It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube game players

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79
Yes he has some of those. You'll find them here. Those are pretty funny.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

When I do it, I'm listening to what they're saying and how the game is working for them. I want honest impression rather then slick media reviews.

I also want an idea if it's something I might want to try playing myself. Sometimes, it's hard to dig up the information on whether or not a game is TPS vs. FPS, how quickly it actually runs, things like that. Watching someone play for a few minutes and listening to them describe it gives me an idea.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

If you want to watch me scream like a girl (and that's what my fellow ATS staffers say, heh), then watch my Outlast videos......I'll admit....that game creeped me out. Here's some highlights from it:

Dude! I loved that.

Don't use the elevators. "Er. Sorry".

Best. Line. Ever.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
Don't really watch the gamers but like a few of the reviewers like Worth a buy and Angry Joe, I prefer to play a game than watch somebody else do it for me, never understood the fascination, it's like watching somebody eat a meal and say some silly #, or watching someone watch a movie saying stupid # throughout it just makes no sense how it is entertaining to people

I don't watch for reviews. I normally watch games I've already played for how they react. Games like Five Nights at Freddys, Geometry Dash, Kerbal Space Program, Don't Starve etc.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I like this dude that's not very well known retro snow and I can't believe gamesack wasn't mentioned... I also like theradbrad

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: eriktheawful

I think the reason I haven't seen more of yours is that we're usually looking at different games. You seem to mostly post the horror and survival games and I'm less into those.

Actually, I only really do those for my channel.

I'm really NOT into horror games at all. I'm into games like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Bioshock, and Mass Effect.

Though I will admit I like 7 Days To Die, mainly because I like to craft and see if I can survive the attacking zombie hoard.

Creeping around an darken insane place isn't really my idea of fun. But, I had some friends that had seen me play and wanted to watch me play (read that as: wanted to watch me pee my pants). So I just did it for that mainly.

Then I ended up with some of my Boy Scouts who watched my channel and wanted to know about different games and the changes they've made.

Never did finish the Alien game......guess I need to work on that one...

ETA: of course actually I did enjoy playing Slender Man...but only when I pretend to be Rufus the Redneck:

edit on 1/16/2016 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I will admit that I also am partial to gameplay stuff like this:

Where the person playing does something quirky with the game just to see if they can. Admittedly, this isn't a random gamer but GamesRadar, but it's the idea that counts.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yeah I like that type of thing too.

What got me hooked was back in the day playing the battlefield games and flight simulators etc and seeing people making spoofs and just funny short movies.

And who can forget Gary's mod for HL?
edit on 160116/1/1616 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
My son loves this stuff. I'm pretty sure Jack Septiceye is favorite.

On a little serious note:

My son wants to start doing it (he's 16) and that's fine I think... as a hobby. I know some of the more popular ones make good money but he thinks of it as a career choice which worries me. Should I encourage, discourage or let him give it a shot and hope either he or I learn a lesson about our view on it?

Anyone have thoughts or am I off-topic?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

You mean like this?

(sorry, last plug for my channel, hehe):

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Support his interest, but encourage a real life job.

Getting paid well enough on YouTube to support yourself takes YEARS, and just like Hollywood, it can make or break you. It actually takes a lot of hard work and what you think is funny or successful, your subscribers may not.

It's not a sure thing.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Here's on that's very old and goes back to my MMO days.

Teikiatsu and I are in that mob somewhere.

I'm one of the storm cloud haloes because I brought my stormy that day to the dropship challenge. Virtue server used to do lots of things just to prove they were possible. In this case it was destroying Rikti dropships and taking down as many as possible to set a benchmark for the other servers to try to match. No one had previously really tried.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Thanks

Your reaction videos are funny, I can't play any games like that because of my anxiety disorder (getting my mind to that state makes me more to prone to an attack) but it was easier when watching another person react and I laughed. The teddy bear made me jump though lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You should play the Stanley Parable then....all funny, no horror at all.....or watch me play it, hehehe.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

There is some serious money in it if he can.

I would say let him give it a shot if he is 16, but obviously not let it get in the way of school or anything like that.
Which I am sure you already had planned.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I have that one. It's always great to have the game talk down to me like a Monty Python movie narrator.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Yah....something about him always ticked me off. My favorite part was the yellow line......which starts 2 minutes into this video...I was ready to shoot my flat screen then the line appeared...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Weird game! lol

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Yeah I'm the same, I usually just search for the game I'm interested in and then I watch what ever looks best. However I would have to say that Generikb is probably one of my favorite because he's pretty funny. I first found his channel when I was searching for Stranded Deep gameplay footage and I couldn't stop watching his videos. There are some other funny YouTubers I know of but they only talk about games or review game mods, so they don't really count. I will also admit that I watch pewdiepie some times, I'm sorry but some times he is funny, don't burn me at the stake!
edit on 16/1/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join