It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Sky Trumpets' Heard in the Netherlands, the UK and Morocco

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This video says it all really

link

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

It sucks that people feel the need to hoax a very real thing, because as I said in my original post I heard it when people were first becoming aware of it, around 3-4 years ago.

I am one of those people who heard the actual original sound and it gave me chills down my spine when I heard it, I can't describe the feeling I got..and also our dog was freaking out running around in circles and barking hysterically.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

It sucks that people feel the need to hoax a very real thing, because as I said in my original post I heard it when people were first becoming aware of it, around 3-4 years ago.

I am one of those people who heard the actual original sound and it gave me chills down my spine when I heard it, I can't describe the feeling I got..and also our dog was freaking out running around in circles and barking hysterically.

I am not saying you are lying, and maybe you did hear something. But I have seen no evidence that these noises are real. All I have seen is hoax after hoax with people taking the original sound from the original video ( from Russia I think)

And also, I have seen evidence of strange noises that turned out to have a more down to earth explanation ( in the video I linked)

So, put all this together, and I see no evidence. If you did hear that noise, then I know how frustrating that is for you, but I just need evidence .

I am not a debunker or anything like that, as I believe in alot of paranormal stuff. I just see nothing in this. Sorry

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Nothing ominous hoax sounds that produce nothing.

I could read about them for-ev-errr about 2 minutes.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No need to be sorry, I appreciate that you have your own opinion on the subject.

On my part I apologize for striking out at you but it is frustrating to try and explain my experiences to people here.

I do hope you continue to keep an open mind

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
My hypothesis is that some of these unusual sound events aren't faked. However their origin is man-made.

If you take a look at maps where these noise events are reported, you can overlay them with maps showing other data. The one I thought of particular interest was maps showing major pipelines. The two coincide a lot more than it should if it was just purely random.

If you understand that restrictions and turubulent flow in a fluid can make noise, and at the right frequencies certain structures can resonate like organ pipes, it should be fairly obvious that pipelines moving large quantities of fluid can be a source of noise under the right conditions. In other words, if a pump is operating at the right speed or a valve is just partially closed a certain amount it can start stuff humming. Now consider that type of thing happening in a pipe big enough to drive a car through that is who knows how many miles long, that sound will carry over quite a distance.

The thing is, companies operating pipelines already deal enough with the NIMBY crowd as it is. So do you think they'll also admit to being the source of occasional noise? The answer should be obvious.

Would be nice to validate this hypothesis though. If you're in an area where you're hearing this kind of thing, travel around to try and triangulate it and use something stiff as a sounding rod and listen to what is underground.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I know people that heard those trumpets too.
Very strange and they don't sound benevolent at all.

Something strange happened that day five hunchback whales stranded on the beach in the Netherlands that day

A well known wild life documentary maker stated, " I've investigated this event and I think those Whales might be desturbed by this sound , leading them to wash up the on the Dutch coast. "

He also said that I happened before in other parts of the world.

So it's an important clue that is these trumpets sound , it might be possible that animals are being desturbed and could die because of this.

Then we can start some research of how and where these sounds come from.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

You can add Canada too.
Started December 31st 2015, then January 7th 2016 , and again,January 11th 2016, and yesterdat and today, the 16th and 17th.
I live 45 minutes to 1 hour by 2 USA Borders.
I thought it bad when I lived in South Central Manitoba. Winnipeg.

But why do ONLY certain people hear them?
The previous times heard them were in April 2012.
My Mom was at my place.
Very ill. She was back in Winnipeg for Chemo and Radiation though declared cancer free after having one lung removed, the said it was a Preventative. I begged her not to have the radiation. Anyway, I heard Trumpet LIKE noises with a bit of Harp.
I asked her if she heard it too as I was going out the balcony.
She didn't, but the whole block was outside, pretty much, as most had heard this as well.
It continued about once a week.
My Mom still didn't hear them, asking with tear filled eyes, " Does that mean I don't go to Heaven?"
My heart broke as I said, " No Mom! Of course not! The noises are being heard everywhere by many!"

