It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these photos good enough to be considered evidence for the reality of UFOs (not aliens)?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ch1n1t0

If you go to the article and save one of the photos to desktop, right click on it, and go to properties and then details you will see what camera was used, what settings and that the person used Adobe Photoshop CS along with time and date that photoshop was used.

edit on 16-1-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

As I said, this photo was heavily edited. The A-10, the craft, and in fact the prominent transmission tower on the far right are all added in artificially. The tower was most likely added in attempt to dissuade the viability of ELA (Error Level Analysis) as it appears to have the same compression noise as the A-10 and unknown craft.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

a reply to: incepticus

Would not the news editors at the website have used photoshop to enhance and zoom into the pics they provided? It was obvious that with arrows added, some photoshopping was done on the images posted on website.
edit on 1 16 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Unless it has been identified then it is a great UFO...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Would not the news editors at the website have used photoshop to enhance and zoom into the pics they provided? It was obvious that with arrows added, some photoshopping was done on the images posted on website.

I used the pictures that did not have arrows, obviously. AND the pictures are not so enhanced if you run them through a program and auto-correct you can see them much clearer, why didn't the news editor do that instead of leaving them all with a fuzzy odd hue?
edit on 16-1-2016 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

Honestly, I haven't a clue on the specs. Perhaps, the OP can update us on any more details from the actual witness contributor. He may have made his own adjustments before sending to website. Bulgaria is European Union and just because OP referred to the gypsies does not mean that this individual was one. This is right next to a USA/Bulgarian military base, obviously it has not been determined who provided these photos, so it is silly to state it is bogus based on pre-conceptions.

edit on 1 16 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 1 16 2016 by CynConcepts because: Trying to get rid of quirky quote box..lol.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Looks to be blurry because they used a wide (low #) aperture, the power line tower is in focus but the rest, not so much...

Had they used a better lens/camera these pictures would be better quality.

I'm curious as to whether or not they are digital files, and if they are, can we get the EXIF data? If they're from a film camera then that is even more intriguing.

First photos I've seen on ATS in a while that are rather interesting and not a clear cut case of blurds, CGI, or total a photoshop job.

Does anyone know when these were taken?

S&F!

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I found the smoking gun. If you go to the article and save one of the photos to desktop, right click on it, and go to properties and then details you will see what camera was used, what settings and that the person used Adobe Photoshop CS along with time and date that photoshop was used.

That is not necessarily a "smoking gun" at all...

I use Photoshop on just about EVERY photo I take, because I have to.

Digital photos, especially if taken in RAW or NEF (for us Nikonians) format MUST be edited in order to be presentable.

As a somewhat professional and experienced photog, there's nothing in any of these photos that screams Photoshop job or CGI fake to me...

In fact, I thought they were shot with a film camera.
edit on 16-1-2016 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

What? Why are you linking my name to a post I didn't make or things I didn't say???

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Read my edit description tag line. For some reason when I posted your quote would show up in my edit post but not the actual posting. It was some glitch. I tried to correct by erasing everything above my response in quotes through editing...but alas gave up when it still kept my response in quotes.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: incepticus

Thanks for all the replies in the thread.

In regards to the EXIF data, the photos that I've uploaded were taken from the news website, they are not originals. The originals were cropped, zoomed and so forth in Photoshop, so they would clearly show the objects in the photo.

Also, I did include the fact about gypsies simply to be taken into account if no other photos pop up, seeing that the photos were taken from a road, it might have been someone just travelling. It is a fact that this Nova Zagora lies on the main road from the capitol Sofia to the sea-side, Bourgas in particular.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

You make a good point there, but I don't think the object is different in DPI - I've ran it through the fotoforensics website and it didn't show discrepancy in the areas where the object was. You can try doing that yourself HERE

And this was all done with already edited photos, not the original.

Again, I'm highly skeptical of this being forged by the witness because I don't see any personal gain to be taken out of this one. Of course, for some it's fun to fake photos, throw frizzbies, etc. I find it unlikely for the sheer reason that nowadays most people in Bulgaria are worried about bringing food on their table, most UFO sightings are actually planes/chinese lanterns that were reported around here and in some cases, it's just a tall tale coming from a looney.

