It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling good is a crime

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It is ok to put people in a cage, and ruin peoples lives over a harmless plant according to society. It is ok to steal their children because they need said harmless plant. It is ok to steal the assets of those that posses said plants. It is ok to brand them and punish them for the rest of their lives because they used a harmless plant to enhance their quality of life. It is ok to steal a child's parent for possessing a harmless plant that they are hardwired for. It is ok that children, wives, husbands, fathers, mothers, etc have to deal with the pain and suffering that lawmakers inflict upon them. It is ok that the general population has had their 4th amendment rights stripped away bc they might be in possession of a common weed.

If this is what society truly believes then society needs to be put in a ward for the criminally insane. Why is feeling good a crime? Obviously "feeling good" is the true "crime" in the eyes of the law. This is abundantly clear because the plant itself is less harmful than any and all processed foods, energy drinks, alcohol, cigarettes, fast food, car exhaust, etc.

Can someone please explain to me why feeling good is a crime...

If feeling good is not the crime then why are we not being imprisoned for all of those legal items that are actually proven to be harmful using real science instead of reefer madness science?

I also find it extremely unsettling that people are trying to BRIBE the government by saying "please? we'll let you tax it!"

The people have spoken and the man said no. The man allowed it to be legalized in a couple of states so as to fine tune the the law and tax machine. The man did this so that it would have a system in place by the time the people stopped bribing and begging.

Feeling good is a crime because good old fashion christian doctrine declares that life is about suffering. When good ol fashion chistians see people having fun and enjoying themselves they look for difference in lifestyle and declare them evil.

Even in these chains, you can't stop me.
Even in these chains, you can't stop me!

Once upon a time There was a nasty, little piggy filled with pride and greed
Once upon a time There was an evil, little piggy typical disease
You see this little pig is slowly becoming my own worst enemy.
You see this evil pig she's a blood, blood, blood sucking part of me

end of transmission
edit on 16-1-2016 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

You're mistaking 'Society' for 'Big Pharma"

The reason 'society' has a negative view on Marijuana is because society has been engineered to believe it has negative effects, and is dangerous, and 'just take our pills, instead".

A free-to-grow-medicine that is healthy and can actually cure many different ailments is bad for big-pharma business.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

You're mistaking 'Society' for 'Big Pharma"

The reason 'society' has a negative view on Marijuana is because society has been engineered to believe it has negative effects, and is dangerous, and 'just take our pills, instead".

A free-to-grow-medicine that is healthy and can actually cure many different ailments is bad for big-pharma business.

Though I agree we are still allowing it and therefore bare the burden and blame as well.

We are all responsible for allowing our rogue elites to drop bombs on children overseas as well

We are allowing this and we are to blame.

We need to do something about it while we still have the freedom to share information with each other.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

The FDA has recently approved the notoriously addictive prescription painkiller, OxyContin, for young people aged 11-16. The approval does not come without significant controversy, however, as rates of prescription drug addiction continue to plague America and other countries around the world.

www.thecabinchiangmai.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

because it's a mind-altering substance that ruins your judgment and eats your brain and turns you into a zombie.
most places leave you alone if you light up @ home and don't bother anyone.
I sure don't want to drive down the road amidst a bunch of stoners. dude! red light! whoa!

www.drugabuse.gov...

"Marijuana significantly impairs judgment, motor coordination, and reaction time, and studies have found a direct relationship between blood THC concentration and impaired driving ability."

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

First, that is an impressive video. A little harder music than I normally listen to, but I loved it.

As for your OP, it is one of about a million things that are never explained logically, yet are illegal or frowned upon at least.

Like Ghost says, Big Pharma. There is also a stigma that goes with this plant started by the government back to the 50s. makes no sense, yet continues to be an argument.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

The FDA has recently approved the notoriously addictive prescription painkiller, OxyContin, for young people aged 11-16. The approval does not come without significant controversy, however, as rates of prescription drug addiction continue to plague America and other countries around the world.

