It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are your happiest memories that no money could buy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
After having a good talking to yesterday by one of the ATS members and being told of my negative persona here on ATS (he knows who he is and no offence was taken) I decided to post a happy thread.

I have never been materialistic and have always thought the best moments in life come free of charge. That has certainly been the case in my life. Obviously everyone needs a certain amount of money to be happy for basic needs such as food etc but on the whole after that I think it is the people and moments in time that bring us most happiness. So what are your happiest moments, those little photographs in our minds that we take out every now and then and replay.

Here are some of mine

First and foremost finding out I was pregnant and the birth of my child and every little thing since too many to discuss here.

Meeting the love of my life at 23 (although no longer together still remains). Stood on an hill in Castleton, Derbyshire looking down into the valley. It was a beautiful winters day without a cloud in the sky and in the distance a man was paragliding, in the background Albatross by Fleetwood Mac was playing and as we stood entwined I remember thinking I am at one with this man and this beautiful world and I wont forget this moment.

Going to a beach in Devon with my dad where I went as a child. We stopped off on our way home. I hadnt seen him growing up and the birth of my child had bought us together. David was holding my hand paddling in the sea and in the background was my dear dad watching and as our eyes met the years slipped away and it was me as a little girl holding my dad's hand. That moment was when I knewwe would never go there again and he died of cancer a few months later but we had that connection where our rift healed.

Watching the eclipse about 2001 in Jersey. Around 200 people therewith cars on a part of the Island that is more akin to the moon than earth. Dark Side of the Moon playing in the background and as darkness descended we were all at one in the silence. The sea became calm and the birds stopped singing and everyone felt so insignificant for a brief moment in time

There are hundreds of these moments in time which I feel so lucky to have as memories.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
And a funny memory was when myself and 500 holiday reps descended on a nightclub in Florida after coming from a 70's/80's night. All dressed in satin pants and big hair. Although Americans are known for being more out there than the more reserved British that wasnt the case that night. We went into the club like a whirlwind and as a lot of scared looking Americans looked a bit baffled at this group of strange people we took the club by storm. Once Disco Inferno started playing a lot of the locals took the attitude if you cant beat them better join them. We had a blast.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
A couple of my past girlfriends bring very fond memories. My main memories are rooted in time and place, both with family and friends. Holidays past, gatherings and days out.

Sadly, it all fades, but some things remain sharp. I guess that's all we can hope for.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

Having my dad walk me down the aisle when I married my last husband.
Watching my first grandchild being born.
Watching the sun rise in the morning while everyone else is still sleeping.
My daughter on her wedding day.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
For me it was cutting the umbilical cord when my son was born, I'll never forget that beautiful moment.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Getting my first car, finally getting out of high school, seeing my dog born, talking to my sweetheart.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Waking up early in the morning on a summer day, I'm on holidays and I'm getting my bike ready to go see my best friend.

I'm riding there through the bike path and the birds around me are chirping with happiness, the world is at peace and for a brief moment, I feel like life is worth living for an eternity.

I go over that memory in my mind more than I should I think but it's one that brings me inner peace; a glimpse at a time when life was much easier and more innocent.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
All to do with family and friends. I remember watching the story of Onassis who Jackie Kennedy married at the time he was one of the richest men in the world. In it there was a part where his daughter was dying and he said "I'm the richest man in the world but it means nothing when I can't save the most precious thing in the World'.a reply to: mamabeth

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I know my little boy's dad used to say he wouldnt cry when our child was born. I had an emergency section and he was laughing hysterically and crying at the same time and he flopped on me and I wax patting him saying there, there with my stomach still wide open. We still laugh about that.a reply to: grainofsand

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Junior softball-I struck out the state's best batter with a change up. To this day I have no idea how I did it-I was a dud utility at best and I can still hear the stunned silence if that makes any sense. However I was playing in the mens league when I was 14 so I guess I had an unfair advantage.

edit on 16-1-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The day my little brother was born. My cousin lived with us at the time and she stayed home with me while my parents went to the hospital. I clearly remember our discussion, we didn't know the gender of the baby, she asked what I hoped to have, a brother or sister. I said sister but a brother would be ok too. She hoped he would be a boy, we were both overjoyed to meet him. He was an adorable baby.

Another memory I'll cherish is the day I married my best friend. It was a super low key wedding at the County Recorders office with just our immediate families. We all went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant afterwords. When we got home we kept calling each other husband and wife, it was pretty surreal. Just had dinner there last Sunday night and were reminiscing.

Another good memory was driving home after having suffered a NDE and being hospitalized for 2 weeks. It was a warm day and the windows were down. I had my arm out the passenger window, moving it up and down with the breeze, just thinking how lucky I was to be alive.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Learning my first phrase in Papua New Guinea pidgin. My lewa gets so tickled when I speak it to her.
ETA: In case you're wondering, it was "Mi lovim you stret" which means I love you. The "stret" part makes it more effective. Not a bad start.
edit on 16-1-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Generally rooted in early childhood...Christmases, endless summers...

Passing my driving test first time, qualifying as a nurse.

Doing a sponsored walk in the Lake District near Lake Windermere years ago. I've never, before or since, spent so much time in the mountains. My feet were sore and bleeding but my soul was filled with majesty.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Spending the holidays with my northern grand parents, happiest days of my life. They were quite advanced with their tech for their age. They had one of the first Atari games consoles and a vcr. They would always take us to see the illuminations in Blackpool, don't get much better than that

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Family reunions of my Dad's family. He was the middle of thirteen children. In July the ones who had moved away always made a trip home and we all met at a park and had a huge fish fry. There were dozens of cousins that I saw only once or twice a year. We were free for the entire day---swimming, riding ponies, playing in the playground on the awesome merry-go-round and polishing the BIG slide with bread wrappers! After dark the men shot off fireworks and the kids all got sparklers from the one aunt and uncle who didn't have kids.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I wish i could remember it is all a flaming blur

Who am i and why am i here

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

at present

and this song

www.youtube.com...

beautiful thread

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Beautiful photos. This is where I am going to contradict myself about money if I won some I would definitely buy a property with a sea view lol. Wouldnt have to be big just to have a view of the sea. I love being near the sea it is when I am at my happiest.a reply to: Layaly

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Many years ago I lived in Malta and the Maltese have the right idea. In winter they live in land and then as the peak of Summer comes and the heat becomes unbearable they move to the beaches. You sed all the tents lit up at night it is so pretty. Maltese dont have lots of money but they have quality of life. They still all go out as families on Friday night with children dressed up, Grandparents live with children and in Gozo they can still leave doors unlocked on house and cars. Loved Malta for this, beautiful people! reply to: anxiouswens

posted on Jan, 17 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Hmmm ok you got me too

Apparently somewhere in Malta are these caves with the tide coming in .. Club in each room they play different music and then you can walk out on a glass deck that is build over the water

After being done with dancing just jump in a jet into Switzerland Alps .. Beautiful wooden cottage with fire and a hot outdoor jacuzzi

Darn .. I don't feel to well suddenly .. I was happy eating cold pasta salad and free riding outdoor cinemas (Star Wars I probably last only few minutes)

The picture is ocean in AU .. gawd I think these people don't know how lucky they are

edit on 17-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join