I still haven't received an e-mail from the witness but I've advised the people from the website that reported this to actually include a long description, as quoted by the witness. They've already confirmed that what they've received in their inbox are these photos and a flight pattern description. That would help as well.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck

First photos I've seen on ATS in a while that are rather interesting and not a clear cut case of blurds, CGI, or total a photoshop job.

Does anyone know when these were taken?

Yep, hence me posting about it on ATS. If you take a look at my posting history you will see that it's not like me to post ridiculous photos as evidence rather than quite the opposite, I like ripping such apart. Also, mind you, I say evidence, not proof.

These were all taken on 14th of January, a couple of days ago.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

Thanks for your input as well and yes, point B is the reason I have an interest in UFOs in general and go back to the topic from time to time. I admit I haven't been digging much recently, with a lot more happening in my life but I still have no strong notion of getting a sure answer of what we might have observed.

Thing is, these same craft were seen by a large number of people, the only difference is that we saw them from quite close up. Again, I'm open to the possibility these were some fancy UAVs but once again, no one has managed to answer my question about the silence and some of the flight behavior. Also, we were able to see more than just lights, we also saw physical craft, on two occasions pretty clearly - you can read the detailed report at THIS PAGE. Also, if it's OK with the mods - LINK(if not, please snip it out)

So when I'm looking into digging around the photos that were taken on the 14th, I take into account the rest of the facts surrounding the Central Balkan chain. For me, this + the fact it seems that the photo itself wasn't manipulated make me look at this in a serious manner (again, something we can confirm for sure after we get our hands on the original). For most of you, even after we get the original and the details, this would hardly go as proof so on that point I was wrong in creating the thread title the way it is (but it still is valid evidence until proven tampered with) and I also understand that these photos aren't actually going to change much, but for me, with the data I've gathered and the personal account that we had - it actually does help add to the bulk of information about the reality of exotic craft being flown in the area since 2009. Also, fact is that one of the objects that we saw was your average disk-shaped saucer with a red very faint lights on the edge of the disk split as if they were windows, much like this monument from the 60s, again located on one of the peaks of the Central Balkan chain:

PHOTO OF SAUCER LIKE MONUMENT

Even the shapes of the windows on the outer rim were very much the same. Which is one of the reasons I still question our sighting and I haven't taken UAV/drones as explanation.
edit on 16-1-2016 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Its been identified as a collage involving a

ground attack plane

As in "Venona".

PS the search engines aren't finding these links anymore?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

The plane is obvious from immediate look. It seems the second object isn't that calming to be discussed? Or maybe I missed the point..

Which links are no longer working?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Its a great UFO but we are supposed to be able to search for it..
The search engines have nothing about power line monitoring from the 70's?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

Got ya now. I think that reaching a conclusion that the object is interested in the powerlines is a bit of a stretch - there are power lines in the photos but unless the witness comes forward with information, I don't see a reason to reach to that conclusion just from the photos. (again, I apologize if I still come across as not getting the point of your post and "powerlines").

The Venona reference is interesting. Reading into that.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
OK guys, just to extend on a few little details about our sighting in 2010 and why I feel this may actually be adding to high strangeness aspect:

a) when we met on the peak with my friend (as I was travelling from the West and he - from the South, so that we'd meet up in the area), we were initially travelling towards the seaside. I thought it was a good idea to watch the perseids there and on the next day - continue East to the seaside. However, when we got there during the day I immediately felt a very weird sensation that I don't want to stay in the area and preferred we continued to the seaside. I don't get such feelings on a daily basis and I'm quite level headed (sometimes more skeptical than it's healthy) but I can remember that I didn't want to stay there at all, which was strange because the place itself is one of the most beautiful sights in Bulgaria. And I've been there tens of times before, never having this feeling.

b) during the day what I consider a strange occurrence would be a fog appearing from out of nowhere (it was a clear sunny day, very hot, no clouds anywhere near) and covering all we could see around us. At that moment I felt a very harsh headache and went to sleep in the tent for a few hours. (since which I've had cases of cluster headache and migraine, which I've never ever had before that.). Next thing you know I wake up and we're talking with my friend about stuff of interest (the music industry, space, life, etc) when we noticed the first two objects.

c) you could hear dogs from all directions howling and barking like wild, something that I've never EVER heard before or after when going up in the mountains. Imagine all dogs from all villages in the area around going berserk.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join