I played her a YouTube Video of a local young man from where we had lived a long time before
1993. She knew him better than I as he'd been in the family business daily.

She STILL could not hear the noises on the video! She cried.

I told her maybe some people's auditory senses were a bit different and that was all.

She didn't calm down till my husband came home and said he also could not hear them, that all day, people where he worked had been going outside looking in the sky to see where the noises seemed to be coming from, nor could he hear it on the YouTube Video.

Same as now.
I am outside with neighbors whenever we hear it, yet my husband and about a quarter of the townspeople do not hear it either.

Last time? My Mom did pass 3 days after Thanksgiving 2013 when trumpet and harp LIKE noises again started up.

My Mom was a great musician as was my late Dad who Followed her less than 3 Months later in February 2014.
My husband is also a great Musician.

I grew up with musicians but am not one.
So I thought it was indeed a certain frequency only heard by a certain amount of People, but then when I spoke to him 3 hours before my Dad's passing, he smiled, hardly able to speak, asked if we heard the horns and harps and the said the Angels were coming.

We heard the noises but for one Nurse who remained silent till leaving my Dad's room as she didn't want to spoil my Dad's happiness.

So what exactly are they?

S&F

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Oh,and I am an Earthquake Sensitive.
I get off kilter and clumsy, shaking, a feeling of doom and prophetic nightmares of places being destroyed.

I get similar feelings to hearing what you call, " Sky Thunder."
As do others.
I don't know why some can't hear them, but it may be, they are the lucky ones

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: IAMTAT
God Farts?

God doesn't fart.

God Farts and un-farts both at the same time
Like the big bang but way smellier!

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

originally posted by: intrptr
I'm trying to get behind the meaning of ---"Sky Trumpets".
Is this kind of like alluding to prophecy or something?

I think some people are remembering the "trumpets" blown in the book of Revelation and making that connection.
Quite mistakenly, because the trumpets in Revelation are not being heard by the people of the world; they are blown, one at a time, to mark off different stages in the vision, just for the benefit of John himself and the readers of the book.

"And the Horn will be blown, and whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth will fall dead except whom Allah wills. Then it will be blown again, and at once they will be standing, looking on." - Qur'an, 39:68

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi
Well, the trumpeting sounds which people claim to have heard don't match that description either, do they?
The population of the world has not fallen down dead.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I've posted a few times about these sky noises and my own opinions. I'll share again. It should be noted that everything everyone is posting on here is simply "their opinions" because nothing is for certain when it comes to these noises.

Here is my thread from March of 2014 www.abovetopsecret.com...

The summer of 2011 is when the trumpets first began to sound, well, the first year that the worldwide phenomenon entered the public consciousness. Many first heard the phenomenon when an 11-minute You Tube video was released of a mysterious sky roar in Kiev, Ukraine that continued reverberating for the entire length of the video. It was made August 11, 2011. Upon first hearing the video you get a sense of foreboding. It was creepy to say the least.

In the following weeks, many videos began to surface claiming the mysterious sky noise in the background. Some of those videos were obvious fakes, but others weren’t so easy to dismiss. The sounds were of a mechanical nature, occasionally sounding like metal rubbing against metal. In the Kiev video and others that are believed to be real, regular background noises you’d expect to hear can be heard. The fake videos are simply the same Kiev sound dubbed over a video.

Over the course of months the sounds continued but their reports slowed considerably. Reports of the sky noises first began emerging in 2008 and I might add that once again, as with the other phenomenon discussed, that wasn’t long after the methane levels began rising again in 2007. The sounds slowly increased over the next couple of years but in 2011 is when the reports of the noise exploded. Many speculations were tossed about on what the true nature of the sounds could be, from earth tectonic movements, magnetic pole shifting, HAARP, secret underground construction to the end of days as the angels from heaven were sounding the trumpets.

There is a very extensive list of some sky noise reports that were reported to the website “Strange Sounds from the Sky.” Many of the reports also have You Tube videos. You can visit the website to view the videos for these reports and listen to the sounds.