Evil always targets the children.

gangs do it
drug peddlers do it
cults do it
religions do it

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

I made a post on that some time ago. www.abovetopsecret.com... Get them young, Big Pharma says. Then they will need Methadone or suboxone, but probably be denied it eventually, and buy heroin on the street.
edit on 16-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

Evil always targets the children.

gangs do it
drug peddlers do it
cults do it
religions do it

Data accepted...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Though I agree we are still allowing it and therefore bare the burden and blame as well.

I'm not so sure 'allowing it' would be the right terminology.

The only people who agree that these actions are necessary are only the ones who still believe what they have been engineered to believe is true.

There seems to be a clear -and large- movement in the attempt to legalize marijuana, and some states have already caved to such a movement.

The only thing holding it back now is at a federal level, instead of a state level legalization. And it seems apparent that this will come quite soon as more and more people are waking up to the good that comes with legalizing it.

originally posted by: Specimen
a reply to: Ghost147
We are all responsible for allowing our rogue elites to drop bombs on children overseas as well

Not really. Most were against invading specific countries (unless there was a supposed attack or thread on the nation), and the government went ahead anyways.

Once again, it's not necessarily up to the people. It should be, of course, but in the end the 'elite' will override us unless they find a way to make whatever change is coming profitable.

originally posted by: Specimen
a reply to: Ghost147
We need to do something about it while we still have the freedom to share information with each other.

I've been suggesting for a national-level revolution for some time now. However, I'm not so sure the nation knows how far the elite's power really stretches.

Here on ATS, most of the members seem quite aware. But the population that does realize this on ATS certainly does not reflect the population that does in North American countries (or any other countries around the world).

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero

because it's a mind-altering substance that ruins your judgment and eats your brain and turns you into a zombie.
I sure don't want to drive down the road amidst a bunch of stoners. dude! red light! whoa!

www.drugabuse.gov...

"Marijuana significantly impairs judgment, motor coordination, and reaction time, and studies have found a direct relationship between blood THC concentration and impaired driving ability."

You are an ignorant fool

cell phones will kill more people behind the wheel than marijuana will

TV is a mind altering substance, music is a mind altering substance, caffeine and sugar as well.

Sexual imagery is mind altering as well and is thrown in your face on billboards

Prescription drug users are more of a threat than potheads

the elderly are more a threat to you than potheads

self absorbed asshole drivers are more of a threat to you

Marijuana alters your judgement in more positive ways than it does in negative ways. I have personally seen it turn self absorbed, violent, selfish people into caring decent human beings

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I've never seen a valid argument for banning the stuff- but I can tell you I would spend a lot less money on heavily taxed alcohol if I had something more effective and less harmful to my health just growing in the sunshine out back.

link   
a reply to: reldra

If one part of black & white board influenced bad health and profits ex. ciggs. And the other benefits when you become a "patient" ex medical bill. And still another generates funds/grants when incarcerated, then $$$ funds generated, established... upon non aware population for aware are not exposed nor governed by same influences or ill material exposures.

link   

www.drugabuse.gov...

Same as alcohol, which is legal. You are not supposed to drive after using a certain amount of either. Guidelines are given for height/weight as to how ,any drinks will cause impairment. People who use the plant substance normally know their tolerance for driving. Like medications that say "see how you react before operating a motor vehicle or using heavy machinery'.
I can't drive without my anxiety medication, though I have been prescribed it for almost 20 years, someone just getting the medication should wait to see how they feel.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

www.drugabuse.gov...

Did you just quote the dea's opinion? Yikes

Take a look around for studies before you pass on lies.
Recent NTSB studies have found little no performance change to driving.

legal effects are detrimental to people and should not be up for debate in a free country.

North Korea it's cool, but not in US of Phizerprison
edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: to edit

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

www.drugabuse.gov...

