It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland has jailed 26 bankers, why won't we?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
My god 26 bankers? That is like 1/2 of Iceland's population!

that was too good

iceland jokes?

"What part of Iceland are you from? Chyklvdrkwg ? Oh, cool.

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

originally posted by: Xtrozero
My god 26 bankers? That is like 1/2 of Iceland's population!

that was too good

iceland jokes?

"What part of Iceland are you from? Chyklvdrkwg ? Oh, cool.

The volcano in Iceland has been spewing its contents continuously for so long that scientists have named it Joe Biden.

Personally I would not live in a place in Iceland with less than 20 letters, but I'm picky like that....

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

AAWw thank you !! you made my morning !!

Sorry OP last time
I guess next are Biden jokes ? Best quotes

1. "This is a big f*** deal!" --Joe Biden, caught on an open mic congratulating President Barack Obama during the health care signing ceremony, Washington, D.C., March 23, 2010

2. "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008

3. "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." --Joe Biden, Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008

4. "Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. Quite frankly, it might have been a better pick than me."
--Joe Biden, speaking at a town hall meeting in Nashua, New Hampshire, Sept. 10, 2008

5. I'm not joking." --Joe Biden

politicalhumor.about.com...

edit on 17-1-2016 by Layaly because: Spacing

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The bankers write/changes laws as their schemes develop. That is why they lobby the laws. The Iceland bankers must not be very smart if they could not find a way to write laws in their favor.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: interupt42

Sanders 2016.

I lean more to the libertarian side at this time, because I believe our gov't is blatantly corrupted . Hence I believe the smaller the gov't the better , no sense of making a corrupt gov't bigger and stronger.

However having said that, I might be willing to give Bernie a chance as he appears sincere in regards to wanting to stop Oligopolies from ruining this country any further.

Furthermore, its not like the Republicans are shrinking gov't or doing anything different than the Democrast any ways,. so why not?

However to my however , I don't think the DNC will elected Sanders and it will be a Hillary 2016 crappy year.

edit on 48131America/ChicagoMon, 18 Jan 2016 11:48:29 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
We are OWNED by bankers ...:-(a reply to: interupt42

and the Military Industrial Complex , but that might be a thin line between the two.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Don't know if anyone else has told you or not.
The primary reason we have not jailed and prosecuted any of our bankers is because the politicians are getting bigger paydays from the bankers than they are from the jobs they were elected to do.

Of course there is also that revolving door thingy.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Don't know if anyone else has told you or not.

The question is more rhetoric in nature and its based on the articles title itself.

The primary reason we have not jailed and prosecuted any of our bankers is because the politicians are getting bigger paydays from the bankers than they are from the jobs they were elected to do.

Your are right.
They are not only getting bigger pay checks from the largest Lobbying groups but they are dependent on them to survive. Last election cost half a Billion to run and this elections is likely to surpass that .Thats a lot of favors to pay back.

To bad the people are too busy blaming the opposing politic party and concentrating on the symptoms of corruption such as : economy, healtcare, telecom, SS,Medicare,Jobs , etc .

What people need to be doing is forgetting about all those symptoms and concentrate on the real problem that effects those areas.

The real problem is our politicians are being pur$ued by money and everything they do is for the benefit of the Oligopolies . That is why every industry that everyone is complaining about, has an Oligopoly behind it that is benefiting handsomely.

edit on 39131America/ChicagoMon, 18 Jan 2016 12:39:51 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

originally posted by: Swills

Sanders 2016.

I lean more to the libertarian side at this time, because I believe our gov't is blatantly corrupted . Hence I believe the smaller the gov't the better , no sense of making a corrupt gov't bigger and stronger.

However having said that, I might be willing to give Bernie a chance as he appears sincere in regards to wanting to stop Oligopolies from ruining this country any further.

Furthermore, its not like the Republicans are shrinking gov't or doing anything different than the Democrast any ways,. so why not?

However to my however , I don't think the DNC will elected Sanders and it will be a Hillary 2016 crappy year.

'Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want.'

Anna Lappe
edit on 18-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

'Every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want.'

Anna Lappe

Thats not always true in the Oligopoly controlled gov't we have .

With oligopoly markets you are forced to buy from a controlled market and they use our gov't to force you to buy a product.

Obamacare quickly comes to mind. You have no choice to buy it and no choice to pay the ridiculous amounts they charge.

edit on 41131America/ChicagoMon, 18 Jan 2016 14:41:54 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Layaly

Anna Lappe

Thats not always true in the Oligopoly controlled gov't we have .

With oligopoly markets you are forced to buy from a controlled market and they use our gov't to force you to buy a product.

Obamacare quickly comes to mind. You have no choice to buy it and no choice to pay the ridiculous amounts they charge.

I do agree 100% no argument there .. controlling market especially for basic necessities .. there is not much u can do .. ultimately no one can force you to buy any service or product .. but who wants to live in the woods eat dirt no doctor, shelter, food, electricity .. so till we are self-sufficient as individuals or communities we just have to suck it up .. there is no easy solution .. and there is something sinister this I just looked at my rego payment for 6months it's 350 for 12months $550 if u live wage from wage week by week this is kind of cruel

With the quote .. I am talking about overconsumption and greed beyond comprehension .. The amount of crap we hoard and the bankers building empires with imaginary money on cost to you .. but that is also people's fault the 99% who believed they can become rich without lifting a finger or the people who believe it is ok to ask for loans to buy that sh** they don't need and never paying it back

edit on 19-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join