It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians celebrate the will of the devil to murder Jesus?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroidand where did you get such a vast knowledge of Gnosticism that would allow you to say that. Whens the last time a Gnostic tried to convert or take advantage of you. My "religion" is just studying every religion. Just because I like doing it. Ill go pray with Muslims, study the bible with christians, debate with know it alls, I don't discriminate. I am happy. But MY Gnosticism is mine alone so I can't say I belong to anything or follow any rules or doctrine, and I don't know any other Gnostics so what was your point? That I'm not religious? I knew that already. What's the name of your local Gnostic church? Oh there isn't one? Who is being deceived?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Chrisianity is...

• a religion ✔
• created to deceive ✔
• abandons logic and takes advantage of people ✔
• evil and devious psychological manipulation ✔
• not a true story and is a myth ✔

See how that works?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Back on topic, God's plan was to crucify Jesus. Satan HELPED. Why is Satan getting blamed for doing God's will?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroidand where did you get such a vast knowledge of Gnosticism that would allow you to say that. Whens the last time a Gnostic tried to convert or take advantage of you. My "religion" is just studying every religion. Just because I like doing it. Ill go pray with Muslims, study the bible with christians, debate with know it alls, I don't discriminate. I am happy. But MY Gnosticism is mine alone so I can't say I belong to anything or follow any rules or doctrine, and I don't know any other Gnostics so what was your point? That I'm not religious? I knew that already. What's the name of your local Gnostic church? Oh there isn't one? Who is being deceived?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Jim Scott
Faith is believing in something not probable, and things that don't add up. That is abandoning logic. No way around it. Theres only 12 Apostles, but Saul WOULD make 13. And yes the bible says that there are only 12 Apostles. It's a sacred number relating to the 12 tribes. So a thirteenth apostle is ridiculous. But you must believe. And I bet you will rationalize it away, but that doesn't work for me. 12 means 12

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Jim Scott
And it is absolutely meant to get THE decieved to say " it wasn't meant to decieve" it is deceptive. If you tell someone you have to believe in Jesus or youll go to hell, that's in the bible btw, that's being manipulative and deceptive.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

Gnosis is greek for knowledge or wisdom depending on the Classical Greek usage. A Gnostic is one who claims to have superior knowledge or wisdom.

1Co 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1Co 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

Faith

Heb 11:1 ¶ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Good luck with your gnostic faith
edit on 18-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnmaybe in your mind.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnGnosticism, as I said, is a philosophy to me. One that says I am going to learn everything religion. So it has nothing to do with faith. Gnosis is not something I needed defined, im not interested inANY of your thoughts.

edit on 18-1-2016 by Gnosisisfaith because: error

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnAnd I don't think you have a clue what people believed back then, no one has ever claimed anything but that knowledge or gnosis leads to freedom from material desires. You don't know what your talking about.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnbut by all means, tell ME what I believe.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnbut by all means, tell ME what I believe.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnand Sophia is the word for wisdom. You really are the worst kind of person. What the hell makes you think you know so much, when you know so little?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Your only skill is typing bible passages in the computer and repeating erroneous things someone told you. You have no independent knowledge, just the ability to read and type. I feel bad for people like you, going through life oblivious, relying on a myth to save you. You need help.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Because I've never claimed superior knowledge, and am a Gnostic. Gnosticism is older than christianity, has had so many schools of thought, it's only definable to simpletons who trust greedy Catholic historians who sought to eliminate the competition.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohnA Christian is one who thinks they have superior knowledge, to be honest.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
My "religion" is just studying every religion.

Aren't you the same person that just said this:

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
Religion was created to decieve...

And you're asking ME who is being deceived?

Seriously?

Studying religion is a complete dead end.

In the end you're going to learn this is a FACT.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Religion was in quotes, I wasn't calling it a religion. As far as it being a dead end, life is too, so what do you care what I do to pass time?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
And you confuse studying for believing. Some people read novels, I read about religions. It's like doing anything for fun. Gnosticism has no clear definition, it's just a more fun aspect of religious philosophy. Knowledge over faith.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
And you confuse studying for believing. Some people read novels, I read about religions. It's like doing anything for fun. Gnosticism has no clear definition, it's just a more fun aspect of religious philosophy. Knowledge over faith.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join