 SSE of Bolivar WV
www.washingtonpost.com... tml

edit on 17-1-2016 by ElGoobero because: add more info

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am a novice when it comes to earthquakes and am just asking here, but you have these little miniquakes occurring in this little area on a fault. but, could this just be a reaction to something much bigger about to happen somewhere else on this faultline? or even an adjacent fault line?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
UPDATE: Reports now coming in that Cuban authorities have issued a nationwide alert after 12 perceptible, felt earthquakes have occurred 40 km from Santiago in the last 12- 15 hours. So clearly I am not the only one concerned here, and it is good that at least SOMEONE is taking this seismicity seriously, besides me.

www.granma.cu...

www.elfinanciero.com.mx...

Seismic monitoring update: From what I am seeing, the fault continues to spew 3 to 3.5ish size quakes intermittently- another one is coming in now as I type this- ahh wait, no, two that is, back to back.

Fortunately when I make threads like this, I am mostly wrong. Let's hope so in this case as well.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Well lets hope it is just alot of tension being released.

The plates have been very active for the last week or so.

I think that has some to do with our Sun.

And don't forget El Nino. Weather is an active participant.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Just now, another quake, looks to be about a 4.3 or so (just under what the USGS reports) hit. I know they felt that one, and the people of Cuba gotta be real nervous right about now- especially in southern Cuba. That one might be a 4.5 and the USGS might report it. I am just providing an estimate.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Ok. so here is a little more proof that what I am reporting is actually occurring, because just from looking at the USGS quake map, you would not see the whole picture- they only report those above 4.5. This comes from the Cuban authority on seismology:

see here:
www.cenais.cu...

THAT is a much more accurate picture of what is going on right now right off the Cuban coast. Not pretty. And many more quakes than what USGS shows. NOW you see why they are concerned?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Aww hell. NOW we have a 5.3 just happened north of Honduras. But LOOK where it is! in the caribbean! USGS should report it on map should be up in a few. Jesus. I don't like the looks of this at all. That whole fault could be getting ready to rip. Holy crap.

ETA: Right on the fault line!

edit on Sun Jan 17th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

TA--no! You are mostly CORRECT when you post threads on seismic events. Good that govt of Cuba alerted citizenry. Areas that could be hit w/tsunami in Carribean are NOT like Pacific islands where there are tsunami evac plans (signage). Is there any such plans in place in Carribean?

Will keep checking back--hope the 5.1 was the "peak."

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Re the Honduran 5.2--wow! Is it on same fault line?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda

Re the Honduran 5.2--wow! Is it on same fault line?

YES. Look above, I edited the post and put up USGS map of it. Uh oh, now I am REALLY concerned.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Thank you for posting the map. Going to go read up on the area. This is quite unsettling.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
At this time I must warn those in the caribbean, and those in south Florida along the coast, to take extra precautions, and be ready. Make sure you got gas, and food and clean water for at least a few days. Batteries, flashlights, etc. I'm dead serious. DO IT, now before it's too late! If I see the big one come in I will immediately post it before any of the agencies in a separate thread, at which time, you friggin bolt the hell out from the Keys or the coast line.
edit on Sun Jan 17th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Much as it seems that you are not wrong, I hope you are, and everything settles down.

Don't like to think of how many people could suffer if you're right.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Inannamute

Much as it seems that you are not wrong, I hope you are, and everything settles down.

Don't like to think of how many people could suffer if you're right.

Well the good news is that odds are seriously against what I am saying actually happening. The bad news is that if on the off chance I am right, and that fault rips in a massive 8+, I'd hate for someone to die when they could have prevented it- just by taking a little extra time out to prepare and be ready if the word comes down.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

HI TA, just got your book, am enjoying it now from amazon.com...

My family my little sis, my son and her son live in Fort lauderdale, she refuses to ever get excited about anything, even prepare just a little, she says "Oh every time the wind blows they make it seem like the worst case scenario."

So any projections for her area in particular?

Thank you, and I am SOOO tempted to rush to the last chapter to see what happens with the characters in the book...

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Wow cool, thanks antar- I hope you enjoy it. And definitely DON'T spoil it by going to the last chapter! That's two years of my life tied up in writing that thing, and it is meant to terrorize and enjoy- lol, if you can do such a thing...

As to FT. Laud- Again, anyone on the coast would need to get inland fast. The wave would hit there within about an hour or two from the quake.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join