It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic and good Kung Fu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: playswithmachines

originally posted by: crowdedskies

originally posted by: playswithmachines

Dragon is the hardest form IMO and quite frankly this old bod of mine just isn't up to it, i have developed a much more relaxed style, when i practise at all, which is rarely these days.

It's a lot of hard work. The exercises at my shaolin school were strenuous and we had people able to do double back somersaults. I am also on a break.

We always practised full contact,and with real weapons. Once i fainted & once my Sifu broke a rib by accident...that is however not the reason i stopped, simply that other things of greater importance than my own personal development have taken over my life...yet i still hold all his teachings sacred to heart, he was recently promoted to Shao-Lin Grand Master. and rightly so, he taught me a lot in a short time.
You may also be amazed to find he is a Muslim...........

pics or didn't happen

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Godthief

The way of the Tao is to go.
Water always finds its level.
Be as water.

Never ready, always take action, truth sits plumb even when the water is low on the left.
There are times when no action is the most powerful action. Be wise in how action is applied.
wisdomapplies itself to familiar experiences and penetrates every barrier so never lost.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
bravo! nice nice...lenice lenice!
thanks for that, awesome! and also as 'greencmp' said....."good post fu"
ha!

a reply to: crowdedskies

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

super cool thread man.

I drew my own parallels just now. Indeed you are right. Repetition until...

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Interesting, today a read a quote by Bruce Lee in a book: “‎The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.”

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Ah, I see you've stumbled upon the gate-less gate in relation to art. In a broader sense it encompasses all things, as it is the ghost or consciousness in ones machinery and thought is just the free will programming ability to program your own machine as an autonomous human being... and is typically more of a hindrance than a help. My advice? Now that you've seen the Ox, grab and tame it.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eldemie
bravo! nice nice...lenice lenice!
thanks for that, awesome! and also as 'greencmp' said....."good post fu"
ha!

Fu Thanks

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

super cool thread man.

Exactly.. and was your parallel from the world of Music, Kung Fu, Magic or something else we ought to mention ?

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gnostician
Interesting, today a read a quote by Bruce Lee in a book: “‎The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.”

So true in all diciplines

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
Ah, I see you've stumbled upon the gate-less gate in relation to art. In a broader sense it encompasses all things, as it is the ghost or consciousness in ones machinery and thought is just the free will programming ability to program your own machine as an autonomous human being... and is typically more of a hindrance than a help. My advice? Now that you've seen the Ox, grab and tame it.

.....and perhaps become a winged bull

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Only half joking here -

"But what if the whole reason you want there to 'be' magic -

- is that you really,really hate practicing things over and over?", she said in the whining, grating, high-pitched tone of a spoiled child...

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

super cool thread man.

Exactly.. and was your parallel from the world of Music, Kung Fu, Magic or something else we ought to mention ?

Just about every little thing we do. My particular thing...meditation.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
There are times when a solid punch to the nose is in order. Do not hesitate.
edit on 21-1-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

super cool thread man.

Just about every little thing we do. My particular thing...meditation.

That is very true. Repetition brings about a manifestation which is connected. It can be in any aspect of our lives.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

There are times when a solid punch to the nose is in order. Do not hesitate.

Agreed

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Sounds like a Kung Fu movie, bragging about who work or fist is better...My Tiger claw Kung Fu will slice your Bear style Kung Fu in two.

They should of made the story of Jesus like this...FIst of the Morning Star.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Sounds like a Kung Fu movie with 1980 masculine figures of possible questionable sexuality, bragging about who work or fist is better...My Tiger claw Kung Fu will slice your Bear style Kung Fu in two.

Just watch the last 40 seconds, it made me laugh, they should of made the story of Jesus like this...FIst of the Morning Star.
edit on 24-1-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
mmm, i only like the Jet Li films, he had the style

Hey i'm not bragging, you think to admit a 67 year old man broke my ribs is bragging?
I do have some rare pics of this guy in action, i will have to dig them out the archive PC sometime.
OK so i'm not Arnie but i'm pretty well built, worked in the metal industry for 20 years LOL but still he kicked my butt, and i only got hurt because i wasnt concentrating when he landed on me.......

All the real gungfu moves are based on animals, the philosophy is simple & it works, copy nature.
That was the whole deal in the karate kid films (LOL the crane is a chinese move not japanese but hey this is hollywood), the story that the crane defeated a tiger is plausible. Flying through the air isnt, but if you practice leaps & jumps it is quite amazing how much distance you can cover in a short time, to other peeps it looks like you are flying.
Not speaking of myself at this point, the only time i appear to move faster these days is when i pass wind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join