It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iceland has jailed 26 bankers, why won't we?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

This is interesting , odd , and refreshing to see high ranking Financial executives not being untouchable. Well atleast in Iceland.

OOPS , I just noticed that this article is not recent after all. Please move to appropriate forum.

it has just sentenced five senior bankers and one prominent investor to prison for crimes relating to the economic meltdown in 2008. And with these two separate rulings made last month in the Supreme Court and Reykjavik district court, the nation that gambled so heavily on the markets and lost so disastrously in the consequent crash has sent 26 financiers to jail for combined sentences of 74 years.

I wonder how long before the US passes a law making it illegal to jail bankers, just in case this catches on.
edit on 51131America/ChicagoSat, 16 Jan 2016 10:51:18 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Banker's don't fall under the same U.S. justice system as the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Yep and neither do the Politicians.

(post by GOrwell removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: GOrwell

I don't want to sound like I'm over simplifying things, but it really is simple. It's because they're white. Seriously, money is just another tool the whites use to oppress people around the world. That is why you see only Jewish people and whites run international finance, so when something goes wrong they sacrifice the poor Jew like they did with Bernie Madoff

And here I thought racism was long un-tolerated on ATS.

The reason why there are so many jewish (and yes, predominately white jews...but, I'd imagine you might not have known there were anything *but* white jews) in professional careers is because of THIS secret...

Now, Shhhhh...don't tell anyone I told you this...

Because jews were long unwelcome in the societies they lived in, they had to fend for themselves. If they needed Doctors, they taught their own. Same with lawyers, bankers, etc.

Now that jews are not as socially isolated as they once were, they are far more commonly found in these fields.

But, why so many, you're asking?

Because of another difference in their society...

In jewish society, you pay your parents back for your education.

Guess how?

You pay for your children to go to college as well. That is the reimbursement for college in jewish families.

That is the reason for so many jewish white-collar professionals.

Now, I know what you're thinking. I must be jewish myself, or an "apologist" for the jewish community.

And you couldn't be more wrong.

In fact...I find many jews actively perpetuate the self victimization cycle.
In fact...as much as I love my close friends and their families who are jewish....I avoid discussions concerning Israel with them. I deplore the state, but, the individual jews I've gotten to know...damned fine and good people.

How do I know all of this, when I myself am not jewish?

Because when I was sixteen, and blunderingly asking what could very well been taken as offensive questions....My best friends mom actually fielded (and with grace) the fumbling question I asked her about her family and other jews.

I asked "Why are there so many jewish Doctors?"

Now, if I may offer some friendly advice...

When you don't like a culture...or people....

Ask questions rather than make assumptions.

Because we ALL KNOW what happens when you ASSUME. Or, do you?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Because in America, the Banks and big fossil fuel companies control us.

The media won't report it and our politicians make too much money from them to prosecute them.

They are our corporate overlords. But because we have just enough money to live and cheap entertainment, we won't revolt or upset this power structure.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The short answer... because they own too many of our politicians (in all levels of government).

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

a reply to: nullafides

Right on brother, I'm with you, it is my contention that the whites just put the poor Jewish people in these positions so they can take the fall when something goes wrong. I would never speak I'll of a Jewish person, that would be racist, but whites are so evil and oppressive, how can you not talk bad about them ?

So...you're talking bad about me then?

So...maybe I should say it's "the blacks" that cause all of our crime? "The hispanics" that challenge our social values?

I see you're new here. With your attitude and racist views...I cannot imagine you'll last long.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
We are OWNED by bankers ...:-(a reply to: interupt42

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Not sure of the county the OP is looking at, but laws were broken? Clearly Icelandic bankers broke the law, so were duly prosecuted. The collapse of the Icelandic banks brought Iceland to its knees.

You cannot prosecute people because you don't like them.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

a reply to: nullafides

Racist ? Dude I hate racism, but I couldn't be racist even if I wanted to be, I'm not white. Only whites can be racist, I just tell it like it is

Would you like more rope?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I don't want to sound like I'm over simplifying things, but it really is simple. It's because they're white. Seriously, money is just another tool the whites use to oppress people around the world. That is why you see only Jewish people and whites run international finance, so when something goes wrong they sacrifice the poor Jew like they did with Bernie Madoff

The Orientals don't too bad either.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Mods, please censure these racists, as they are clearly in violation of T&C.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Sanders 2016.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Big Banks have already been caught breaking numerous laws, my favorite is money laundering for Mexican cartels, and are labeled to big to jail. Big Banks break the law, make a LOT of money and then Uncle Sam fines them taking his cut but at the end of the day Banks make profit, don't go to jail, and continue doing the same thing over and over again.

Sanders 2016.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

They are holding all the keys. All they had to do in 2008 was demand to be bailed out or else…

They're still running things.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The reason they were able to get control of the problem in Iceland is they are a small community on an island. There was no where to run, they didn't have sky scrapers to hide in and armies of police to defend them.

they had to surrender and answer for their crimes.

In the Continental US there are multiple cities, airports and centers of political, military and police power.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My god 26 bankers? That is like 1/2 of Iceland's population!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join