It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran - US prisoner swap deal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Breaking :

Iranian News Agencies are now reporting that 4 American-Iranians have been released in an attempt to swap prisoners with US of A .

Jason rezaeian is among the released .

I hope the never ending "Bomb - bomb" rhetoric ends as a new chapter of engagements begin . and i wish all the republicans a heavy defeat in upcoming presidential elections .

English sources will soon be available , for now i hope this persian one can help you with google-translation :

www.tabnak.ir...

lets give peace a chance

UPDATE: english source :

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 16-1-2016 by haman10 because: Update

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

I hope the never ending "Bomb - bomb" rhetoric ends as a new chapter of engagements begin .

So do I but as long as Netanyahu is still in the game that's a dream we'll continue to chase.
I welcome the thaw in relations between Iran and the US but fear it will be a brief interlude before the return of the ice , I think peace is the dream of people not governments.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I welcome the thaw in relations between Iran and the US but fear it will be a brief interlude before the return of the ice

Especially because Iran thrives on hatred of the Great Satan. Remove that from the equation and the people will be more interested in things like their civil liberties and freedoms. Iran won't tolerate that.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I think the ice will return when the Hawks come back to roost , this President is on his way out so gains achieved now are temporary.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: gortex

I welcome the thaw in relations between Iran and the US but fear it will be a brief interlude before the return of the ice

Especially because Iran thrives on hatred of the Great Satan. Remove that from the equation and the people will be more interested in things like their civil liberties and freedoms. Iran won't tolerate that.
Yep .

Iran (the axis of evil) has been doing all it can to deteriorate the relations based on this hatred : We shot down your airliners "by mistake" and we've taken lives of scores of innocent people ,we have tried in multiple times to force regime change in US ,we have toppled democratic governments in US ,and we've supported saddam in his 8-year long incursion into your country .we're buddies with the worst human-rights violators in the world (saudi and other persian gulf states) and we bark for human rights in your country . all in all we've killed hundreds of thousands of innocent americans directly or indirectly .

and here we are calling for peace . outrageous i know .

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Swap? I am curious as to who are we giving up in exchange for a journalist, pastor, marine, and business man?
Has there been any news released on that?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

$25 Billion per hostage.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Swap? I am curious as to who are we giving up in exchange for a journalist, pastor, marine, and business man?

I say we give them our congress for the exchange

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I think we should also consider whether or not Iran will comply with the agreements. Claiming their nuke program is peaceful while having secret nuclear facility in Fordow buried under a mountain doesn't exactly portray confidence in Iran.

edit on 16-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

150 billion and a dozen GITMO terrorists.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Actually just found my own answer HERE

Apparently, out of the dozen Iranians in our custody, it seems Bahram Mechanic had won the lottery! Honestly, not too bad of a deal. 1 for 4!

Edit add: For those curious, you can read who the other Iranians in custody are HERE
edit on 1 16 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
IMO your statement seems to be foolish. The Iranians are state sponsored terrorist regime. They deserve to be hurt. The only reason these prisoners are being released is Iran wants that money that has been frozen in the banks. As far as your statement about bombing goes. Americans are only involved with the rest of the middle east countries that are trying to eliminate the threat of all the 7th century thugs that have been causing a lot of grief in the middle east.
The population of America is tired of all the weak politicians in Washington and at the state level. I do not believe they are going to loose come November when we elect a new President.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I guess obama did learn something from the bergdahl mess after all.

Now we will see if it becomes a norm where countries illegally detain US citizens in order to get their nationals released.
edit on 16-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Maybe now, the Iranians will finally love us.

Obama: "So you're telling me there's a chance"
www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The Ayatollah turns his hate machine on/off to suit. With a restless Iranian population, the only means of control is the "common enemy".

The topic is about warming relations. I merely supported the view that these are likely to turn cold if Iran finds internal problems and needs someone to blame.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

hahahahahaha

America sent a friend request to Iran.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I think we should also consider whether or not Iran will comply with the agreements. Claiming their nuke program is peaceful while having secret nuclear facility in Fordow buried under a mountain doesn't exactly portray confidence in Iran.

Honestly, I have no reason to disbelieve them about their nuclear program being peaceful or that Fordow is not being used to produce weapons of mass destruction. Because certain governments say they are lying does not give me reason to believe those governments when they, themselves, have quite the history of lying on a constant basis. I'm willing to wait and see. Personally, I am going to take Iran at its present word and see what develops but that's just me.

Concerning the swap of hostages, I support that action. Keep moving forward!

My two and a half cents!!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
IMO your statement seems to be foolish. The Iranians are state sponsored terrorist regime. They deserve to be hurt. The only reason these prisoners are being released is Iran wants that money that has been frozen in the banks. As far as your statement about bombing goes. Americans are only involved with the rest of the middle east countries that are trying to eliminate the threat of all the 7th century thugs that have been causing a lot of grief in the middle east.
The population of America is tired of all the weak politicians in Washington and at the state level. I do not believe they are going to loose come November when we elect a new President.
I donno what a "state sponsored terrorist regime" means ? do you mean that Iran is a terrorist regime that is sponsored by other states ?

so 2 questions here : 1- what terrorism ? 2- which states sponsor our terrorism ?

" Americans are only involved with the rest of the middle east countries that are trying to eliminate the threat of all the 7th century thugs that have been causing a lot of grief in the middle east. "

No actually , americans are thunder-buddies with the exact 7th century thugs that you're talking about . quite the hypocrisy and take a look at the mirror .

we deserve to be hurt ? who says that you ? a 300 year old country who had at least a leg in almost all the wars in modern history ? the sole user of weapons of mass destruction ?

and for those of you who wonder ,the Iranians who have been released from american prisons are actually 7 engineers or businessmen who "tried to break international sanctions on Iran" .

respect goes both ways .

I think you're mistaking these kind gestures as a point of weakness . sometimes people need to be reminded of who they really are if they egos go all bloated .

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well they do have a county in the region that is known to attack nuclear facilities.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is great news! The fruits of diplomacy. I bet those families are relieved as anything.....

a reply to: Ceeker63

The Iranians are state sponsored terrorist regime.

So is the US, and Israel, and Russia, and the UK and so forth. How many terrorists have we armed for the sake of our political influences? How many terrorists has Israel supported for their agenda? This argument doesn't stand sorry.

The only reason these prisoners are being released is Iran wants that money that has been frozen in the banks.

of course, it's THEIR money. They want it back and rightfully so. Who are we to dictate to them? Nobody is arguing Iran released these hostages out of pure heart... it's political.... but that's the point of diplomacy, working deals, working out a peaceful agreement and solution.

The population of America is tired of all the weak politicians in Washington and at the state level.

So Americans should then elect 'strong' politicians who will send thousands of american boys and girls to war, spend more $$$billions on this war, incur more debt, more lives lost, more families broken, more bombings on innocent civilians in Iran... and the CYCLE of war and hate will continue in the middle east. This is your idea of what a 'strong' politician does?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join