You are an ignorant fool

Marijuana alters your judgment in more positive ways than it does in negative ways. I have personally seen it turn self absorbed, violent, selfish people into caring decent human beings

imho ANYTHING that affects ones' mental processes is dangerous. especially if it's addictive.

"Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly!
In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper.
Your eyes will see strange sights, and your mind will imagine confusing things.
You will be like one sleeping on the high seas, lying on top of the rigging.
“They hit me,” you will say, “but I’m not hurt! They beat me, but I don’t feel it! When will I wake up so I can find another drink?”

wine, pot, whatever. sad and troubling when people lose themselves.

edit on 16-1-2016 by ElGoobero because: typo, edit out needless verbiage

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Something like this?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

www.drugabuse.gov...

You are an ignorant fool

Marijuana alters your judgment in more positive ways than it does in negative ways. I have personally seen it turn self absorbed, violent, selfish people into caring decent human beings

imho ANYTHING that affects ones' mental processes is dangerous. especially if it's addictive.

"Do not gaze at wine when it is red, when it sparkles in the cup, when it goes down smoothly!
In the end it bites like a snake and poisons like a viper.
Your eyes will see strange sights, and your mind will imagine confusing things.
You will be like one sleeping on the high seas, lying on top of the rigging.
“They hit me,” you will say, “but I’m not hurt! They beat me, but I don’t feel it! When will I wake up so I can find another drink?”

wine, pot, whatever. sad and troubling when people lose themselves.

Not all that use it abuse it. There are more responsible users than irresponsible ones. Most people don't smoke and drive, most people don't smoke at work, most people don't tell people they smoke outside their inner circle of friends. You would never know they did such heinous things like enhance the quality of their evening with a safe plant.

Most people that do it live productive and happy lives. The lazy, jobless, forgetful waste of space you see on TV is a rarity. There are far more "clean" people that sit in front of the TV all day eating cheetos.

Oh btw I like the bold "alters your judgement" part of that sentence. When I went downtown last night I didn't drink and drive like the thousands of bar patrons roaming the streets. I caught a discreet buzz, listened to an amazing blues rock artist, cuddled up with a couple of cute asian girls, sobered up 100% after a couple hours, and went home. All of the other bar patrons were obviously drunk and going to their cars to risk the lives of everyone around them on their way home. The police pulled over their quota (mostly the less expensive looking vehicles) and ignored the rest

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I'd blame the effects on society for them to even feel the need to lose themselves over the drug which helps them get lost

I'd go further and say that society and its psychological effects are more dangerous to people than any mind altering drug

But yeah, keep blaming drugs for people getting addicted to the escape instead of waking up to the realisation that our society sucks, it's a much less bitter pill to swallow right ?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

the make it legal crowd always spouts off the positive aspects of the drug like its will cure everything. And let me be clear I don't care what you do in your spare time if your an adult and it doesn't hurt anyone else. Pot heads make some of the most outlandish claims on the drug, its like watching real life snake oil salesman at work. I not talking your once in a blue moon pothead they are not usually activist for legalization. I'm talking about the guy wearing hemp sandals, shorts and a fish concert tee shirt, the dude with dreadlocks wearing sunglasses at night. These are the normal activist and not that anything they do or wear is wrong but its hard to take them as mature adults!

These pot heads have made enemies as well lately because they are willing to throw other people under the bus in their quest for legalization.Tobacco Smokers and alcohol drinkers get caught up in the legalization debate all the time and most pot heads feel its ok to bash these people in their quest for legalization. Instead of intelligently explaining how when used maturely it poses little to no risk like alcohol consumption. however it poses a risk of secondhand smoke exposing others to mind altering drugs "hot-boxing" so in some ways its like tobacco. So i honestly believe its the pothead approach to legalization that has kept it from being fully supported by all states.

I personally don't believe the government has the right to stop anyone from doing any drug if they are an adult and they willingly mad the choice themselves.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join