It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians celebrate the will of the devil to murder Jesus?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Right, because Christians are without sin, they do not sin. They're better than non-Christians.

thank God Jesus died

Such a bizarre sentiment to have about another human being. SMH

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Doesn't he mean "Thank God God died"?

Blasphemy!

This is the reason I made the Christianity death cult thread, because of them unknowingly worshiping death.
edit on 1/21/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

How do you come up with that logic
Where do you get that I stated christians dont sin

Can you explain that

I got a feeling I will be called angry and wont get a reply
edit on 22-1-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
originally posted by: Raggedyman

Yes I think I am special because I am a filthy rag who has accepted Christ as savior and His forgiveness
I deserve dearh, have been pardoned, I celebrate that.

I do have sin, what would make you think I don't?

You keep talking of judgement, it's justice
Your hostility is amazing, I

originally posted by windword

But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.

No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
1John 3:5-6

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: windword I do believe that believers still sin after salvation however the grace of God gives them the ability to continue to put sin away and as they grow in the knowledge and wisdom of God they sin less and less as their walk continues.

Their sins are no longer held against them because of the blood of Christ.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

This is not a sin freely and go to heaven card. Serious believer will progress in holiness and righteousness if they continue in Christ.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Well, that's an interesting interpretation to some pretty pragmatic scripture.

It sounds like your qualifying what the Apostle John had to say due to your own lack of faith and inability to "see and know" your Christ.

edit on 22-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I've never heard a Christian say they don't sin not once and you're taking John out on context to feed your typical bitter rhetoric

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Now you're an expert an biblical Christian context? Tell me then, what did The Apostle John really mean to say, instead of what he, supposedly, pragmatically wrote? What is the context that qualifies John's statement?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

so you really think once someone becomes Christians they believe they're no longer sinners? No please, you seem to be the expert I'm more curious about what you assume

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It's not about what I believe, it's about what the Bible says.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

quite simple really If you follow the example of Jesus you are free of sin and are forgiven of sin. Does not mean you aren't capable of sinning since everyone is a sinner and no one is perfect according to Christians.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Why do you think that the Apostle John need's your intercession to explain what he so pragmatically wrote? Why do you think that you need to make excuses for why Christians can't live up to what's written of them in the Bible?

But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin.

No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.
1John 3:5-6

A sinning Christian hasn't seen or known Christ, according to the the Bible, care of the Apostle John. It's really simple.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Why do you feel a need to generalize all Christians? I'm not making excuses for anyone. Living up to Jesus isn't an easy task lots of people that have wronged me that I would find a really really hard time forgiving or loving

again, Jesus is the example that does not mean you're sin free forever since everyone is flawed. and yes I love sarcasm but you still don't understand. The apostles weren't perfect people and were sinners so what does that tell you? Judas sold out Jesus to the Romans

If a Christian tells you they're sin free or a perfect person they're a lying, arrogant, self righteous fool and that isn't restricted to just Christians

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I'm not making excuses for anyone. Living up to Jesus isn't an easy task lots of people that have wronged me that I would find a really really hard time forgiving or loving

Yeah, tell me again how you aren't making excuses for so called Christians.

The Apostle John doesn't write about how hard it is to be a Christian. He simply says that anyone who continues to sin never knew or saw Christ.

Ergo, Christians who go around sinning, never knew or saw the Christ that they claim to know so personally.

Remember, Jesus famously told folks, to "go and sin no more."

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Well then no one is actually Christian. Not sure what to tell you, Not sinning is impossible

I'm not making excuses because every Christian who ever was a Christian is a sinner....

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Not sinning is impossible

How would you know? You don't even claim to be a Christian.

You act like you know what "sin" even is!

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

10 commandments is a pretty good definition i especially like the 11th commandment

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Seriously?

Studying religion is a complete dead end.

In the end you're going to learn this is a FACT.

Come now, you never studied religion....or do your definitions of religions change depending on what message on any given day you are trying to promote?

You deny christianity is a religion, or are you saying you have seen the end and know it for a fact?

See that works both ways

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

i especially like the 11th commandment

The one that says: Thou Shalt Not Suffer an Uncircumcised Man?

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

no...

"Love one another; as I have loved you"

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join