Many theories have been pushed forward about these noises. I’ll go over a few of them here and then I’ll share with you my own beliefs on the nature of the sounds. One of the main theories that actually received some press attention was that the noises were a result of acoustic gravity waves. A Russian geophysicist by the name of Elchin Khalilov explained these sounds as being caused by high energy processes.

From Professor Elchin Khalilov
We have analyzed records of these sounds and found that most of their spectrum lies within the infrasound range, i.e. is not audible to humans. What people hear is only a small fraction of the actual power of these sounds. They are low-frequency acoustic emissions in the range between 20 and 100 Hz modulated by ultra-low infrasonic waves from 0.1 to 15 Hz. In geophysics, they are called acoustic-gravity waves; they are formed in the upper atmosphere, at the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary in particular. There can be quite a lot of causes why those waves are generated: earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, storms, tsunamis, etc. However, the scale of the observed humming sound in terms of both the area covered and its power far exceeds those that can be generated by the above-mentioned phenomena.

In the large list of the sky noise reports at “Strange Sounds from the Sky,” several of them are reported prior to an earthquake, so some of this makes sense. However, you’ll note that the professor states at the end of this paragraph that the scale of the sounds that the world has been hearing lately has too much power to be generated by earthquakes or any of the other phenomenon listed. That makes it highly strange. The professor then went on to state that his belief is that the sun is the culprit behind the noise. He said that the sun was heading for its solar maximum and that it would generate enough power to cause these sounds. Khalilov said that the powerful solar winds cause the sound when interacting with the atmosphere-ionosphere boundary.

He made these claims in 2011, but since that time we know that the solar maximum ended up being a real dud. Scientists said that the solar maximum that was supposed to have peaked by now failed to ever show up. They said it was one of the weakest solar maximums.

In addition to a weak solar maximum, I raise the question about these sounds and why they haven’t been reported in the past every time we have a solar maximum (about every 11 years). Now, I realize that these sounds are nothing new to mankind, but it does mark the first time that they have been reported on such a large scale. They were so infrequent prior to 2011 that most people never even heard of strange sky noises, including myself.

It may be that the professor is correct about acoustic gravity waves causing these sounds in the reports throughout history when solar maximums were at their high, but in this case, it may be something else entirely.

In the interview that the professor did in regards to this explanation, he said that the intensification of the gravity waves can be explained by higher solar activity and activation of geodynamical processes. “This is indicative of the increased risk of strong earthquakes and volcanic eruptions all over the globe in the near future.”

I find this quote very interesting because it was made in 2011 and fast forward to now, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions have most certainly increased.

So, like everyone else, I offer up my own opinion. They are indeed acoustic gravity waves as the professor described, but not caused by the sun, but by increasing methane gas in our atmosphere. I believe that these strange noises are coming from below us, just as the gas is. As these gases under ground seep to the surface, they are erupting in plumes into the atmosphere and the more that releases, the thicker the blanket of methane becomes. First, the sounds are acoustic gravity waves that would be heard prior to an earthquake but would normally be too weak for us to hear. Well, maybe these sounds are echoing throughout the atmosphere after releasing from more than just earthquakes, but general tectonic plate movement and earth crust subsidence, which we know is happening very often right now with sinkholes, volcanoes, earthquakes, land slips and cracks and not to mention the manmade causes, hydraulic fracturing.

As the sources for the sounds increased with all the earth crust movement, the methane gas in the atmosphere also increased. Maybe the increasing levels of the gas in the atmosphere, the blanket, is acting like an amplifier of sorts, allowing the sounds to increase in volume and area which allows us humans to hear them more often.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Here's a pretty cool story about these noises being heard at Yellowstone dating back to the 1800's. This was from my thread I posted above:

Then there are the sounds that have been described coming from Yellowstone for ages. Some have declared the sounds as whirring, moaning, or that of bees. They’ve even been described as voices, but especially unnerving is the description of a harp sound, which is similar to that of the trumpets being described as of late. All witnesses reported that the sound was something they had never heard before. Other reports said the sound would generate across the sky. Yellowstone is a large super volcano and in recent years has experienced a number of earthquake swarms.

