It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU shock as 'out' vote sweeps 6% ahead!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I'm not more concerned with the north than I am the south...that was just an example, that's all. No one country is totally homogeneous. What effects one part badly may not have that effect somewhere else. That was my point.

Sorry if it came off otherwise.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Boris Johnson is not likely to lead the "Out" campaign. He would be a great choice.

There is talk that when his tenure as Mayor of London ends in May, Boris Johnson will be given the position of Foreign Secretary (Sec of State to you Americans) if he switches over to the "In" side.

He would then replace David Cameron. There are rumors that he's stepping down after the vote regardless of the outcome.

The position of PM is pretty tempting to someone to get them to switch sides.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

No worries, sorry if I came off a bit grumpy as well, I'm just sick to the back teeth of the bleating about the north and Scotland while the SW of England is just as skint but constantly lumped into 'the south' or London category.
Perhaps we should start bleating more in the SW lol

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

No worries, brother. I get that whole grumpy thing.

I've got a sweatshirt at work a few years back from the office types I had to deal with on a constant basis.

They had my office nickname put on it. "grumpy"

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well, here's some context.

YouGov poll

A new YouGov/Times poll conducted in the immediate aftermath of negative headlines over David Cameron's EU deal has Leave leading with 45% as Remain falls to 36%

A draft EU deal hailed by David Cameron as delivering "substantial changes" to Britain's relationships with the bloc has been condemned with near unanimity this week, as the press closed in on qualifications and concessions to the Prime Minister's original plan.

"Yikes" for the EU crowd and "yah" for the outers.

I'm an in-out-in-out kinda person. My views on Europe wax and wane like the moon. Someone's waxing at the mo, that's for sure.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

On-topic, the EU regulations defining 'grumpy' can be avoided by voting 'leave' in the referendum, yay!
Mildly moody will be the new UK government legislative label...same thing, just sounds better lol.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Now they're saying if we come out we will lose an agreement with France to control Port Borders. This Agreement is seperate from anything to do with the EU. I don't see why we can't keep it?

Scaremongering?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TSOM87

I think the point is that if the UK leaves the EU then France may choose to revoke treaties. I would. If you leave the club then you pay the penalties.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

I think the point is that if the UK leaves the EU then France may choose to revoke treaties. I would. If you leave the club then you pay the penalties.

So you would just let all the economic migrants/refugees walk through the channel tunnel, causing even more massive delays and also putting the euro-tunnel staff, migrants/refugees and public safety at risk?

I don't think France would to be honest.

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

So you would go out your way to revoke a sperate agreement just to stick it to the British because the democratic will of the British people chosed to leave the EU?

Sour Grapes?

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It was Scaremongering after all!

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I an certainly voting to get out of the EU. Membership has brought us nothing of value, but a plethora of issues from Brussels control of our day to day lives unmanageable and unchecked immigration.

Here are the latest polls: It's close and represents the single biggest anti-establishment push worldwide, even greater than the US Elections.

edit on 9/4/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
So with all the Bombings and shootings in France and Belgium the UK just simply ####s off and leaves our European brothers to get on with all the #. Especially after the UK lending more than just a hand in creating this mess in the first place...Excellent.

I'm pretty sure France, Belgium and the rest will remind us of our treachery when the time comes.

Be careful what you wish for.
edit on 9-4-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
So with all the Bombings and shootings in France and Belgium the UK just simply ####s off and leaves our European brothers to get on with all the #. And especially after the UK lending more of a hand in creating the mess in the first place...Excellent.

I'm pretty sure France, Belgium and the rest will reminds us of our treachery when the time comes.

Wow, the EU loving SNP really have got into your head haven't they!
Buy some bleach and have a good clean lol

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

So with all the Bombings and shootings in France and Belgium the UK just simply ####s off and leaves our European brothers to get on with all the #. Especially after the UK lending more than just a hand in creating this mess in the first place...Excellent.

I'm pretty sure France, Belgium and the rest will remind us of our treachery when the time comes.

Well you want Scotland to F off and leave the UK.

You really dont see the hypocrisy do you?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

So with all the Bombings and shootings in France and Belgium the UK just simply ####s off and leaves our European brothers to get on with all the #. And especially after the UK lending more of a hand in creating the mess in the first place...Excellent.

I'm pretty sure France, Belgium and the rest will reminds us of our treachery when the time comes.

As i have already stated in previous threads and post. The SNP and all things Scotland are living rent free inside your skull mate..
Perhaps you need to try your own Bleach enema only try standing on your head when applying the cleansing agent.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

No, I want Scotland to stand on it's own two feet..You know, Like you do when you grow a pair and stop relying on mummy and daddies paycheck to keep you in the manner you have become accustomed.

Do you have a problem with that.?

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

As i have already stated in previous threads and post. The SNP and all things Scotland are living rent free inside your skull mate..
Perhaps you need to try your own Bleach enema only try standing on your head when applying the cleansing agent.

Lol behave ya auld whinging EU lover, Sturgeon says 'jump for the EU' and you will jump haha.
This is an EU thread and my comments were absolutely valid as the SNP will drop to its knees with a warm begging mouth for the EU, every time.
Vote remain if you wish fella, but do it only after reading a bit more than the latest SNP leaflet.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

No, I want Scotland to stand on it's own two feet..You know, Like you do when you grow a pair and stop relying on mummy and daddies paycheck to keep you in the manner you have become accustomed.

O god do you read what you type ?

Really dont know were to start?

The idea is I want the uK to do the same from the EU?

Or the fact that if Scotland leaves the Uk but stays in the EU then its not independent or standing on its own two feet,

Your hilarious.

posted on Apr, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

O god do you read what you type ?

Really dont know were to start?

The idea is I want the uK to do the same from the EU?

Or the fact that if Scotland leaves the Uk but stays in the EU then its not independent or standing on its own two feet,

Your hilarious.

Is Germany not a independent country, is France, is Belgium. is Holland not not a independent country. ?

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join