It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling good is a crime

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Danowski

why ignore the part where i say this

Altered perception
• Change in mood
• Relaxation
• Euphoria
• Altered sense of time and space I can see this being an issue in a car
• Impaired memory (high doses) negative aspect
• Paranoia/Anxiety (high doses) negative aspect
• Auditory/visual illusions (high doses) negative aspect
• Hallucinations (very high doses) negative aspect

Never have i had a situation with caffeine, nicotine, sugar, chocolate, or MONSTER where it altered my sense of time and space. but I understand your anger is directed at me not the subject.

and if you read all my post you will find I'm against the war on all drugs even the bad ones. I'm for total legalization of recreational use of drugs based off the simple understanding of freedom of choice.

And while you may feel you can pick and chose which drug is ok for everyone and which one is bad based off your own brief teen addiction. I tend to believe just because you got addicted doesn't mean everyone will or should be subjected to your judgement.

I have more knowledge on this topic then i would dare ever detail on a public website to prove some point to a person who feels because their own personal experiences are bad that it should affect other people from doing it.

ps Why did you bring IQ into your post?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

There has been research that has suggested the caffeine can induce hallucinations, and so can nicotine withdrawal. Much like cannabis they affect different people in different ways. It would be interesting to see whether there have been any significant changes in mental health problems in American states that have decriminalised cannabis. Or comparing countries where it is legal etc.

The effect that cannabis has on short-term memory is reversible and not long-term.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

originally posted by: jobless1
a reply to: lovebeck

actually I'm very aware of the pain medication situation. Regardless of the fact placing restrictions on doctors to prescribe medication isn't something the government should have any say in. Documenting peoples medical records is considered criminal except for the government which is crazy. Placing restrictions on treatment options is stupid and dangerous.

again freedom of choice

You really have no clue. "Documenting on people's medical records..." Is NOT criminal. That's what we medical professionals do in order to provide ongoing and safe medical care and to protect ourselves from BS allegations and lawsuits, too. Too many people who claim they are in "pain" abused the system, leading to more problems which are very present today. But they are non complaint when it comes to ANY other treatment modalities other than pills. Go figure.

Those "restrictions" aren't for those who have a legit medical need and an actual diagnosis, but for those who could be treated with other medications, physical therapy, biofeedback, injections, etc. but either refuse or STILL demand they get their opiates, even when they are not needed. These are the people who either purpsely or inadvertently became dependent/addicted and are the reasons that these regulations are now in place. The ones who refuse to go to pain management, refuse or are non complaint with any other treatment options, the ones who come to the ED and say "there's only one kind of pain medicine that helps me...its called dilaula, dilila..." And then we say "Dilaudud?" And they perk right up, get all bright eyed and say "YES! That's it!"

Seriously, if I had a nickel...

Drug seekers/abusers almost always have the same behaviors and act exactly alike and they're not fooling anyone anymore. Blame them for the war on opiates, it has NOTHING to do with cannabis.

I can tell your a nurse and that's great. Lets talk 3 scripts one copy goes to a government agency correct? Why if you are keeping copies of the medication and the persons medical history does a government agency like the DEA need a copy doesn't that seem to be a huge breach in Hepa laws which allows others to view your personal medical history?
And since its the dea and they are employed by the government to keep track of your medication history isnt this exactly why hipa laws had been created to stop people from being able to make money off you. Like insurance companies so they can jack up rates because they know your medical history. I mean we do have socialized medicine now right? Can you honestly say with a straight face this isn't a breach in the hipa laws. Because once the government got involved into healthcare and made it mandatory to have insurance shouldn't the hipa laws been able to stop them from viewing your personal medical history?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

You missed the point of my post by a longshot - nevermind.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danowski

Then please do explain and I will honesty give you a sorry for the misunderstanding. Its late but I found the topic interesting. I might have gone into full on attack mode because i feel like even when I give responses people just want to attack the idea like THC has no side effects or negative aspect. It does in high doses so what? but people want to say it's a wonder drug devoid of any negatively is where I drew the line.
edit on 17-1-2016 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

because it's a mind-altering substance that ruins your judgment and eats your brain and turns you into a zombie.
most places leave you alone if you light up @ home and don't bother anyone.
I sure don't want to drive down the road amidst a bunch of stoners. dude! red light! whoa!

www.drugabuse.gov...