There was one eyewitness account from a Professor Forbes in the 1800’s who described the harp-like sound he heard at Shoshone Lake (Yellowstone) as more of a mechanical resonance. His story was reported in Science Magazine
“It put me in mind of the vibrating clang of a harp lightly and rapidly touching high up above the tree tops, or the sound of many telegraph wires swinging regularly and rapidly in the wind, or, more rarely, of faintly heard voices answering each other overhead. It begins softly in the remote distance, draws rapidly near with louder and louder throbs of sound, and dies away in the opposite distance; or it may seem to wander irregularly about, the whole passage lasting from a few seconds to half a minute or more,” the professor stated in the article.

“On the following morning we heard the sound very plainly. It appeared to begin directly overhead and to pass off from across the sky, growing fainter and fainter towards the southwest. It appeared to be a rather indefinite, reverberating sound, characterized by a slight metallic resonance. It begins or is first perceived overhead, at least, nearly every one, in attempting to fix its location, turns his head to one side and glances upward. Each time that I heard the sound on Shoshone, it appeared to begin overhead, or as one of the men in the party expressed it “all over,” and to move off to the southwest.”

This description was in great detail and is identical to what many witnesses of today describe. It’s safe to assume that whatever sky noises are being reported worldwide today have the same source as the sky noises heard at Yellowstone over 100 years ago.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Nope .. .not flatulence of the gods, echoing thunder or even cosmic turbulence against the atmosphere... it's a several kilometer tall angel blowing a brass trumpet through a hole in the firmament between the heavenly realms and ours...

prove me wrong!
(Please prove me wrong, in fact, as that idea is ridiculous ... but really, we have a severe lack of credible info... although I vote for a natural phenomena perhaps tied to warming air currents... but again, can't prove a thing).

eta: as some of these might be real, has anyone done a check of the more credible ones and their relation to some natural phenom like the jet stream? Maybe more energetic (hot) air creates a more solid plane against which a resonance forms? Dunno... just spittin' in the wind...

One plausible explanation is a technique called
Atmospheric Lensing using microwaves or high powered radio frequencies to superheat air in parts of the upper atmosphere to form an
acoustically reflective surface where
soundwaves from a far away high powered
sound source can be reflected off the
atmospheric reflector/lens.

The other technique is 3D-atmospheric shaping
By superheating pockets of atmosphere into a specifically shaped object using ultra-fast
RF and Microwave beam-control computers
so as to create a GIGANTIC virtual instrument
which can create acoustic pressure waves of
immense power and range.

I remember this type of project (HAARP et al...)
from a few of my high-placed aerospace industry contacts...
edit on 2016/1/18 by StargateSG7 because: sp and grammar

edit on 2016/1/18 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

I remember this type of project (HAARP et al...)
from a few of my high-placed aerospace industry contacts...
Or, you remember it from silly claims about the sounds.
www.google.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My friends work at JPL, LMCO, BAE, DARPA,
NSA, DIA, DIAMLER, EADS, BOEING. NORTHRUP,
RAYTHEON, etc..... Where do yours work?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: StormyStars

We might have heard the same noise back in April of 2012, I was living in Saskatchewan at the time which as you know is only a province away.

Also I remember people had heard it in British Columbia as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: StargateSG7

My friends work at JPL, LMCO, BAE, DARPA,
NSA, DIA, DIAMLER, EADS, BOEING. NORTHRUP,
RAYTHEON, etc..... Where do yours work?

None of your business.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   

PLASTICS! Baby it all about plastics...and that
Famous number 2430....It' the new SPECTRUM
in defence against
High Altitude Active Auroral Research Program
Aka HAARP experimenting with using RF and Microwaves to create atmospheric lenses for submarine communications for long range...extremely low frequency sound communications to underwater and underground...
AND for creating reflecting system to bounce
And direct ground penetrating radar and of macrocosmic penetrating radiation for
sub-surface finding and mapping of
underground structures......

P.S. Oh Sheisse...MAA and Ciphers too?

...Maybe See you in The Blue Gene and
Cray Fish Dungeon next month.......

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join