It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians celebrate the will of the devil to murder Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Why glorify the will of the devil? Why celebrate murder?

John 8:40-41 King James Version (KJV)

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

Now who is their father? Who was motivating them to murder Jesus? Was it God's will or Satan's will?

John 8:44 King James Version (KJV)

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Christians have symbols of death in the churches. Paintings of Jesus' pain and even of the weapon used to kill Jesus (the cross). Some even wear a symbol of the weapon around their necks.

Shouldn't Christians stay away from death/pain symbolism and keep Purity (that is, Life, Peace, Love, Light) around them?

If the devil and God have different wills why celebrate the will of the devil and the weapon (cross) they used to murder Jesus?

edit on 16-1-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You're right, Jesus' death on the cross had nothing to do with eternal life.

ETA: I don't want to direct traffic away from your thread to my own.
edit on 1/16/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

This is a really good point from your thread that really fits with this thread:

Matthew 9:13

But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

If he wanted everyone to be saved, and his sacrifice was the only way to salvation, then it goes to reason that he desired the sacrifice, because he desired everyone to be saved, right?

Yet he says he did not desire sacrifice, but mercy. What is mercy? An outward manifestation of love for another person. To show someone mercy is a sign of love for them. Jesus tells us to love others to remain in he and his Father's love.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I very rarely get involved in discussions involving religion,but I find it incredulous that anyone puts much faith in the bible or any religious artifacts, since 99% of it is unverified and full of ridiculous ideas. Why does any of it matter? Life is really simple and does not need to be complicated, treat others the way you wish to be treated.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Very good points!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I know, why plaster the worst moment of his life on the wall of all those churches. Like some damn trophy hunter with a wall of heads…

Imo, to gloat. The church as we know it today is the farthest thing from the truth there is. Its misused as a form of control over the masses. The threat is the cross. Obey or else, murder and eternal damnation.

Who 'loves' their people through threats of death and crucifixion?

Those that seek to control, thats who.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Really? I don't even know how to respond. you really think the cross has that meaning to Christians when you can google it? Please just don't even respond I'm just here to see the usual hate and BS spewed by most of you.

"It represents Jesus' victory over sin and death, since it is believed that through his death and resurrection he conquered death itself." and much more I'm sure I'm not Christian

You can hate the church and Christians but don't just spew bias lies or is it just ignorance?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

"It represents Jesus' victory over sin and death, since it is believed that through his death and resurrection he conquered death itself." and much more I'm sure I'm not Christian

Then why not put paintings of the resurrection of Jesus instead of all of the pictures of a dead Jesus on a cross?

Edit: I don't hate Christians, I just believe that an angry "god" of the cross, death, and blood sacrifice is the wrong god to worship. But Christians think I am deceived, does that mean they hate ME?

No, neither does it mean I hate thek. They're just deceived.

Christians post their point of view all the time here. I can do the same.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

"Jesus being the final sacrifice.

The Ancient Israelites would sacrifice animals in devotion of God, and Jesus' blood washed away that old covenant to create a new pact with mankind. This is why Christians call him "the Lamb of God."

"The cross symbolizes the sacrifice of Jesus made for the world, suffering the punishment that humanity deserves for their crimes against each other and against God.
Christians believe that suffering is not the fault of God, but the fault of humans due to free will being in place."

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is because you prefer not to understand that some thing will be what they will be.

Some people would prefer to remove Jesus over hear His message. For this reason, He was crucified. In a perfect world, one without sin, He would not have been crucified because all would have truly been God's children and heard His teaching.

This is the point in John 8: 31-47.

Jesus was telling them things that went against what they had always been taught by the Pharisees. Who was Jesus beside their acknowledged high priests and authorities? If someone were to come up claiming to be a true authority anointed by God (or two someones) and contradict many things earthly authorities like the Pope was teaching today, how many would listen, especially if what those two said was counter to what had been taught?

This is more or less what Jesus did, and then He claimed to be the long prophesied messiah on top of it.

So because we do not live in a perfect world, because Satan is allowed to act and tempt others, many did not listen to Christ's teachings and He was crucified, but of course, He did not desire it; however, what he desired and what ultimately happened were two different things.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

For one reason, we can all mostly agree on what a cross should look like, but if you aren't careful, you might use the "wrong" rendering of Jesus and get accused of racism.

Not using an image of Jesus lets Him be whomever you desire to picture.

edit on 16-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

and non Christians post their view points all the time as well. The debate about if God wanted Jesus on the cross or not has been debated since Christianity was founded. But Jesus had a chance to run but didn't so.....

Romans not God nailed him to a cross

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Romans not God nailed him to a cross

But you believe the actual murder was the will of God, right?

Jesus being the final sacrifice.

The fact that the being you worship angrily demands suffering and death at all is enough to show who he truly is.

People claim that darkness and death is bad, that devil is a murderer, the father of lies, and even he can disguise himself as an angel of light but then also believe that it is God , who demands death and murder and yet they don't find that suspicious at all...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I'm agnostic and live by the golden rule which Jesus taught as well. treat others as you want to be treated. But the cross is Christianity 101

I'm not educated enough to answer your questions about the motives of Jesus for handing himself over to the Romans. I know that he could have had his followers take up arms and fight for him and didn't which isn't very evil in my eyes.

edit on 16-1-2016 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Who would have spread his message if he had told them to fight for him?

There was only 12... in many cases less...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

He could have been a religious Jewish warlord but that would have contradicted everything he preached

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I know that he could have had his followers take up arms and fight for him and didn't which isn't very evil in my eyes.

John 1 8:36 KJV
Jesus answered,
My kingdom is not of this world:
if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight,

that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

He was demonstrating "turn the other cheek".

They wanted to kill him and get rid of him and his teaching. They wanted a wrathful ruler guided by the wrathful "god" of this world, but his teachings still survived and even spread across the world, hidden in the bible of the angry yahweh/jehovah as the words of Jesus from The Merciful Father, waiting for those who seek the True God to read and follow Jesus' Words, for anyone who chooses to give up the wrathful "god" of this world for The Merciful Father of Love

That demonstrates the power of turning the other cheek, which the world was deceived into seeing as "weak".

edit on 17-1-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The point being, Jesus had a select few people that actually knew him... lived with him, walked with him... learned from him on a daily basis...

IF he asked them to fight for him, they all would have been killed... at that time no one could match the might of Rome

And he would have had no one to continue on with his teaching

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yea, the Romans were some mean aholes especially to anyone seen as not getting in line to Roman authority. The cross was reserved for those such people
edit on 16-1-2016 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Interesting how the cross was brought into this conversation...

Considering it actually says Stauros... which is a stake, not a cross

The cross was something that was adopted by Christianity... one of many paganish things

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join