It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians celebrate the will of the devil to murder Jesus?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
a reply to: Akragon

Think of a funny joke or something. It's controversial about Jesus, but that's life. Sometimes it is just my opinion do you know how many people come after me? I never complain, insult me all you want, I just laugh. Why get stressed out about nothing?

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
If anyone wants to know the truth go to problems with Paul.com

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

that site is nonsense and again makes lots of opinions on out of context scriptures, doesn't attribute FIGURES of SPEECH, Doesn't consider immediate, cultural and historical context, doesn't consider who what when where why which and How of any inductive study to bring out the meaning of the scriptures as a whole.

Verses are nit picked to make it say what the Blogger wants it to say and not what it truly says in context.

anyone can take a single verse and make it say anything if divorced from the literal immediate context.

For example I could claim things like the blogger and say, "Jesus says to commit suicide and it is found in the Bible".

And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

There are so many errors and inconsistencies in the teaching on that site it would take many many hours to disprove the bloggers opinion.

One comes to mind, Bloggers opinion "Paul demands the outspoken prayer which Christ condemns as exhibitionist!" 1Tim 2

Bloggers proof "The Savior states that one should only pray in solitude and in secret, never openly". Mt 6

However if anyone would take time to look we would see that a case could be made that Jesus Violated Matt 6 as well seeing he prayed openly many many times. His prayer in giving thanks for the food when he fed the 5000 was openly, or John 11 when he prayed Openly to raise Lazarus from the dead, or in John 17 when he prayed openly. And Jesus himself as far as we know from God's word never went into a closet to pray.

What did Jesus really mean in Matthew 6. Very clear empty boastful prayers made to draw attention to ones self is prideful and god wont hear them. He for affect was saying that earnest prayer from ones closet would be heard before those of a prideful man's prayer.

Paul set the context of his exhortation to prayer everywhere was not in violation to Jesus Teaching a claimed seeing he was not promoting self drawing and empty prayers but sincere prayers be made

look at the context.

1Tim 2:1 ¶ I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not; ) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Simple observation of scriptures proves the blogger is wrong and errs not knowing the whole context of the scriptures in the New Testament not to mention the OT where many many times leaders and prophets and kings openly prayed unto God. One comes to mind that was in front of all of Israel and was Solomon

1Ki 8:22 And Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven:
23 And he said, LORD God of Israel,
there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before thee with all their heart: . . . And it was so, that when Solomon had made an end of praying all this prayer and supplication unto the LORD, he arose from before the altar of the LORD, from kneeling on his knees with his hands spread up to heaven.

edit on 19-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Gods plan was to human sacrifice/crucify Jesus. GODS PLAN Satan just helped.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Why does the devil celebrate the will of God? Without God's will, the devil cannot exist.

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

For example I could claim things like the blogger and say, "Jesus says to commit suicide and it is found in the Bible".

And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

Where do you get this stuff? Hmmmm

Oh, someone's been reading the "Understanding Your Faith Primer" "Understanding Your Faith Primer"

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

no actually I used it as a example of out of context teaching in 1994 I have taught around the world and these example have been used by many for the same purpose

PS I never even heard of that Primer until just now. Interesting.
edit on 19-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Well, it was such an "off the wall" example, that I had to Google it to see if it was an original example. I've never seen anyone quite that intellectually dishonest in their anti-biblical arguments. Although, I have seen some sloppy investigation that IS easily refuted.

edit on 20-1-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It is not dishonesty it is actually what cults and heretics do to make their false doctrines seem biblical.

It is extreme but it gets the point across very clearly.

Amazingly though over the years that that example is so widely used to day.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I've never seen any such blatant dishonesty used by anti-religionists, and the website cited certainly didn't use any such examples. But you used it to discredit a certain web-site. That's dishonest and that's on you.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It's dishonest of YOU to use that kind of example when you KNOW the website didn't do anything like that.

It's not a valid example in any way and I have a feeling you know that. That's a textbook example of what intellectual dishonesty means.
edit on 1/20/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Christ did not offer His life simply to die, nailed to some wood by Romans.

His entire existence was to set an example of how to live... how not to put one's self ahead of everyone and everything else.
It was also a demonstration of the fact that humanity is not just an animal running across the landscape of Earth... but, that there is indeed a next step for our infantile species.

This is the first lesson... and for those who graduate from this nursery, there is much, much more that lies ahead.

In my ever so humble opinion, that is

edit on 20-1-2016 by redoubt because: wording correctomundos

edit on 20-1-2016 by redoubt because: More fixations on mistakes

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

First of all that is your opinion but it is not dishonest, it is exactly what people do, they will takes scripture out a context put it together and make a doctrine. It was just an example on how that is done.

I never said the web site did. I said LIKE the guy on the website I too could create a doctrine with out of context verses and I showed how that is done.

It is a fair example of what he has done in saying Jesus Taught one should only pray in private and solitude but Jesus wasn't teaching that. The only way he could get Jesus to teach that was to take the verse out of context and then paste is opinion to it and claim that is what Jesus Taught. NOW what he did was dishonest to the text.

edit on 20-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
Jesus was the first state sponsored suicide. But really it was Gods plan and Satan helped. Satan isn't Gods enemy he is an employee

exactly like mr wilkinson in charlie and the chocolate factory.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

I've never seen any such blatant dishonesty used by anti-religionists, and the website cited certainly didn't use any such examples. But you used it to discredit a certain web-site. That's dishonest and that's on you.

I know the quote, never heard of that book.
If I used it would I have been dishonest?

I am sure that writer heard it somewhere else as well.

Nothing new under the sun,
should I quote that Ecclesiastes 1:4-11. Lest I be tared a plagiarist

in fact your comment
"such blatant dishonesty"
Is a quote straight out of
Cosmos Incorporated - Page 149, thievery, plagiarism, inconsistency within your own demands, we call that hypocrisy if I am not wrong

Those teacups can rage with their own weather

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I too heard it from a Bible Teacher.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

edit on 21-1-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: redoubt
a reply to: arpgme

Christ did not offer His life simply to die, nailed to some wood by Romans.

His entire existence was to set an example of how to live... how not to put one's self ahead of everyone and everything else.
It was also a demonstration of the fact that humanity is not just an animal running across the landscape of Earth... but, that there is indeed a next step for our infantile species.

This is the first lesson... and for those who graduate from this nursery, there is much, much more that lies ahead.

In my ever so humble opinion, that is

there is nothing humble about believing we deserve to ascend or transcend. we are toddlers who think we are ready to be grown ups, and we need someone to slap us across the face and say "savor every second of your evolutionary childhood you little brat". lets master thi reality, our relationships and resources and reason on this level, before we worry about the next one. jesus or no jesus, people are impatient and they need to slow down.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

If I used it would I have been dishonest?

If you used to it discredit someone to whom it didn't apply, yes.

"such blatant dishonesty"

Yes, it's a common "figure of speech". Get used to hearing it a lot anytime Christians are attempting to refute science and common sense with scriptures and dogma.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

your hypocrisy is amazing

I am use to it though, I have seen the religious atheists preaching their fairytail of evolution

Zing

See, that could be classed as bating and that would make me a sinner, thank God Jesus died, I want to celebrate that though I am human, I am also forgiven
The devil thought it had won a victory but it lost everything

that deserves to be celabrated

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join