It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What media outlet do you trust the most?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: baglady333

I like to take it like a detective on a crime scene. You get as many sources as possible, discard half the BS and weed out something of the truth.

Then whoever is saying something different than an underlying truth would imply, I focus on to see what really happened. Basically the OPPOSITE of what they say. If not then at least what they speak to or avoid is known then to be related to the truth.

Sometimes the best news comes from the worst sources of propaganda. When you know its a lie you can use that knowledge as a counter point to the truth. Even lies make mention of the truth.

So I guess my answer is I use all sources in equal combination with all things considered. Some I use very specifically as a counter point to a truth I cant yet see.

I like to talk to old people or people closer to a subject. We would be surprised what the average person knows collectively.

Thats pretty much how I do it.

Plus I try and use sources from diffrent countrys as some times ones own country can give things spin.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
There is no single news source I trust. I read/watch several different ones and then do my best to sort through the biases and agendas to come up with the likely truth. ...and then I remain skeptical.

Depending on one source is worse than none.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: baglady333 I get my news from "aggregates," such as ATS and Google news, though everything from Fox and the big 3 needs to be backchecked. My favorite, as a bleeding heart Catholic, is the Brad Blog.

edit on 120162016k23103America/Chicagothpm by Look2theSacredHeart because: typo

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Google News is an interesting choice.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

None.

All mainstream media is propaganda.

I have to go on the internet to find out what is going on in the world.

That's as bad as assuming it's all the gospel truth. Sure, a lot of it is "propaganda." But a lot of it is accurate information and more objective than much of what you find "on the internet."

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Trust is a word that kind of turns into a joke when you try to use it to figure out which media outlet you can actually trust.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
My suggestion is trying to learn as much as you can about formal logic.
After that, listen/watch the news, compare it to what you have learned while in the study of formal logic, and you will find that huge swaths of the B.S. gets washed away, before you have to rummage through it all.
In short it shrinks the size of the haystack you have to root through to find that needle of truth.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I try to use the British broadsheets. I know some are left and some are right, so a bit of all of them gives you a good idea. The telegraph is right wing, the guardian is left wing so a bit of both your gonna get a decent feel. I like watching channel 4 news in the uk, pretty comprehensive coverage of the news. Probably a bit lefty for some, but the coverage is first rate. They seem to give decent amount of time on each subject too. Basically media with editorial standards is always a good bet. I ignore the British tabloids, the gutter press.if I buy a paper it's usually the I from the independent. Cheap and a decent content and crossword
edit on 18-1-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
ATS of course. I get both sides of the spectrum and mostly informed conversation based on a variety of sources and viewpoints.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I trust that all and any media out there be it internet or TV or paper is and will be biased and leaning toward an agenda or various agendas that they or various groups have. That is all there is, there nothing else and never will be anything else when dealing in this medium and in this world.

So to answer your question there is no such thing as a trusted outlet, there are humorous outlets, and entertaining outlets for media. But trusted? That is just nonsense, besides its to vague a question to answer anyways, I mean trusted in what and for what? What does that even mean? Trusted in what? I mean other then trusted to lean towards there end. Besides that they can not be trusted in anything else, even if they were they would fail at it on epic proportions.

For instance take ATS, now the disinfo agents are not as rampant on here as they were some 4 years ago, but there still around guiding the sheeple to there pens. And some have been at this for a long time that there just part of the backround now and others are just bots and proxies. Oh and lets not forget the trollz? My favorite type for they are the most entertaining, and that is what all media is about entertainment. If you take any of it serious...Something wrong with you then! Its just bizarre I will give you that.

Oh boy, are the trollz everywhere. The worse kind of troll out there are the ones who dont even know there trolls, basically your average every day consumer. Though they are the most hilarious, kind of like sideshow bob step on rakes all day long.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It would depend on the subject matter.
Science, none of them. Because, without fail, they screw it up. I'll seek the original source.

Huh, come to think of it, I'll do that with most everything. And if no original source can be found, it goes in the "to be filed" pile.

edit on 1/23/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: baglady333
Where do you get your most reliable news from? Who do you trust? Is there a specific web site that has more merit? Is there a cable news station you frequent? What MSM outlet do you think is capable of telling the truth?

Personally, I find it very difficult to believe any of them reveal the truth about anything. I think many of them are owned by the same corporations with agendas and are only here to manipulate us into believing what they want us to believe.

Whichever one says what I want to hear.

/sarcasm

I speak in jest but it's the MO of many here.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

They're all susceptible to error.

Forbes for example got sucked in by that story about El Chapo challenging ISIS.

To their credit though, they corrected themselves once they realised, and that speaks volumes.

posted on Jan, 26 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
There is no single news source I trust. I read/watch several different ones and then do my best to sort through the biases and agendas to come up with the likely truth. ...and then I remain skeptical.

Depending on one source is worse than none.

So true, but this source would be better than none if wearing deep ends

www.corbettreport.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join