"Marijuana significantly impairs judgment, motor coordination, and reaction time, and studies have found a direct relationship between blood THC concentration and impaired driving ability."

I feel bad for you

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psychonautics

originally posted by: ElGoobero

because it's a mind-altering substance that ruins your judgment and eats your brain and turns you into a zombie.
most places leave you alone if you light up @ home and don't bother anyone.
I sure don't want to drive down the road amidst a bunch of stoners. dude! red light! whoa!

www.drugabuse.gov...

"Marijuana significantly impairs judgment, motor coordination, and reaction time, and studies have found a direct relationship between blood THC concentration and impaired driving ability."

I feel bad for you

lol eats your brain like some kind of water amoeba? damn it the guy did say eat your brain however i can see reaction to time being correct.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

The FDA has recently approved the notoriously addictive prescription painkiller, OxyContin, for young people aged 11-16

Holy...sh"i^t what next! I am gobsmacked. These people need to be hung upside down in the town square Mussolini style

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
"You are an ignorant fool"???
Yah, OP, that's the way to approach the only person to appear to offer a different perspective than your own. Really really great presentation.

telling someone that they are a zombie and believing the plant rots your brain warrants said comment.

Ignorance is not a perspective, it is a mental failing that needs to be addressed

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Then please do explain and I will honesty give you a sorry for the misunderstanding. Its late but I found the topic interesting. I might have gone into full on attack mode because i feel like even when I give responses people just want to attack the idea like THC has no side effects or negative aspect. It does in high doses so what? but people want to say it's a wonder drug devoid of any negatively is where I drew the line.

You keep saying thc has negative side effects

please list some sourced facts for us, every study I have looked at that shows such things is far too flawed to draw such conclusions. Especially when you are reading and they state that it "might" or "could".

The people that I have seen that became psychotic or display any negative health effects used more than just MJ. I knew a guy that would huff gasoline if he didn't have anything else. He also consumed cough medicine, crack, and opiates. All his doctors know is that he smoked marijuana and drank alcohol. So obviously it is the MJ causing his psychological issues and not the gasoline that he has been huffing since he was a teen.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

You keep saying thc has negative side effects

please list some sourced facts for us, every study I have looked at that shows such things is far too flawed to draw such conclusions. Especially when you are reading and they state that it "might" or "could".

The people that I have seen that became psychotic or display any negative health effects used more than just MJ. I knew a guy that would huff gasoline if he didn't have anything else. He also consumed cough medicine, crack, and opiates. All his doctors know is that he smoked marijuana and drank alcohol. So obviously it is the MJ causing his psychological issues and not the gasoline that he has been huffing since he was a teen.

yes and I posted it like 12 times

altered perception
• Change in mood
• Relaxation
• Euphoria
• Altered sense of time and space I can see this being an issue in a car
• Impaired memory (high doses) negative aspect
• Paranoia/Anxiety (high doses) negative aspect
• Auditory/visual illusions (high doses) negative aspect
• Hallucinations (very high doses) negative aspect

lol maybe the reason why you cant find anything is because you are actively ignoring what I posted then requiring proof. I think your having a hard time understanding the difference between side effect and long term health effects. I didn't say it would eat your brain and make you a zombie forever however while you are on the drug your impaired! that is all

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
telling someone that they are a zombie and believing the plant rots your brain warrants said comment.

Ignorance is not a perspective, it is a mental failing that needs to be addressed

Right then. Now Iknowwhoyouare.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join