It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Americans reportedly kidnapped by militia members in Baghdad UPDATED

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

This is nonsense. Non-government militias have been a part of the war in Iraq since the invasion. The Americans fought against Muqtada al-Sadr's Mahdi Militia/Army. There were Sunni militias working with the Americans during the 'Sunni awakening.' Naturally, when the money dried up, so did the awakening. Some of them are now with ISIS.

A current example would be the Badr Brigades, an umbrella group representing Shia militias, various Hezbollah factions fighting in Iraq/Syria. There are also local minority militias formed by Assyrian Christian, Yezidis, and other threatened minorities.

There hundreds of militias in Iraq. There's a big wide world outside the United States.
edit on 1/17/2016 by Monger because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/17/2016 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

I don't see it very often in any Media outlets in the US. As far as I can tell the main focus has been on terrorist the last ten years.

That's been the main narrative anyway.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I've never in my life heard of people in the Middle East being referred to as militia men.

That's a first and scary.

Maybe a way of getting round the phrase, "we dont do deals with terrorists"...easier just to pay off a "Militia" and save face.
As i said previously, They will be hawked to the highest bidder. Question is, how much are they worth alive to the US.

I'm sure Obama wont want the very public torture and execution of three of his citizens to be his swan song.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join