It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the 'Book of Revelation' originally a Jewish Text that was later doctored by 'Christians' ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
oops

edit on 17-1-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
It does in the sense that it isn't true. The Beast is a sole entity whereas there have been many anti christs, and they were humans who were against christ. Certainly you can see the difference between an endtimes Beast and some people who don't like him. Maybe you can't get it, but I think it's a simple concept. There is no mystical demonical powerful or otherwise important being to be prophecied about under the title The Anti-christ. You mean the Beast, but as does everyone who doesn't pay attention, you are trained to identify him as the Anti Christ, it is erroneous, and if you read the bible 20 times and don't know that, get the movie. Anything else I can clear up for you?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

And trinity is a pagan concept as well as hindu. The doctrine of three EQUAL gods is denied by Jesus, when he says God is greater than himself. God knows things Jesus doesn't such as when the world will end. So they are not equal. 3 Gods of different rank is polytheism by definition. Trinity is a pagan Catholic doctrine.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnosisisfaith

What people have come to call the trinity is based on what the Bibles calls the Godhead and John clarified that the three are one.

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Colossians 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

1 john 5:7 is a forgery...

for the second time...

the only two passages that Christians have in the bible that give solid evidence of a trinity are both later additions to the texts...

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

That is your opinion and problem not mine.

I believe they are God's preserved words. Everyone of them.

Why even have a Bible if you don't believe it anyway?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Ya dude, there have been so many trinities before Christianity and its a pagan Catholic doctrine

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Trinity is a pagan concept and Only God is God. I'm a Monotheist

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That is why I don't use the word Trinity it is not found in the Bible. But antichrist is.

It really makes me wonder why would any one spend time in a book (with 66 volumes) if they don't believe it is true?

If it is so corrupt why bother with it?

Just throw it out and go by the Harry potter series.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
So why have a bible if you can't figure out Antichrists plural or singular has nothing to do with the sole entity the Beast. That's not a mistake a serious bible student makes, its one of someone trying to glorify himself in Jesus name.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Allah God Most High remove this mans lack of understanding

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Allah couldn't touch the wisdom of My God and Saviour Jesus Christ.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Proverbs 26:12
Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I love the Book of Revelation as it pertains to the end times and gives us hope of the return of Christ to established his kingdom which is why the earth was created for in the first place and to rule there over all mankind. I look forward to seeing his holy Temple that will be there and is in the New Jerusalem. And in it he completes his promise to give Israel the Kingdom that he rules from and they serving him in worship forever.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Allah the Most High God is the only God.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Yes revelation is a great introduction to the Koran, Allah's last message to mankind as revealed through the prophet Mohammad may he be blessed.
Allah bless America.
edit on 17-1-2016 by Gnosisisfaith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Jesus is the Messiah, and never claimed to be God, never asked to be worshipped, and fully acknowledged his inferiority to God. Men say Jesus is God, Jesus says Gog is God. God is the God of Jesus the Messiah. Jesus didn't pray to himself, he prayed to God. He never claims to be God. Three words Jesus never said are "I am God" Messiah yes God no.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnosisisfaith
a reply to: Annee
Id recommend a cover to cover reading of your faiths book(s).

Been there, done that. It's what led me to secularism. Been on net for 30 years.

When I was young I considered being a Christian minister.

I had to first know what I would be teaching/promoting was based in fact. It isn't.

I'm going to stop there. We will not agree, and I don't want to derail the thread.

Peace, out

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You wrote

QUOTE "Yes revelation is a great introduction to the Koran, Allah's last message to mankind as revealed through the prophet Mohammad may he be blessed. Allah bless America..." UNQUOTE

Any possibility of getting back on track with the main topic of this thread which is (in a nutshell) :

Is there an embedded Jewish Apocalyptic Ur-Text that can be recovered that is buried in the 'Book of Revelation' - a Jewish core that was later doctored by Christian Scribes ?

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Akragon

That is your opinion and problem not mine.

I believe they are God's preserved words. Everyone of them.

Why even have a Bible if you don't believe it anyway?

Its not just an opinion... the proof is in the texts for Matthew 28

And 1 john 5:7 has been debated for years because none of the earliest texts or fragments we have contain that text...

Both were altered by Trinitarians scribes

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join