It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What media outlet do you trust the most?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Where do you get your most reliable news from? Who do you trust? Is there a specific web site that has more merit? Is there a cable news station you frequent? What MSM outlet do you think is capable of telling the truth?

Personally, I find it very difficult to believe any of them reveal the truth about anything. I think many of them are owned by the same corporations with agendas and are only here to manipulate us into believing what they want us to believe.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: baglady333

Why ATS, of course!!!

Seriously, you just have to use your own sense of discernment as what much of what you said,my discernment is telling me,

I think many of them are owned by the same corporations with agendas and are only here to manipulate us into believing what they want us to believe.
is true...

edit on 17-1-2016 by TNMockingbird because: grammar

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

What media outlet do you trust the most?

I only trust the Big3 (and free) networks ABC, CBS, NBC.

They report from scripted outlines and guidelines designed by people who have the best interests of the Citizens in mind at all times.

They analyze everything to make sure we get the most accurate stories available.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
None of them. They all have their agenda. The only way to be sure is to search for the middle ground among them.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Lament oh seeker of objective truth for nary doth it dwell.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If you decide that any one source is trustworthy while the rest of the mainstream media is not you are in trouble.

I went through a long phase where I thought a number of alternative sites had the "real" story but have now come to the conclusion that one definitely needs to look at a lot of mainstream sources to get a fuller picture of what is going on. They do a better job of vetting the utter BS component of much of what you see on the internet.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
As sad as it is to say I do not trust anyone of them, I take everything I read with a pinch of salt and would only believe something 100% if I witnessed it..

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Pacifica Radio. Most specifically KPFA

Listener sponsored, No corporate underwriting and no commercials.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Where do you get your most reliable news from?

Searching for news from ALL involved parties, nations.

Who do you trust?

Nobody, sometimes even not myself.

Is there a specific web site that has more merit?

Nope.

Is there a cable news station you frequent?

Nope, no TV anymore, since several years.

What MSM outlet do you think is capable of telling the truth?

Not one worldwide.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The louder the voice, the bigger the ratings, the less I trust them. I still listen, I want to know what the current lies are. Then theres the other side of the story, also main stream, politicized and dogmatized. Between them they usually try to embarrass each other, vetting little bits of truth between their lines.

Then I come here and hear both sides regurgitated again.

Difference here, The truth is a small still voice buried in all the noise.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Seriously, you just have to use your own sense of discernment . . .

Yeah that! Read them all. Read the comments. Read the analysts. Read the rebuttals. (And research the source/author to know what perspective they are coming from. If their base is a religious site, that should be a clue).

I don't listen to "talking heads" because you can get caught up in emotions. (Except maybe public radio)

They are all Carnival Barkers trying to hook you for ratings.

READ, READ, READ, READ, READ.

edit on 17-1-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You absolutely have to be kidding, right?

"They report from scripted outlines and guidelines designed by people who have the best interests of the Citizens in mind at all times. "

Right.........they constantly self-censor and filter out any news that doesn't fit the Government/Globalist agenda and narrative. That way, "Citizens", i.e. mindless, low information sheeples don't have to bother to think....they just drink in the Kool Aid.

"They analyze everything to make sure we get the most accurate stories available. "

Yea.....they SPIN, every story to fit the narrative of the agenda. What a crock. Again, I take it your comment was to be tongue in cheek!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

This site I read up on each day. As far as spoonfed sources there are none that I frequent.

link

Spoonfed source = TV, Radio, etc where they decide what you need to know
edit on 17-1-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

This site I read up on each day. As far as spoonfed sources there are none that I frequent.

link

Spoonfed source = TV, Radio, etc where they decide what you need to know

Interestingly over the years, I've found German news sites to be a good source. (Which means "launching pad" for further research).

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I like to take it like a detective on a crime scene. You get as many sources as possible, discard half the BS and weed out something of the truth.

Then whoever is saying something different than an underlying truth would imply, I focus on to see what really happened. Basically the OPPOSITE of what they say. If not then at least what they speak to or avoid is known then to be related to the truth.

Sometimes the best news comes from the worst sources of propaganda. When you know its a lie you can use that knowledge as a counter point to the truth. Even lies make mention of the truth.

So I guess my answer is I use all sources in equal combination with all things considered. Some I use very specifically as a counter point to a truth I cant yet see.

I like to talk to old people or people closer to a subject. We would be surprised what the average person knows collectively.

edit on 1 17 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Honestly, it depends on the story and how busy i was when i hear/read the news, for example, i found out David Bowie had died when i checked Sickepedia!!!

but i do have a look round, but do end up coming to ATS, as you get better (Unbiased) after reading one page,

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I just like to be up to date on what is new and shy away from opinion pieces which is why I like that site. If something interests me I look up more info on it.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Annee

I just like to be up to date on what is new and shy away from opinion pieces which is why I like that site. If something interests me I look up more info on it.

Thanks. I'm gonna add it to my list of preferred sites.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

None.

All mainstream media is propaganda.

I have to go on the internet to find out what is going on in the world.
edit on 17-1-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Skeptic O, the only news source that I trust, oh. And Neo.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join